The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My place

+2
deathsoonplease
Martinc
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

My place - Page 3 Empty Re: My place

Post by loveroses Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 am

oh you have no idea how this has made my day to hear from you Martinc - Maybe sometimes being so busy keeps you focused on life huh - well you write when and if you feel you want to, even just a couple of words to let me know how you are doing - I do care, and always will.
Big huggles - for some reason I especially thought of you yesterday as my own Dad died 11 years ago this month from lung cancer - I really hope you were made to feel special yesterday - because you are
Diane

loveroses

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Robynrose Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello Martin, I'm a newbie here, however not to depression/ anxiety and a few other probs to boot. I am really feeling for you at this time as yes I do know what grey is!! Personally for me I have found my family Dr to be of more value than the well meaning people from the psychiatric depart of our nearest main Hospital. When I was reading some of your previous messages and saw you were wacked when you looked after your little grandson I visualized you as being probably in your 50's. Don't ask my why!! Then I came to a message that said 70. Whew no wonder you were exhausted... I have such fond memories of my Pop. He passed away when I was in my early 20s. In fact I know that if he was here now he would be the one I would want to talk with about my problems and I somehow feel your little man will be the same with you as he grows up. For some reason grandparents seem to be sooooo much wiser than parents. Well maybe they all aren't but the children seem to see them that way and tend to respect them more. What are your interests Martyn?? OOps I have a son Martyn spelt that way.... Obviously you love your roses...Every day I try, hard as it is at times, to find something in the day I am sincerely grateful for and I write it down. In fact I have become quite a list writer. Apart from the basics I do each day I also write 2-3 (no more) extra things I want to do, even down to phoning someone. It is amazing the sense of achievement one feels as you mark each item off. Gives a feeling of being in control again. It doesn't matter if you don't do them all or any for that matter, just forward them to the next day. I do hope some little thing I have suggested helps a little.
Sending you positive vibes{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}

Robyn
Robynrose
Robynrose

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Martinc Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Robynrose, you do sound as if you're getting it together - list writing! I never seem to have the time. Before I retired I fondly imagined I'd have lots of time for my hobbies - fly fishing, wood turning, mountain bikinggardening etc. The reality is that I seem to have less time for these than I did before. Weird isn't it? I dearly love my little Harry - he's such a joy - just to hear him telling me about his latest digger brings a warmth to my heart. By the end of next February I will have two more grandchildren to filol up my days. Not sure how I'm going to cope with that - it scares me and tends to tip me towards depression. Luckily the medication I'm taking tends to flatten out those feelings, but also stops me from feeling the highs - you can't win.
Must go now - the recent wind has wreaked havoc in the garden and I've got a heap of things to attend to!
Cheers for now, M

Martinc

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Robynrose Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:52 am

Good afternoon Martin, Time is rushing by like a blur and it seems the older you get the quicker it goes..... I imagine you will be experiencing some very cold weather at the mo. When we were in Wellington last, visiting a son & family it was freezing. It was at the time a chap was blown off the wharf area down by Te Papa...My Wellington grandaughter is turning 3 on Saturday. I would love to be there but finances won't allow, not to mention I struggle with being away from home. We have a campervan which we are going to put on the market as even going in that can be a struggle and they have to be used often to warrant the expensive upkeep. Anyway have a nice day and I hope you have been able to get your garden sorted

Cheers R
Robynrose
Robynrose

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3