The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I in the right place?

2 posters

Go down

Am I in the right place? Empty Am I in the right place?

Post by red Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 am

I am suffering from chronic panic disorder - currently off work.....some days are ok when I dont have to talk to anyone or go anywhere, sometimes so so so hard........I have been here before about 4 years ago and am seriously wondering if i will ever be free of this or able to get around freely like others do........I could go on and on but will leave it at that for now. Please say hi if you can. thanks

red

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Am I in the right place? Empty Re: Am I in the right place?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:05 am

Hi Red,

How are you?

Yes you are in the right place, we are a supporative bunch here.

I too have panic attacks and cronic anxiety amoungst other things and am on medication for it. Are you opn any meds to help manage and have you had CBT which is a form of talk therapy?

I still have the odd panic attack but it is now normally from certain triggers from my past and my anxiety comes and goes. I have to give a speech on Monday at the Psyc Ward in Lower Hutt as part of work and am anxious cos it is to staff not consumers and am worried going into a ward might trigger some things from my background,

Take care

Back to top Go down

Post by red Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:16 am

Hi !

Yes I am on meds - been on citilopram for years and now have clomazepam to take when I need it.....but cant help feeling I should be able to manage without them.....I started seeing a phsycologist last week and have another app on Monday. Work are being fantastic so no pressure there.

I often chaired meetings at work that I would worry about and a friend told me that the only person who knows what I am going to say is me so if i screw up only i will know - just thinking about your speech on Monday......all I can do is wish you good luck - I am sure you know you can do it and if you are anything like me the fear is often much much worse.....wel sometimes anyway lol

Thanks for replying!

red

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:31 am

Hey Red, how you doing?
Anita
Anita

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by red Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 am

Hi - struggling somedays to be honest.....have a day or too where I manage just fine.....then for what seems to be no reason at all I find it really hard to even leave the house....I know that curling up on the sofa doesnt really help but it is all I can manage. There have been some good days though ! thank you so much for asking.

red

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:21 pm

You don't have to try to force yourself to manage Red, honestly. If what you can do today is get to the sofa and breathe and work yourself into a better space then that is what you can do. Small steps still get you places.

No need to add beating yourself up about panicking to the panic! Smile
Anita
Anita

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down