The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

+15
claire_bear1000
1teaspoon
jaxlino
_wizza_
angiebabe
diggingdeep
attica
beanie
Folly
lifeshouldbegreat
Southernbelle
claire_sky
lil_miss_haley
ZenMonsta
Lonely Girl
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

Post by claire_bear1000 Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:23 am

Thanks jaffa.....I feel so much healthier too.....I'm sure if I can do it, anybody can...just gotta keep at it.....I also have a shake for breakfast and/or lunch and only a couple of little snacks during the day and just have a good dinner......the shake stuff I get is just from the supermarket, something slim and you make it with milk.....so I either have 2 a day or if not feeling as hungry then 1 and a half....
claire_bear1000
claire_bear1000

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

Post by lil_miss_haley Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:59 pm

Im so proud of myself today i just have to gloat!! Iv been on this low carb diet since monday and I weighed myself this morning to find im.. 71.1kg! Thats 1.2kg weight loss!!!!! Im so over the moon, I know ill lose more cos its my 1st week and stuff but man.. its such great motivation. I also dont feel bloated anymore, Iv been sleeping better and I actually feel kinda good about my body... and I still get to eat yummy food!!!
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 pm

Down to 70.5kg... aim is 65kg for my 21st bday on the 27th march
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:40 am

Yay haley! You're doing so well!

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:38 am

Congrats Hayley, thats some awesome loss your doing Smile

I've made some positive changes too... going to the gym most days. Haven't lost much yet... about 1.5kgs over a few weeks but am feeling good. I'm doing weights at the gym (as well as cardio) so my flab is prolly turning to muscle (well thats the hope).

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:10 am

heya, am the newby to TBBD, am loving this weight loss thread!!! actually got a smile out of me!! Heck yes that weight creeps on after sitting around doing nothing for 5 years. Im only 5ft, back in the day was a healthy 55kg and didnt know it at the time, but actually looked ok! after sitting around moping and hating my life, being sick & having surgeries etc etc i gained 10kgs not tons and tons but on a shorty VERY noticeable and got me on an even bigger downer - (sorry this is long, but i dont talk to people so im spitting it all out here) anyhu long story shorter.... i have just lost 6kgs after my mum bought an excercycle in october last year- thankgod! Spent 30mins on it just bout every day, ate healthy and lost the cravings and the better i felt i started taking the dog out for long walks - yep being seen in public. So thats how i lost it.... until, i went to a friends wedding last month brought a new dress that made me look pretty ok i thought, until i got to the wedding.... now i know it was not my day or all about me or anything, but my friends didnt complement me at all, nothing! Crying or Very sad So 3 weeks later, i have eaten my self to oblivion again, feel like crap having put on weight. Need to loose another 6kgs and i will be ok-ish again. Will start tomorrow- after i've finished the pizza, chips and chocolate in the fridge. WOW Very long sorry....... Happy weightlossing girls!
Twinkle
Twinkle

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Wow good on you for losing that initial 6kgs twinkle, Im trying to convince myself that it CAN be done. Im only 2 inches taller than you so I know what you mean about the smallest amount of weight can look like a lot. You have done it once, you can do it again!! I bet you looked awesome at the wedding too, silly ppl were probably focusing on the bride (who does she think she is?!?! Razz )

Im trying to convince myself what a healthy weight is. Iv always thought I was fat, as I had a lot of puppy fat until I was 13, then at 14 my ballet teacher kept implying that I was over weight, so I thought I was fat. I was only 53kgs, with B cup boobs at only 14. So from being told that I was fat at 53kgs, I have always had an unrealistic veiw of weight. Then when I was 16 I got up to 55kgs (healthy weight for my height) and mum told me I was getting fat from eating too much chocolate. That really got me, cos I look back and I was a perfect weight. I think back now and I was 50kgs when I turned 16, cos I was riding racehorses and they wanted me to be a jockey, and I thought I was too big to be one.

ANYWAYS (novel, I know lol) I am now 71.2kgs today, however that extra weight is from fluid retention due to period due this week (I always bloat and turn into mega bitch) and apparently we all put on a bit of weight at that time so not too worried. I would love to get down to 65kgs, I think that would suit me as I am a wee bit top heavy.

I have been feeling a lot better about myself the past week weight wise, since Iv cut down on carbs the everyday bloating has gone and its great. Today Im remembering what its like to be bloated and I hate it.
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:32 am

blugh i hate that time of the month Mad Sounds like you are on the right track tho hayley! I think i was more excited that id lost the weight when i realised that it was proper weight loss if that makes sense?? Like, i got to 60kgs and stopped excerising and slipped with the food for a bit, but was still 60kgs. i didnt put weight on after those few days like i normally would have... dunno why, but thats when i knew i had actually lost 6kgs of fat, y'know my body had adjusted to being that little bit lighter. Have been in such a bad rut today that after i took the dog for a walk i got on the exercycle affraid crickey did i sweat! lifted my mood a bit so thats good. BUT just had a cream egg..... ooops! Embarassed im sure the cycle today will cancel it out.... happy weightlossing!
Twinkle
Twinkle

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by 1teaspoon Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:48 am

Haley CONGRATS! Well done you! you should be really proud of yourself! I know what you mean bout the whole healthy weight thing, 4 years ago i was 52kg and still thought i was fat lol. Im aiming for around 55-60kg and am keeping in mind that this time i might not lose quite as much cos im building muscle as well. Really i dont mind what i weigh, so long as im toned, fit and healthy.
Twinkle, so you had a slip up, sounds like you are determined to stick to losing the weight so dont beat yourself up too much k? Maybe you looked so fantastic at that wedding that no-one commented in case they upset the bride?
Jaffa, your post could have been written by me. Im exactly the same. Was feeling really stink about not showing any weight loss as yet, but jumped on the scales at the gym today and ive lost 1.5kg! Has taken nearly a month to show any weight loss on the scales so im putting it down to building muscle as well cos im doing weights and cardio also. Im really lucky that at the gym Dh and i go to, you are monitered by trainers all the time and it doesnt cost any extra so i can get that extra push from my trainer when i need it.
1teaspoon
1teaspoon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://theinvisibleagony.forumotion.net/index.htm?sid=045d004fd4

Back to top Go down

Post by george Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:16 am

Hi everyone, Well i do have a weight problem that has been around for many years. Last year i took a big step and saw a dietitian which was great as i lost 10kg in about 5 months. Since leaving her services things went well for a while but at the moment all the weight has gone back on and more. I am feeling really yuk in myself. I have very low self esteem and hate looking in mirrors. I keep thinking 'How can anyone love me the size that i am when i dont love myself'. I hear of others listening weight and feel so happy for them but then i turn it into a negative against myself. I which i had the motivation to go back to my eating plan that i know works. It says on the fridge where i can see it. When things get tough i find i eat. Also i have been and still are at time a emtional binge eater. I eat and then i feel guilty for eating that i eat again or not at all. Please help me to look after myself again.

george

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthousflame Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:13 am

For years Ive been struggling with my weight especially once i hit my teens the weight just piled on. I look back at photos when i was quite slim and think WTF happened (puberty probably lol) i've done the diet thing to no avail and I'm not dissing diets at all they work if you put your mind to it I would do it for a while like it was a new fad the instant the weight started to slow down so did my enthusiasim for it, i tell myself and to others "Oh I'm happy with how I am and look" when deep down I'm very conscious of myself, i wont go swimming in public or wear tight hugging clothes in fear that it will show how big i am when in reality the loser clothes i wore probably make me look bigger then i am, I have the classic hour glass figure and feel very out of proportion so losing weight is one of my goals to acheive I just need the mighty big PUSH to make me do it Laughing

Xanth
Xanthousflame
Xanthousflame

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by woodsyt Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:56 am

well it soundds like this could be the froum for me. I am trying the new look way of eating. so far lost half a kilo in first week. I am on it because i am taking serequal again and last time I put on 20kgs so am very aware of what might happen this time

woodsyt

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:00 am

has anyone here tried sure slim?

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:19 am

Wow this thread is a blast from the past, hows everyone going?

I'm still doing low carbs and Im down to 68.8kgs - 3.6kgs in almost a year. It doesnt sound huge but its big for me and Im really stoked. The weight just keeps going down and down and down, Iv gone from a size 14 to a comfortable size 12
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3