The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm working on setting up a 'Ladies Only' space here and

4 posters

Go down

I'm working on setting up a 'Ladies Only' space here and Empty I'm working on setting up a 'Ladies Only' space here and

Post by Admin (Paddy) Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 am

it will require 'permission' to use it.

Only those members who have declared their gender to be female, on their personal profiles will get access (hopefully). Oh, and me, as a Moderator. We have two female Moderators and in time I hope to leave this area of the site to them and you.

Same rules apply, I guess. Common sense, a bit of dignity and if anyone has problems here, let me know.

I hope it helps,

Cheers,
Pat.
Smile
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

I'm working on setting up a 'Ladies Only' space here and Empty Re: I'm working on setting up a 'Ladies Only' space here and

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:31 am

hmmmmm............i kinda wonder how safe it would be. nice thought though Paddy.
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

I'm working on setting up a 'Ladies Only' space here and Empty Re: I'm working on setting up a 'Ladies Only' space here and

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:33 am

sorry.........maybe I am a bit paranoid. but i dont see my femal probs as being any dif from MALE probs. Hormones suck but they arent an excuse!!!!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:40 am

lol. yeah I have some concerns too, but I tend to trust folk until proven it was the wrong decision.

The site has 3 moderators, 2 of whom are female, plus me. If necessary, I can delete messages considered inappropriate or offensive and can ban / suspend membership. Individual members can PM me if they have a problem with any posts made here and I'll review them.

Hopefully, people will play nicely.

I'd like The Big Black Dog to become a sanctuary, but that doesn't mean we all have to agree with each other. Robust debate is healthy, so I'm told.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:42 am

There are some things that some folk may feel more comfortable about mentioning, if it wasn't said in a free-for-all space on the Message Boards.

It doesn't have to be mental health related.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:30 am

Monsta, sometimes hormones do make things different for us. I went through about six - eight months where I was ok most of the time, but every month just before that time of month I would be rock bottom for 2 - 3 days straight. It was soo scary, I was really worried that I might not make it through. Thankfully this time I have gotten through this time without this happening.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi Paddy

Can you explain why we need moderators. I am very uncomfortable about this and believe that it is something that shouldn't be left to anyone in particular. I thought was where everyone all had equal input. What some find offensive others might see in a different light. I have seen it happen so often I went to a place where friends of mine were kicked out because their behavior was described as unacceptable by the moderators there. These people were all under mental health and judged by well meaning people who just let there own point of view cloud everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:13 pm

Maryann, hi.

We need moderators, essentially to protect my back.

Its my name on the website registration details and I can't be here all the time. I am compling a set of guidelines for moderators and they will be trained. The actions of moderators too, are subject to review by me. Any action taken by a moderator is recorded in the Admin Panel of this site and the whole process reconsidered to ensure that outcomes are fair in the circumstances.

Its because I know that I am unwell at times, that I wanted the backup of moderators. I'm not willing to trust my judgement 100% of the time - I know me too well.

And as I'm the mug who started this Board, it looks like I am also beholden to the provide a reasonable standard of care to people using the Big Black Dog Message Board - that includes making this place feel and be, safe.

Heck, I love a good arguement, a healthy exchange of views - and I hope they happen here. I've no problem with that at all. But if things get too personal, too heated, a moderator or me might just ask whatsup and how can we sort things out?

If we are anything but low key and in the background from a site admin persective, then perhaps we need to review the way we are doing things.

One thing I didn't do from the Admin Panel, was compile a list of banned words which could not be used in posts. If anyone does find a particular word highly offensive, PM me about it and I'll consider the situation. First n foremost thou, we are adults so hopefully, there will be next to no admin actions taken anywhere on The Big Black Dog Message Board site.

Maryann, I hope that my explaination helps you understand why I have appointed two female moderators - one in the South Island is a teenaged woman who has grown up around and with mental illness all her life. I know her and her head seems to be screwed on pretty well. I hope she could help me / us in understanding some of the pressures her peers are facing. The second moderator, from HB you would know from her posts on TM Depression Support threads - and I don't think I've ever seen or heard her be anything but supportive and kindly towards folk.

Hopefully the small Admin team will never descend to the levels of Message Board Mafia -but if we do? Tell us. In no uncertain terms. We have to behave too.

Nite, have a good sleep. And thanks for asking the questions you did.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi Paddy

Thanks for the expiation but that is exactly what I am trying to get away from.
I understand TM having it because it's a business but not here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:08 am

Bugger. Get back here. Please?

Cos if you do come back, you might notice that this 'Room' and its corresponding 'Mens Room' are now not Moderated.

Never let it be said that I can't be convinced to change my mind when it matters.

Take care of yourself, special Guest - and remember, you are welcome to make our place your place too - whenever you want or need to, k? Have a good evening and a great day tomorrow.

Bugger. Please come back.

Pat.
Crying or Very sad
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 am

Hey Paddy2, have only just had this site recommended to me. I'm a moderator on another site (totally different subject, however! Smile ) and I have no problem with the need for a moderator or two on this one. Unfortunately there is sometimes the need to 'moderate' folk who decide to be a bit nasty, and that is totally different from 'censorship' of a point of view that is put clearly and fairly...

Looking forward to finding some support here in my everyday life. I have suffered from depression since I was a teenager, have survived it, am on (now) effective medication for it, but still feel the need for contact with others who know what it means to live with it every day as I do.

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down