The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Same deal as with the Ladies Room ...

3 posters

Go down

Same deal as with the Ladies Room ... Empty Same deal as with the Ladies Room ...

Post by Admin (Paddy) Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:56 am

This is a space for the guys on the site, if you need or want it. Please keep it reasonably clean.

The messages are reviewed by moderators etc and we reserve the right to delete any considered inappropriate. Or even ban / restrict a member if necessasy, but it won't be cos we're all adults here, right? Choice.

Eventually, I'll suss out how to restrict access to this and the Ladies Room by gender but for now, lets pretend I've done that already.

Hopefully the main Message Board will be the one folk use most, but at least there are more options now.

Smile
Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Same deal as with the Ladies Room ... Empty Re: Same deal as with the Ladies Room ...

Post by Admin (Paddy) Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:13 am

In retrospect, I've decided to make this an unmoderated part of our site.

I'm big enough to accept I may have made a mistake and that I shoulda just left the Room as a 'free space' and seen how it goes.

And since its not being viewed by a moderators eye, I can say it.

Bugger. We lost a really nice person from our membership over this and I wish we hadn't. Bugger.

All this is new to me too, so we live and learn, hopefully.

Cheers,
Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Same deal as with the Ladies Room ... Empty Re: Same deal as with the Ladies Room ...

Post by ZenMonsta Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi Paddy

I know technically I'm not meant to be in here, lol but I thought it would be nice when you visit the site today to look at the boards and NOT see your name.......so hope you will forgive me for invading the mens space this once.

Oh......I didnt realise we lost someone over the segregated rooms......thats sad. I hope they return.

Cheers

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:41 am

Monsta my friend, you and everyone else can use any part of TBBD anyway you need to.

I started the 'separate rooms' because of a PM someone sent me, saying there should be a space for women to talk about well, women things (whatever that might be). So I did what was suggested. 'N cos I started the womens room, I thought the blokes better have a garden shed to retreat to as well.

Because ultimately, I am potentially personally liable for anything anyone 'publishes' here on TBBD, I have three 'moderators' who if it was ever necessary, could remove posts, warn a member about their posts, or recommend to me that someones membership be revoked. Shadowsmum and Rachie are Moderators (the latter cos she's my daughter and a teenager, so she knows more about teen-related stuff than me). I'm the other moderator, as well as site admin (big deal, lol).

We lost the person from here because that person didn't think the site should be 'moderated' in any way. I've gotta retain some level of not control, but host responsibility, may be a better way of describing it.

That person objected to TradeMe having moderators on its message boards and wanted TBBD to be a free for all. I can't reconcile that with my knowledge of my own potential liability and I want folk to feel safe here - having moderators is one way to achieve that.

Having said that tho, nothing has needed to be done yet by any of the moderators, which is probably just as well, cos I think I use swear words here more than anyone else (my bad, I know). But yes, we have moderators on this site and bits of TBBD are moderated and bits are not.

Hopefully, the fact that TBBD does have site moderators won't put folk off being with us, but if it does, then thats the way that particular cookie crumbles.

Pat. cat
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:44 am

this looks promising paddy.
All healing-power to you.
Im new here,just got in and i have a good amount of experience and an open to learning from others also.
will have a look about,meantime.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:52 pm

U got Mail paddy!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:28 am

failed
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down