The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

+15
claire_bear1000
1teaspoon
jaxlino
_wizza_
angiebabe
diggingdeep
attica
beanie
Folly
lifeshouldbegreat
Southernbelle
claire_sky
lil_miss_haley
ZenMonsta
Lonely Girl
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum Empty Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

Post by Lonely Girl Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:40 pm

Hi Ladies, girls and other females (lol)

I was thinking about a chat that I had on the chat room here regarding weight, our figures etc, and I thought, maybe we need our own little place for support and encouragement for those of us who are travelling this journey of trying to lose weight and deal with depression. Kind of like the weightloss support threads on TM, but just for us. Because we all know that sometimes trying to lose weight while working with depression can have its own set of challenges.

So here we can talk about our ups and downs. Skite about our progress. Talk about what works for us, what doesn't, and if there are things we have tried that have affected our illness - made it better or made it worse.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum Empty Re: Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

Post by Lonely Girl Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:48 pm

So anyway, I am trying to get back on track again after 6 weeks off - doing NOTHING, no walking, nothing, because of this stupid cough/flu thing that I had that sent my asthma awol and gave me damn sore ribs from coughing so much.

The last few days I have been back on track with my morning cup of hot water with lemon juice to start the day and then my bowl of special k advantage with peach slices.

I have booked in to go to my personal trainer on Thursday morning to get a new programe and start over.

Feels like I keep hitting road blocks. This time I want to smash through them and keep going.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:12 pm

Good stuff Lonely! and thanks for this thread I am sure it will get quite a bit of use.

I am struggling as you know and have gained more weight than I would like. I hate the idea of getting back in the gym because of my social anxiety. I keep meaning to get out at 6am and gor for a walk around the lake but so far I havent managed it even though I am up and about long before then lol. Maybe this week, my resolve isnt great atm though so we will see.

And I didnt get my bike serviced either which i meant to so maybe that can be something i do this week that is a small step lol.

Good luck to everyone who is having a few weiwght based issues atm. I am sure we can support and motivate ourselves in this issue as we are in some others!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:30 pm

Lonely this is a great idea!

My day started well, then someone brung in cake which was made from chocolate, cream, eggs and peanuts.. so there goes that.

But no doubt will be spending a bit of time in here Smile
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:32 am

Well for those of you who weren't in on the chat room discussion today, there is a website - www.sparkpeople.com which is about weight loss and health etc, Roswell has set up a group in there for those of us from here that want to join. the group is called TBBD.

I am still having a nosey around the site an figuring out how it works, but looks like some good stuff on there.
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:28 am

Hello to all ... thought id join in this thread, i have a few kilos that just appeared out of no where and i would like them gone! I was on the depo injection for 18months a huge huge huge mistake! Has anyone else made this same mistake? I took meds a few years ago for anxiety but stopped and now need them again.

I will pop in again and see u lovely ladies for some motivation!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:52 am

Hey Claire......lovely to see you here again.

Please feel free to join us on sparkpeople.com as well. Our group is called TBBD. I am finding the site useful and motivating.

I wish you well on your joourney and hope to see you again soon!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:20 am

Question: Do you get the Munchies at certain times of the month? How do you stop yourself from eating everything bad in sight?
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Southernbelle Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:48 am

omg yes I so do! lol i make sure i dont have anything in the house, except a packet of wine biscuits, plain and sweet and for me they take the edge off the cravings.
Southernbelle
Southernbelle

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:36 pm

I also get cravings at certain times of the month Lonely. Unfortunately mine are for alcohol and its a long hard road for me with that one. I like Belles suggestion of having nothing but a plain sweet biscuit around to snack on at that time. And maybe trying to distract yourself with some intense excersis for a short period if you can. Some of the strength excersises on sparkpeople are perfect for this. I did all of my strength work on thursday and yesterday took myself off for a quick intense walk so I am feeling quite pleased with myself.

Take Care everyone and stay strong

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:06 am

Im gonna jump on the weightloss wagon,had my 2nd child a week ago and never got my body back after having my first almost 21 months ago so here I am!!am going to weigh myself tonight,I dread to think of how much I weigh now!!ive gained i think 15-20kgs since getting together with my husband and that was a little over 3 years ago!!but i think 2 pregnancies is a good excuse!!! hope everyone is going well
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonely Girl Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:02 pm

hmmm, at least you have an excuse lifeshouldbegreat - I have put on about that amount of weight since I met my partner - just over 3 years ago - and we have NO babies. Good luck on your journey Smile
Lonely Girl
Lonely Girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:19 am

right I weighed myself today,96.7kgs!eeekk!good thing is its 2.3kgs less than my pre pregnancy weight!!just gotta keep it down!!
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:47 pm

I was proud of myself yesterday, healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner! Snacks were fruit Very Happy and I went for a 30min walk/jog. Lets see if I can keep it up for today Smile
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:02 pm

well done haley! I'm going to start healthy eating...again today and only drinking water. If i'm feeling brave enough i'll go for a walk too Razz I gained about 35kg after being put on quetipine a couple of years ago (sp) and now i've just come off that hopefully the weight will come off with a little effort! (hopefully)

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:57 am

how is everyone going?Im doing well being active,not so much excersize but housework and such as I wasnt able to do much more than sit on my butt for 6+months of my pregnancy,I knew I was doomed once I got crutches so hoping that the increased activity in my days will help me lose at least a little weight.not eating well,the food I eat is good but Im not eating enough which I should be as Im also breastfeeding,doing a big shop on Tuesday so will make sure I buy lots and lots of healthy snacky food for me,if its healthy then all good!!
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Im ok.. when I think im doing well I look at the scales and it tells me Im not doing well. I eat pretty damn healthy, I supose my downfall is lack of exercise, even though I exercise 2-3 times a week

I will be going to my dr this week though, so Im going to ask him about seeing a nutritionist, that might get things rolling Smile

PS Lifey, hows bubs?
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:33 am

good luck girls & good on you. I put on about 20kg many years ago when I first became depressed (apart from post natal depression) & couldn't shift it for a few years. When I started on cilazoprim, the weight fell off me over 6 months to the point I was skeletal. I had reached the stage that if I hit 55kg, I was going to go to the doctor for help. (my ideal weight is 60-65kg)I was almost there but the weight loss stopped but I looked like s**t, bones sticking out everywhere. I stopped the meds for a couple of years (no longer depressed) & got back to a healthy weight. I'm now & few kg (3-5) over weight but back on cilazoprim (depressed again) & losing my appetite.
My weight gain was due to depression & my weight loss was due to medication.
I admire you for making the effort to control this. I cant even get it together to go for a walk these days & just eat whatever easy thing I've cooked for the kids. Embarassed
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:36 am

yep a nutritionist may help although if your eating right then a nutritionist will only be able to tell you what you already know but may help keep you on track.My problem right now is Im eating really well,but I forget to eat!!oh well havent lost any weight but havent gained any either,to be honest I thought I might of lost a little,Im more active so am more than likely burning off the calories I consume and Im breastfeeding....grr Im a little annoyed but hey better than a gain I suppose EDIT!!!after posting this last night I realised I am wearing heavy jeans whereas last time I weighed myself I was wearing a light weight skirt,so put the skirt on re weighed myself,Ive lost 900grms!!!!!!!

Haley baby is good she is thankfully now heavier than her birth weight,it plummeted so had the midwife concerned.she is now on a new formula(i bottlefeed and breastfeed) and is quite unsettled,think it may be too hard on her wee tum but will keep going and see how she is at the end of the tiin,she is totally beautiful when I figure out how to put up a photo I will....oooorrr am I allowed to upload to TM and then post a link?
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:14 am

photo of trista http://images.trademe.co.nz/photoserver/27/80401527_full.jpg aint she just the most bootifulist thing you've ever seen(sorry she makes me revert to baby talk lol)
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by attica Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:15 am

Having that extra man around sure does add a few kilos doesn't it? We try portion control. When we put the food on the plate he has more because he burns more energy. I try to have half of what he does and eat slow! But he worries he is not being fair so I have to whip the plate away before he puts more on! That's home cooking anyway. I think home cooking is the best way to go as you know what you put in. Even if you eat too much it is usually good for you. Part of M illness is not eating enough nutrients so you kindof starve in the midst of plenty. Some of the depression I've had I haven't been able to organise a cup of tea letalone a meal, I used to go down to the supermarket because I knew I should eat and then just get apples because I couldn't manage anything more complex. It's lovely to have someone else cook for you or be able to cook for someone.
It's really tough if a lot of weight goes on with medication. Are those of you who have this issue having checkups for diabetes etc? Having support with that can help with weight loss. I know heaps of ppl with diabetes and have insulin resistance myself, even though my weight is average. I have to exercise and be careful what I eat and it's harder than if I was not insulin resistant because fatigue is part of the problem. It's so hot here today, I'm looking forward to an evening stroll. I like lazy exercise.
attica
attica

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:43 pm

I have a goal today.......well several but re the weightloss its is too get a lap of western springs under my belt before I come home today. This is not as easy as it may sound I am sure some of you know! I have issues with being out in public these days. Im the one sweating buckets under the red winter jacket lol.

I have also decided to stop thinking of my weight as my problem entirely........at the moment I am overweight but I am not FAT! I am simply wearing my pain and my medication! (I know that what Im putting in my mouth is at least as much a problem as the other 2 factors!) But for me who has enough guilt to deal with I am choosing to lay the blame on meds and pain!

So there fat! Your not wearing me Im just temporarily wearing you! And when I am better I will choose to dump you! (possibly easier said than done)

Take it easy on us guys! Drink your water and log into sparkpeople today if nothing else.

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:03 am

That's a helpful way of looking at it monsta, i'm off for my walk now...water bottle is coming too, it's so hot today! Very Happy

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by diggingdeep Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:08 am

Wow, awesome thread.
I have a baby due in December, so while I'm not on the weightloss wagon yet, this thread will be interesting and helpful reading.
Knowing my weight and my feeling of self worth are directly linked, its never far from my mind every single day. Now if I could just stop thinking about it, that would be half of my problems solved Embarassed
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:44 am

oooh digging deep you can have the 2nd BBD BABY!!i had the first one,I actually signed up on here the day my baby was due had her 2 days later,oooh we can talk babies!!!!!im on the weightloss wagon now coz I have lost my excuse for being fat
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next