The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a weight loss support person

5 posters

Go down

I need a weight loss support person Empty I need a weight loss support person

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:09 am

I am begging someone out there to become my daily"check in" person in my journey to losing weight. I need someone who can support me when I fail but also be a bit of a hard arse if I start whinging about it. Someone who I can tell my common pit falls and someone who may be online often during the day as this is when I need the most support,if anyone could help me please please please help
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

I need a weight loss support person Empty Re: I need a weight loss support person

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:24 am

hey lsbg...I'll be that if you like... I log in as I can during the day...at least once or twice or thrice...I just can't leave this site alone... how much do you need to loose, I should loose about 25kgs Embarassed so perhaps we could support one another!

Back to top Go down

I need a weight loss support person Empty ME TOO------Im a fat porky & LOATHE my body

Post by angiebabe Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:53 am

Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Sad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad Sad
Hi guys the faces above me are how I feel daily!!!!

I desperately need to lose weight---which will BOOST my self confidence and make me feel better about
my self-image Crying or Very sad

I will try & support you guys as much as I can-----if you too can give me a shake-up & tell me to get up of the couch, stop eating toast (comfort food), and do something more [positve]!!

OK??
Razz
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

I need a weight loss support person Empty Re: I need a weight loss support person

Post by Easily Amused Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:32 pm

I'll join in as well, as I need to get off my butt and off my lap top as I lie on my bed and do things , where as if I have to go to my main computer I see things I have to do around the house and don't lie around as much...I have real trouble going out and exercising as I suffer from acrophobia ...but really need to push myself and get out, oh and my husband is a great cook and spoils me and I need to stop eating all the bad food lol
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Ill join in too! Im here pretty much all day every day during the week lol. Im doing low carb and getting right into it and feeling great Very Happy even doing some exercise! I dont mind motivating ppl and helping them lose weight, eat better and exercise. Infact atm if I feel like eating something like cake or brownie I txt my mate and she talks me out of it Very Happy
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:35 pm

hey there lmh, what's your diet plans?

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:04 pm

I eat low carb as gluten products seem to make me bloated and feel horrible, so I think I may have some kinda gluten intolerence. Low carb is really easy, I lost 2.5kgs just cutting down on carbs and no exercise.

So a typical day my food would be 2 eggs and a chunk of cheese for breakfast, frittata or salad for lunch, and some form of meat and vege for dinner, or low carb pizza or something. For snacks I have cheese, umm.. not much else cos I dont really get hungry because of the high protein and fat. I try to eat heaps of veges too in my meals. I also have a sqaure of 85% dark lindt choc a day for my sweet cravings. Iv also just discovered low carb choc mousse - square of lindt melted in a wee bit of cream, whip with some marscapone and a lil bit of sweetner. Pop in the fridge or freezer for a bit and its so yummy! So yep its a easy diet, just cuts out bread, pasta, potato, rice, root veges, anything with flour etc. Its high in protein and fat, and it kinda mimics the caveman diet as they didnt have flour back in the day. I googled it and looked into it HEAPS before I started, and it doesnt work for some people, but definitly works for me. It is hard to change your thinking to fat is good though. Heres a link to the low carb support thread on trademe, these ladies are awesome http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=34427797&threadid=34427797

Ok so exercise. Just starting back into it, I have a stepper which is great for me because I can do it while watching tv. Like last night I got home and pulled it out and watched ready steady cook (hehe) and it was great cos I did it for 5mins then they pulled out the timer for 10mins so I knew how long I was going for. I am starting to do sit ups, me and mum are doing it, we do an extra 10 a day. Its hard work! Shes up to 100 and Im on 30. I also try do some push ups (girl ones atm) cos its good for my shoulder. I have a resistance band I use for my shoulder but I use it on both arms. I also do a bit of stretching too. The stepper really gets you going though, and its hard work.

Wow thats a novel! I also drink around 2.5 to 4L of water a day, I found I seem to be thirstier with low carb. I have a big 1.25L drink bottle on my desk at work and another one at home and I sip on it all day.
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:02 pm

first off...I think you girls are special for offering to support each other I love you

but I do have a comment to make about low carb eating...there is nothing wrong with natural carbs...as in the carbs which are present in root veges, grains and rice...the bad carbs are the ones found in processed foods...ie in flour.

I know that the 'authors' of low carb diets are full on anti any carbs...but they are overly zealous...our bodies need carbs to keep functioning correctly...trouble is that your stores of them deplete slowly so you dont even realise that you are lacking.

as for the idea that haley said about it being a 'caveman' style of eating...please remember this...cavemen ate rootveges and grains and rice...but everything they ate was UNPROCESSED...so as much as possible eat things whole...whole grain cereal, brown rice, unpeeled veges.

there are two reasons that people loose weight on a low carb diet...1/.with highly processed carbs, ie white flour, your body very easily removes what it needs then, because our bodies don't like wasting, the remainder is turned into sugarfat and stored...2/.processed foods are seriously lacking in fibre, they turn into a thick gloopy gunge as they leave the stomache and head south, this makes it hard for the body to work on the good stuff you also send that way, and for your body to even move it all along, end result is lethargy, bloating and bowels that are not to happy...try googling about what bodily symptoms are caused by a bowel that cant/isn't working as it should, it is an eyeopener.

I am not trying to be a smart arse or put you girls off...I am writing this oversized post because I care about you and I want the best chance for you all to reach your desired weight.
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 am

thanks brite,

what would you say is sensible for diet for someone say like myself, who needs to loose heaps..

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:47 am

well I am overwhelmed at the amount of support offered.Tomorrow I am starting afresh,I am going to get my eating and what I eat under control,I am sick of food controlling me.
First off I need to tell you all something about me,I am bulimic and an obsessive compulsive overeater. When I control the vomiting(ie not vomiting) I tend to obsessively eat,which I do when I go through my vomiting bouts but Im putting it all in and nothing is coming out and Im not excersizing so I am not working off the food and cals I have put inside me.
I am also addicted to white bread and peanut butter....it sounds silly but I can go through a loaf of white bread and a jar of peanut butter in a day,just eating slice after slice of peanut butter toast.I have finally admitted it to my husband and have asked for his help,we have agreed keeping white bread and peanut butter out of this house would be best,we will also be doing this if I start having problems with other types of food. I am an emotional eater,when I have a good day,I eat little but bad days I eat enough in that one day to feed 3 adults,so my goal is to track what I eat,when I eat and how Im feeling and figuring out strategies to avoid the emotional eating trap. I also have to be careful because I also use smoking to stop myself from eating,if I smoke to much I eat to refrain froom smoking and Im also wanting to give up smoking and Im stuck in this vicious cycle. I have a long road ahead and its going to be hard but I have to do it for myself and my family.I dont want my bad self image to be passed on to my children and I dont want my unhealthy behaviour to shorten my life as I want to be there for my husband and be there to love my girls and have them love me back,they deserve a mum who is happy and my husband deserves a wife who doesnt need constant reassurance.

Not feeling too great as I scoffed a whole pack of tim tams today...but tomorrow is another day
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm

maybe I should just eat myself to death... already halfway there!

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:48 pm

Thanks brite. Yea Im aware of those things and I agree. Hence why Im not completely strict on it. I do sometimes eat whole grains because they are good for you, but I just cut down on them A LOT. I also still eat fruit, even though according to low carbers fruit=sugar, fruit is good for you, and full of fibre. Atm low carb is working for me though, and Im eating lots of food I love and its easy to stick to, prob cos it is so flexible. But thanks for your post Brite, I know your not being a smart arse Smile
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

I need a weight loss support person Empty morning all

Post by angiebabe Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 pm

WELL today is day.1. for me..............................
Laughing I NEED to lose alot of weight but I know I cant manage it all fast which is silly!, BUT my goal is 7 - 10kg's before my holiday in June affraid AaaarrgghH.
So I'm back on Optifast BUT also giving my body a mild shock and starting my detox-body cleanse today as well pig , so thanks britelite for your comments-- they are true.
tongue
All the BEST girls.
Luv Ya
angiebabe
angiebabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 am

hi all....on track here for eating myself silly...opps no, I'm already there... eating myself to death...mmmmm

Back to top Go down

I need a weight loss support person Empty yeehaa

Post by angiebabe Sat May 02, 2009 12:46 pm

Have LOST 3kilo's Now and DONT want to find them either!, lol Evil or Very Mad
angiebabe
angiebabe

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Sat May 02, 2009 11:30 pm

Very Happy congratulations angiebabe!!!!!!!...deleting 3 kilo's is a fantastic start!!!!!

I wont say 'lost' because that almost seems to imply that you have misplaced those kilo's and will come across them one day...so I have decided that you have deleted it Razz

lifey...how are you getting on hun?...hope you are sticking to your new eating style I love you ...I hate the word diet it sounds a bit like a punishment

haley...thank you for getting that I wasn't being smart...how is your new eating style treating you?...still making your body feel good I hope. I love you

mylife...if it all seems a bit to much to tackle head on, try slow tweeking...use lite milk instead of the normal stuff...it is way healthier for you, less fats, more calcium and minerals...but dont go for trim milk that is just white water...yuck!!...if you have sugar in drinks cut it back by half a tsp...when that seems normal cut back again...spend an extra few minutes in the supermarket and read the nutritional guide on packets...pay attention to the fats, carbs and sodium levels...always read the 'per 100gm' column as then you can compare with others...some of the plainest foods have really bad ratings...if you always buy white bread...stop...any bread is better than white...although I would suggest you go for grain bread rather than wholemeal or wheatmeal as I find they aren't nice to eat, although you might like them...and...make sure you drink water everyday...at least 3 full glasses...if you are like a lot of people and cant really guzzle water back then load up a drink bottle and 'sip your day away' I love you
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 3:16 am

good for you angie..wish I could, but I tend to sway from not eating to eating too much...

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu May 07, 2009 3:03 am

Good on you ange for 'deleting' the weight, love thinking of it like that! And also hate the word 'diet' too.. I like to think of it as a way of life, something that doesnt end.

All is going well thanks brite, had a bit of a carb blowout on the weekend after moving house, I felt like I had swallowed a massive balloon I was so bloated! Im sure its something like an intolerance or something, but atm sticking to my salads, veges and meat. Battery has died on the scale, thought it would be good so I didnt obsess over my weight so much, instead its bad cos I think oh well I dont have to weigh myself tomorrow morning now. Will be replacing that soon!
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 07, 2009 3:41 am

Hey,

Below is a link to what is known as a green prescription. Basically you use it to get discount and access to activities, support and motivation etc. You talk to your GP or nurse about getting reffered.

http://www.sparc.org.nz/getting-active/green-prescription/overview

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2009 11:01 am

thanks ros, might just do that

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum