The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

+15
claire_bear1000
1teaspoon
jaxlino
_wizza_
angiebabe
diggingdeep
attica
beanie
Folly
lifeshouldbegreat
Southernbelle
claire_sky
lil_miss_haley
ZenMonsta
Lonely Girl
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

Post by diggingdeep Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:05 pm

Your two little people are beautiful lifeshouldbegreat, congrats!
I'm really looking forward to getting on the weightloss wagon, that is once I find some motivation etc. With a toddler and a newborn, plus an older child as well, I can see myself using every excuse under the sun for NOT eating like I should.

How do you keep your motivation up?
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:56 am

well I have slipped big time,choc,pizza,maccas,coke and sprite all in 2 days!!!!!back on the wagon on monday i think,i have printed fat photos to put on kitchen cupboards and fridge,going to ask my husband to put his boot up my butt and get me out walking and excersizing everyday,i also bought this really nice suit today(i love suits)the jacket fits and the skirt is quite tight so thats my motivation!!!plus I have spark people mail arriviing in my email inbox everyday so will use their excersize ideas too....oh and digging you mentioned you have a toddler,do they like the wiggles?if so get the wiggles dancing live in concert dvd and dance along,I do I work up a sweat,the hardest song is romp bomp a stomp!but its fun and gives me something to do with lily(21 months).also im going to start eating like lily,she has a very healthy diet as I didnt want her to suffer weight problems later in life so Im going to try eat like she eats(same foods minus white bread)
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by diggingdeep Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:48 pm

LOL I like the Wiggles idea!
My toddler is almost 14 months and has just discovered the Wiggles, so that could be a great idea for him for christmas.... and for Mummy once his baby sister has decided to make her appearance. alien

I'm terrible at just picking at whatever I feel like lately.
If its chocolate at 9am in the morning, then thats what I indulge in.... which is terrible but oh-so-good at the same time! 6 more weeks and I won't be able to use the 'Oh I'm pregnant' excuse for my eating habits.
Guess the bonus is, with breastfeeding once baby arrives, I HAVE to eat well and eat healthy or else I don't produce enough milk. So that might be enough to kick my butt into gear weight-wise.

Amazing how we feed our children so healthily and well, but forget about ourselves!
diggingdeep
diggingdeep

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:41 pm

the wiggles idea is great,plus its great one on one time with ya wee one and you copy their moves(you eventually learn them off by heart!) or if you have a double pram pop toddler and bubs in the pram and got for a walk when you feel like your going mad,if you have a park near by take the little man for a play.if you lived near by we could of been mummy weightloss buddies LOL,oh well we can share our excersize tips
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:54 am

Awww man,I shouldve expected a gain,I knew in my heart I had gained,but still almost cried,a 400 gram gain!Im gonna lose that this week!!
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum - Page 2 Empty OMG----lifeshouldbegreat

Post by angiebabe Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:03 am

affraid pale affraid
I am absolutley THE SAME WEIGHT as you!!!!!!!!!!1 Embarassed

I am only 20 days away from major surgery Shocked (a total abdominal hysterectomy Neutral ) and I NEED to loose weight NOW Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation .
I have started back on Optifast and I know this really works as I lost 11 kgs last year BUT the BLOODY Depression Sad has made me eat and eat and eat!
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:13 am

yep I know what you mean angie,when I get depressed I need sugar and carbs usually in the form of white bread,me and white bread are NOT friends and when Im depressed I eat excessive amounts which I shouldnt do as I am allergic to white bread plus it piles on the weight and makes me feel sick
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:26 am

I've found exercise hard lately cos I feel gulity taking up time to do it when I should be studying (like right now) But after thursday I have no excuse, so I'm going to try lose 5kgs by xmas.

So I've been 72.4kgs the past few days, at least if I post it here it seems more real. My dream weight is 57kgs, but my goal weight is 60kg. My goal weight for my 21st next year is 64kgs. My 21st party is on 20/03/09 so its definitly a realistic goal.

I know those don't seem like huge numbers, but I am only 20, with no kids, and do usually eat well. And Im only 5'2 (or 157cm). My problem is lack of motivation, and I seem to get into the mindset that I can't do it, and Im always going to be overweight. But time to really try me thinks!
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:47 am

that's a good goal to have haley. I hope I can lose about 5kg more by christmas too. It would be a small start anyway, i've lost 4kg so far and got about 25 to go!

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by attica Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:39 am

Hey don't feel so bad about lacking motivation. It's not that we don't have excuses for not exercising, but only we know what it is that is affecting motivation. For me I can't make myself do stuff because I go to bed or get up at the wrong time. Finding the right time is tricky but if I can, I manage to get momentum for the day. It's that pacing throughout the day and not getting exhausted that really helps me with managing weight and other issues. I don't recover well from too much exercise anymore, so it's hard to figure out what is the right amount. Usually I don't get too tired from doing non aerobic stuff. Don't beat yourselves up- it takes too much of your energy away
attica
attica

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:08 am

well the only excersize I did today was dancing around the lounge with Lily and holding trista calming her to sleep in my arms with britney spears playing lol.midwife has informed me that walking is pretty much all Im allowed to do for at least another 3 weeks!!so guess I have to really watch what Im putting in my mouth.Im feeling really f*cked off that Im not allowed to do more coz I have the motivation to do it and things like lunges and squats etc are things I can do when lily is awake and trista is sleeping but noooo Im not allowed to even do lunges!!
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:16 pm

gosh *feels left out*
weight has never been an issue for me-except trying to keep it on! i dont eat when im down in the dumps-and dont eat propley when im feeling good-have forced myself to eat brekkie lately!
anyway i shall be your litle cheerleader!
keep up the fab work ladies for health and family sakes
*grabs pom poms* Very Happy
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm

iv been losing a lil weight from last week yesterday i was 70.7kg woohoo! I been exercising heaps last week, and then saturday I dislocated my shoulder. But will be taking it easy and trying to do what I can. Im also trying to eat well, hard because I cant cut or anything since Iv done my right arm and Im right handed. But all I can do is keep trying!!
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeshouldbegreat Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:48 pm

3kg weight loss in 2 weeks!!!woohooooo!
haley what on earth did you do to your shoulder?
lifeshouldbegreat
lifeshouldbegreat

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:50 pm

Horse riding, horse went nuts and thru me off. It sucks cos Im feeling so down about my weight, and I want to do exercise, but I cant do much cos I cant really do anything with my arm, and moving around hurts it after a while, and I want it to get better.

Im sick of the weight Im at, Im sick of my big tummy. I feel discusting and unattractive. And that makes me feel more down. Im useless at diets, I just forget Im on one, then eat somthing bad, then give up.

Im obsessed with food, I love cooking and anything to do with food, I suppose you could call me a foodie. So hence Im always thinking about it.

And I also dont really have much motivation to exercise, even tho I want to. I did 40-50mins a few times on the treadmill the last fortnight, and still felt like I did nothing.
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Ladies Weight Loss Support Forum - Page 2 Empty not healthy

Post by jaxlino Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:12 am

Hi peoples I'm new in this group, and was needing help too, I've had 4 kids and just can't get the weight off, it's unbelievable.. I have a partner and I think he contributed to this too haha I have been depressed as well, and maybe that was another cause for me putting on weight , as everytime I feel down in the dumps, I grab whatever is available to eat, and I hate it coz I know it's gonna end up on my butt, or thighs, stomach, or where-ever.. i just want to be a size 12 to 14 again.. my youngest child is two, and my eldest is 14.. no wonder I'm still a whale haha.. how depressing!! any advice guys?? scratch

jaxlino

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:25 am

Hi ladies Smile

Im always soooo tired so i hardly ever get any exercise except for walking the dog! I own a treadmill but never use it! I suck. I think im one of those people who eats when they are bored so i guess i can be called a bored eater!

Ive also given up the booze and tried to stop smoking numerous times and have always put on weight at those times.

Hi jaxlino, being in a relationship is sure way to put on weight isnt it?

It is xmas and new years, holiday season, the temptation is just too great at the moment! Help for me too please?

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:49 am

bumping for us all cos weve all been a bunch of slackers (yeah I know Im projecting but it makes me feel less guilty lol)

a new year a new day and tme to get back on the bike ladies and gentleman!!!!!!!!!

woop woop

go team big black dog!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:39 am

Awww are only ladies allowed to lose weight this year?

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 am

you can be a honorary chickiebabe along wif rossy if you like Jeffers!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by 1teaspoon Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:50 am

oh man, what have i done?!? There is a new gym opening in chch at the start of next month and ive signed up for it!!! Hubby and i are going to go together so will be time out for us, but also good motivation to get some weight off for me and get fit again.
I weigh 69kg and by the end of the year i would like to be down to 55kg but want to be toned as well. Oh, im also 156cm's or 5ft 2 inches. My grandad always used to tell me i should complain to the council cos they built the footpath too close to my arse lol. I prefer... im not fat, im just too short for my weight.

Get this tho ladies, all their cardio equipment have tv's on them, with sky tv would you believe???
My worst times foodwise are around the time of aunt flo... i crave chocolate like a madwoman. Hubby and I are also smokers but were quitting on the first of february and the money we spent on smokes is paying for our gym costs.
1teaspoon
1teaspoon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://theinvisibleagony.forumotion.net/index.htm?sid=045d004fd4

Back to top Go down

Post by 1teaspoon Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:06 am

Aw man, i hope im not getting a reputation as a thread killer?

I am really enjoying the gym at the moment, they have been open a week today and we have been 5 days already. I find that after going, i feel really happy, not just that ive done it, but also with my mood levels. Maybe there is some truth to exercise being good for depression after all lol.
1teaspoon
1teaspoon

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://theinvisibleagony.forumotion.net/index.htm?sid=045d004fd4

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_bear1000 Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:50 am

I get the same feeling after doing aqua aerobics... I can go in feeling like crap but always come out feeling like a million bucks....and I also find if I don't go then I start noticing a drop in my mood......my weight loss so far is 18kg in 17 weeks.....I started at 103kg and am down to 85kg now....I gained alot of weight due to medication and went from 56kg to 103kg in a matter of months......my weight loss began as soon as the meds were stopped.....am dropping a kg a week now and hope to get back down to the 60's range.....
claire_bear1000
claire_bear1000

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:33 am

Lol im the same height as you 1tsp but 72.3kgs (weighing in today) but just started a lower carb diet and will see how that goes
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:00 am

wow claire that is an amazing weightloss you should be so proud of yourself. Coincedently, your starting weight and finishing weight are excactly the same as my 'goal'. Great to see it can be done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum