The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm in a really good place at the moment

Go down

I'm in a really good place at the moment Empty I'm in a really good place at the moment

Post by logical-cents Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:00 am

I don't know what it is, but these last few days I've been in really really good moods. Even today, first day back at work, go in and EVERYTHING is a mess, pallets sitting still full in the chiller and freezer, specials empty on the shelves and the stock out the back. Yet it did not bother me at all. The guy that was working today saw me coming in and told me I wouldn't be happy when I saw it, went along with him and he looked at me weirdly when I basically just brushed it off and told him not to worry I'd sort it (he asked if I'd been drinking, and no I hadn't lol). But seriously NOTHING has got me down these last few days. I'm a tad worried, but not really.

I've also come to realise, and have made myself a goal to achieve and that is to be more honest with myself about how I'm feeling, and listen more to what my body is telling me, which in turn means that I am also going to be more honest with my work mates and managers (mainly the managers though to start with)

Like a Star @ heaven
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

I'm in a really good place at the moment Empty Re: I'm in a really good place at the moment

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:13 am

Its always really great to hear when people are doing well. And don't think of it as a temporary high, because this is PROGRESS. That's the trap I got into recently when I had 3 good weeks and 1 bad one. But its still progress and really is a good sign for the future. Lap it up Smile Now the game is to identify the things that make us feel good and do what we can to make the good times longer and more frequent Wink

Back to top Go down

I'm in a really good place at the moment Empty Re: I'm in a really good place at the moment

Post by logical-cents Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

I'm just focusing on now. Will deal with the other side of it when it happens. At the moment I'm happy to be finally feeling genuinely happy and not that it's forced or a mask.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:09 am

Despite the amount of pain I am in, I am still feeling really good. Work hasn't been going too good this week, we are behind in our work, yet I'm not stressed about it which is unusual, just kinda been brushing it off. Was talking to the duty manager today about it and he goes 'oh hell, that's no good, I'll give you a hand if I can' (he was working liquor today coz liquor guy was sick), I told him not to worry too much, coz while it would be good to catch up there isn't really a lot we can do about being behind so why worry about it? He looked a tad shocked at first, don't think he was expecting something like that coming from me. lol
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:19 am

hi there lc

hope it lasts for you, it is nice when the mood is bright!!

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:21 am

Well I worked out this morning why I've been feeling a bit odd the last 4 days or so. Have forgotten to take my medication. Cept now today it made me feel sick taking the full dose at once after a break. Ah well, will get used to it again. Other than that still been feeling pretty good really.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:17 am

I'm struggling now. Have had very little sleep the last coupe of nights have been over-ruled by pain instead. I'm tired, I'm grumpy, I snapped at the 2 guys that work the other side of the shift in my dept, although by doing that with the new young guy around he got on working really well today without me having to say anything. I was short with the duty manager this afternoon. Told a couple of people I didn't care, have been attacked by wire. I'm stressed over driving again, and turned down the offer of a ride home tonight. And now I'm sitting here in complete tears and no idea what brought them on.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Just stand back and acknowledge that even when getting better, you will have your highs and lows. Don't panic. Just cry, get it out of your system, and take comfort that tomorrow is another day.

Tiredness is really good at making us upset. But after we have cried, and slept, we often feel much more refreshed to face the new day. Wishing you well LC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:29 am

Just take it as it comes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down