The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi, just came on to say 'Hullo' and hope this is the right place for me

3 posters

Go down

Hi, just came on to say 'Hullo' and hope this is the right place for me Empty Hi, just came on to say 'Hullo' and hope this is the right place for me

Post by jomatt Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:11 am

I too heard about this website through TradeMe. It is good to read these posts and see that I'm not the only one suffering. I actually don't like to say that word 'suffering' as it makes me feel like a Drama Queen and I'm not one. I just find things have been really getting on top of me lately and I just want to withdraw into myself. I am not coping with going out and 'being' with people but I can't afford to sink too low as I have responsibilities like a child and a full time job etc. I also don't like waffling on like this but can't figure out what has gone wrong. I used to be able to cope but these days nothing seems right. I have been on Citalopram for fair while and thought that should do it. But I am tearful and upset all the time. Just don't know what to do, I'm scared people are starting to notice and it's really hard as I have always been the 'happy' one. jocolor
jomatt
jomatt

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Hi, just came on to say 'Hullo' and hope this is the right place for me Empty Re: Hi, just came on to say 'Hullo' and hope this is the right place for me

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 am

Many if not most of us here can relate to what your and saying Jomatt. WElcome and we hope you will come and feel comfortable enough to share whatever you are feeling at any time. Thi Big Black Dog is where you will find people who know what you are going through and are in differeing stages of hope and despair and can help eachother just by being who we are. Please feel free to join any thread or the vhat box. There are NO cliques on here and everyone is welcome everywhere. I have even been known to venture into the mens room on occaision! lol

Cheers

Monsta
(somehow this originally ended up in the useful numbers section.......go figure lol)
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Hi, just came on to say 'Hullo' and hope this is the right place for me Empty Re: Hi, just came on to say 'Hullo' and hope this is the right place for me

Post by Paddy Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:18 am

Jomatt,
Good on you for recognising there are things you need help to work through, to get your days back where you can cope with them and all the demands placed on you.

Is it time to revisit your GP and see if the dosage of the Citalopram needs to be reviewed? At the least, you probably should let your GP know that its not quite doing it for you as well as it did. There's no shame in admitting that, the meds are there to help us. Just think of all the people who would be out of jobs if folk like us didn't take these pills, lol.

Waffle as much as you need to - thats why The Big Black Dog is here.

Take care and thanks again for choosing to join us here. I'm sorry you're not well, but its great that you're here.

Pat.
cat
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by jomatt Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:21 am

Hi Monsta,

Thanks for you warm welcome, this does feel good coming on here. And it's nice to not feel like 'I don't fit' which is how I am feel most of the time. Very Happy
jomatt
jomatt

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:24 am

if you feel up to it Jomatt jump in the chat box and have a vent with us. Its just me and Pat and Angel in there atm!
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by jomatt Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:24 am

Hi again Pat,

I will go and see the doctor. I live in fear that people will discover the 'real me' and I don't understand why I don't cope with things as well as I used too. I come from stock that would just say 'Get on with it and stop looking for sympathy' so it is a real fear for me. Onwards and upwards eh. bom
jomatt
jomatt

Back to top Go down

Post by jomatt Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

I can't get into the chat box it says I am disconnected?? Never a truer word spoken. confused brb
jomatt
jomatt

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 am

haha...i made that same comment early on when i came in here and couldnt get into chat! lmao
you have to keep trying to log in but just hit the button once.
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down