The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

seeking help for husband with depression

+3
lowdown
lil_miss_haley
seeking help
7 posters

Go down

seeking help for husband with depression Empty seeking help for husband with depression

Post by seeking help Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi there well where do I start my husband has stop taking his meds about three weeks ago, He said because he was much happier that he did not need them, I tried to tell him it was because the meds were working that he felt this way, But no he thought better since then he went down hill fast picking arguments with my son and myself never has anything nice to say, to the point now he will not talk or communicate with us he just hides away in his room whenever he is at home, I cant take much more of this and have found a house and my son and I are moving out, and now I'm questioning myself does he really hate me that much or is it the depression, at times its easy to put everything down to depression, we have just moved to a new town and I don't know anyone I can talk to about it and feel rather alone and sad

seeking help

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

seeking help for husband with depression Empty Re: seeking help for husband with depression

Post by lil_miss_haley Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:15 pm

Hugs hun!! Depression is hard to deal with, but its also hard to deal with those that have it.

I did the exact same thing as your husband this year. I stopped taking my meds because I was happier and thought I didnt need them. I got grumpy and down, and ended up in hospital after attempted suicide. It was the wake up I needed and now I know I need them. I don't know how to help you with your hubby, Im really stubbon at times and refuesed to listen to others and thats why Im glad I had the wake up call I needed without any bad concequences. But you obviously don't want him to go down the same path.

I don't know him, but he probably doesnt hate you and it is the depression. I find myself hiding away from everyone and everything when I was off the meds and before I was on them. Life can just seem too hard and we don't want to deal with anything or anyone. Has he tried councilling, or talking to his doctor?

Hugs hun, feel free to join us at the chat box on the bottom of the main page when you feel ready, it can be so good to get your feelings out.

Haley xxx
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

seeking help for husband with depression Empty Re: seeking help for husband with depression

Post by seeking help Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:19 pm

Thank you I will go have a look for that now, I love him no dought about that but I cant live like this I cant put my son threw this any longer and he wont except help or go to the doctor he blames every thing on me,

seeking help

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:39 am

I know that when I am depressed and its not under control I doubt my feelings for everyone and everything, including those closest to me. I have to remember its the illness thinking that not me.

I know that there is also a lot of pressure from society to come off the meds as soon as you feel okay, from people who don't know any better. Hopefully he can come to understand that its like any other long term illness that needs ongoing treatment. A close friend has gone through the same with her husband - she remarked when he went on the meds he was again the man she fell in love with, but unfortunately, he came off them as soon as he felt better and is now back into depression and won't seek further help.

Let's hope that its a wakeup call for your hubby that things are so bad that you've left and that he does seek help. You do have to look after yourself and your son (((hugs)))

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by seeking help Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:34 am

Thanks I just wish he would do it with me and get it under controll rather then later when we both move on with our lifes If he has to work this out and be happy with some one else I just wish that some one else was me

seeking help

Back to top Go down

Post by seeking help Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:38 am

I cant get into the chat room it just keeps comming up as I am dissconected
but would love to chat to any one if you read this

seeking help

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:40 am

Hi Seeking

sometimes chat has a melt down
make sure you only click on the log in once
otherwise you can try and log out of the site and log back in

good luck

were here for you hon!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by seeking help Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:46 am

Thanks im sitting here having a quiet cry to myself

seeking help

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:48 am

awwwwwwwwww honey

((((((((((((seeking))))))))))))
hope you can get into chat

but if you want to talk here we can
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:31 am

sh you have some new private messages..to access them just look at the top of the window and click on new messages
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Back to top Go down

seeking help for husband with depression Empty thank you

Post by seeking help Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:02 am

yes I got it thanks, well we have moved out my son and I and we are in our new place now, and of course just like I exspected hubby e.mailed me and offer to mow the lawns as I dont have a lawn mower yet and he has offered me the vacccume cleaner on his days off he will bring it around for me to use, then he was going on about how he was cleaning the house lol I thought to myself yep you know howto clean just not when im there lol but said nothing of the sort, I dont know why they act (men) the way we want them to when we are not together they always seem to get their act right when we leve them, I hope every one had a good new years and I mean lets all have a good new year this year you and your familys

seeking help

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:16 pm

(((hugs))) seeking.
maybe now hubby has got a fright, you could email him a short letter telling him thisdepression affected you & your son & how he is so much better on meds, maybe even direct him here.
Hope you stay here as everyone is very supportive & it can't be easy for you. cheers
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seeking help Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Thank you it is hard

seeking help

Back to top Go down

Post by Southernbelle Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:01 pm

Seeking,

It is tough because often we dont realise how bad we are getting or what is effecting us. As was mentioned earlier this maybe the fright that your husband needs. Be strong and dont ever think that you dont have anybody. We are here for you. I admire your courage to join us and talk about it. Thats a big step for you too.

Take Care Hun.

Talk soon

Belle xx
Southernbelle
Southernbelle

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by kidsandme Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:12 pm

HI Jules,
hope you do okay today.
just thought i'd let you know i'm thinking of you as many of us are.
take care and talk soon,
Tracy I love you
kidsandme
kidsandme

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by seeking help Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:27 pm

Hello all hope to catch up soon miss yous

seeking help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down