The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upping meds?

2 posters

Go down

Upping meds? Empty Upping meds?

Post by claire_sky Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:50 am

Hi, how do you handle it when its time to up meds?

Life has been ok lately just cruising nothing really to complain about but then just as i was feeling quite content with life everything came to a screetching halt!

I have thrown major hissy fits, mood swings and have become brutally honest where I am hurting people and just not caring.

Ive become really good at telling people im ok when im not and not even caring that im lying (It used to be bother me)! It is time to see my GP again and im afraid he will up my meds.

I know i have anxiety issues and thats why i dont want to increase my meds but im actually afraid of it now even though i know it will help me? Gosh this is a weird new fear i have developed.

Anyone else feel that once they are on AD that should be it and now the thought of increasing my meds just scares me and pisses me off?

My mind is a strange thing.

Anyhow hello to all! Hope everything is going well or as well as can be with you all!

All the best
claire

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Upping meds? Empty Re: Upping meds?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:57 am

Hi there Claire

I hope you are doing ok today. Please look after yourself and don't be to hard on yourself over this.

No I have never had my meds 'upped' but hey if it is the bes think for you then try and roll with it if you can.

Thinking of you blossem!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:38 am

I have had my meds upped often and have only recently had my anti-anxiety meds upped. Might also be going on yet another new med soon, I swear I will rattle soon.

I have come to accept that an increase in meds and new meds are just part of the course.

Just be aware it will take take 2-3 weeks for the increase in meds to take effect.

All the best

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_miss_haley Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:46 am

Hey claire, I had my meds upped once when I just wasn't coping. When I felt I was able to handle things again I slowly dropped them again. It was fine and easy and really helped Smile

Lots of hugs, Haley xx
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:09 am

Sometimes our bodies get used to the meds we are on and they are no longer as effective as they once were. It is often a good idea to either increase the dose, or change to other, similar meds. See what the doc has to say and then do some pondering on it. You have every right to make an informed choice into your own care. Do some research on the meds you are being advised to take, talk to people with knowledge and then hopefully you will feel comfortable about your treatment and what you are taking. Being anxious about your medication seems to me to be a bit counterproductive and it is one thing you ARE in control of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down