The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So did we all survive yesterday?

4 posters

Go down

So did we all survive yesterday? Empty So did we all survive yesterday?

Post by beanie Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:44 pm

I ended up doing lunch with my ex, his partner & all his extended family. A tad stressful but not as bad as I thought. My son still wont talk to me (he's living with his father now.) but I enjoyed catching up with my sisters in laws. Went to a friends for dinner & we watched Mama Mia, the singalong version & we stood up & belted out every song, much to the kids disgust. (We are available for parties & weddings, cause, god, we were gorgeous!!) santa rendeer santa rendeer )
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

So did we all survive yesterday? Empty Re: So did we all survive yesterday?

Post by jomatt Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:59 pm

santa Hi Beanie,

Merry Christmas to you. cheers I am so pleased to say that yes I did survive Christmas yesterday. I often find it stressful when the whole family get together, and I feel inadequate and not organised and 'onto it' as my siblings but yesterday it was okay. Nothing too stressful, my sister got a bit bossy but I managed to rise above it and behave like a grown up (I did pull a few faces at her - because I am so mature).

So I am trying to say that yes I did cope yesterday thank you, had a happy day with my family and probably felt good knowing that I could run in here to my TBBD family if things weren't good.

Have a happy day Beanie. cheers
jomatt
jomatt

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:06 am

Yes I survived xmas day and the wearing of a silly santa hat. After a few bourbons the hat became a non issue.

My flatmate this morning asked how my head was as if she was expecting me to have a hangover for some reason but I was perfectly fine.

Thankgoodnes xmas is now another 365 days away!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 am

I usually get pretty depressed over Christmas that everyone else is having fun and happy and I'm not, but I didn't get that this year. Mine was pretty good Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Hey! thats cute Beanie....
got a photo?
What age is your Son?

ps,
I survived!lol
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Number of posts : 940
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:56 pm

Jomatt,

" I could run in here to my TBBD family if things weren't good"
I love your Honesty.
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:25 am

My son is 13 gm & was being horrendous, viscious & nasty to me & his sister. When his father heard from my daughter about how miserable she was, & scared cause he was always threatening to kill her, & how worried about me she was cause I was back on medication & just slept all the time, he rang me & told me to pack his bag, there was no way my son was coming back here. It was such a relief, even though he's my baby & I love him dearly. He's 10cm taller than me & I was getting scared he was going to beat the crap out of me one day.
beanie
beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:28 am

There may be photographic evidence of the abba fest, I'm sure the kids would have sneaked a few for later blackmailing purposes.
My friends son cracked me up, halfway through the second song, he turned to my daughter & said, "I guess you'll be staying the night then."
beanie
beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:40 am

thats no good beanie
no good at all.
It must be horrible a Son outgrowing its Mothers height!
I suppose,if you act out of love
this would see you right
into the future with your Son!
I would never suggest control as a means to steer a Youth thro adolescence
just support Him in all He does.
Its His Karma if He stuffs-up,just like it s for us adults.
Look after number One First!
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by jomatt Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:57 am

rendeer

Hi Greasemonkey,

I hope you have a happy festive season and best wishes to all in our
TBBD family

santa
jomatt
jomatt

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:03 am

Very Happy hi Beanie...first off I want to acknowledge your ex and the way he has moved to help yourself and your daughter...I know he is really only doing what any father should do in a case like this...but the sad truth is many ex's wouldn't raise a finger to help...so a massive 'HURRAY!' to your ex.

Teenagers can seem to be hell bent on causing mayhem to the ones nearest to them...the joys of hormones and trying to get their heads around the fact that they are entering the 'adult' world.

A strong male role model in the house is needed by a lot of boys at this time or they end up trying to rule the roost...trouble is that they are incapable of this...I feel that the reason your son still isn't talking to you is because you have move him from a home where he felt he was lord and master...(even if just subconsiously)...to a home where there is an alpha male who is stronger than he is...yes I know this sounds like a lesson from animal planet, but remember we are, after all, a higher species of animal.

In time your son will move past the teenage years and then I am sure that you and he will have a very solid relationship and he will come to understand why he is now at his Dads and he will thank the two of you for caring enough to deal with his behaviour.

For now you need to look after YOU!!!
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by greasemonkey Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:14 pm

jomatt wrote:rendeer

Hi Greasemonkey,

I hope you have a happy festive season and best wishes to all in our
TBBD family

santa

Today was My best day!
I took painkillers last night
and today being free of suffering,
I ran freely buying my Wife a new letterbox
with Money we didnt have.LOLolol

Also Her oldest friend
came for Lunch from Yellowknife,Canada
with Her Gay Partner,they both adorned in Diamonds.
They come yearly,and each time its Timeless.
Its like they go out the back door and come back in the front door,
and time dissappears!
Dont have that with other ppls I know.
Also,other ppls dont have diamonds.

you have a big set of Knockers Jomatt.
lol
greasemonkey
greasemonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:11 am

britelite wrote:Very Happy I feel that the reason your son still isn't talking to you is because you have move him from a home where he felt he was lord and master...(even if just subconsiously)...to a home where there is an alpha male who is stronger than he is...yes I know this sounds like a lesson from animal planet, but remember we are, after all, a higher species of animal.
That makes soooo much sense BL Thanks for that.

A lot of my sons' problems were that his dad had nothing to do with him for about past 4 years, didn't even pay child support for past 2 years (I've got my revenge cause he's got the child with the food bill of the UN aid programmes, whilst I get the teenage daughter who doesn't eat much, lol)

Dad told me he realised what a mess he'd made of things & that he had straightened his life out & desperately wanted another chance with his kids. This was 3 weeks ago, on the second time he'd seen his kids this year. I've taken that at face value & we've agreed the past is the past & we have to move on & work together for our kids sake. I'm willing to chance it.
So now (well for the past 3 weeks), we've been civil to each other & talked on the phone every few days & I'm so happy for my kids that they'll have their father again as they both missed him terribly. My daughter left on boxing day to stay with him till the 31st as her brother has gone away with friends till them.

Hopefully, it will all end well.
beanie
beanie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down