The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its me... trying to survive, the only one in the family with MH issues...

2 posters

Go down

Its me... trying to survive, the only one in the family with MH issues... Empty Its me... trying to survive, the only one in the family with MH issues...

Post by uniqulyme Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:23 am

Hi all, Im new to this site, I normally use a US site, but thought it might be cool to chat to fellow Kiwis.

My mental health issues have been around since I was young. major mood disorders, odd thinking, mania etc.
After gettting raped and then working the night life for a short time I totally went off the rails. so much supressed anger and mixed mood swings accompanied by very bad addictions to almost everything ,...... at the age of 30 it was at its worst.
I would loose days where I cant recall anything, others would tell me of my crazy escapades, I do remember the psych team coming to take me to lock up ... LOL...... i lied through my teeth just so they would leave me alone.

Anyway... 9 years later and Im clean and sober, still battling depression and mixed thoughts and OCD... but life has got better, it always does. ... if you work at it. ITs not easy, but its worth it.. Im now married with kids and I even hold down a job...... just

I may over time share more .... but for now, I just wanted to say HI.
uniqulyme
uniqulyme

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Its me... trying to survive, the only one in the family with MH issues... Empty Re: Its me... trying to survive, the only one in the family with MH issues...

Post by zin Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:06 am

Hi dear, and welcome to the forum. Well done for being clean and sober, wish I could give you a gold star for that dear. Many hugs, Zin
zin
zin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down