The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the booze for 2 years this week!!

5 posters

Go down

Off the booze for 2 years this week!! Empty Off the booze for 2 years this week!!

Post by justin Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am

Me again! I decided to give up drinking a couple of years ago and haven't touched a drop since. I found with my drugs (450mg of Venlafaxine per day at the time), I was getting bad memory loss, aggressive at times, 2 day hangovers with another 5-10 days feeling severely depressed...

When I looked at the benefits of getting on the piss and having a great night with my mates vs all of the above...I finally saw the light. Subsequently, my mood has improved (althouh this will also have a lot to do with a combination of factors), I enjoy time with my family a whole lot more, I can still have a good time at social gatherings (MOST of the time Razz ) I'm the sober driver for my mates and I love it - I don't mind getting up with the kids on the weekend and I save heaps of money...well, I would if I could give up my lolly addiction...

I never drunk to get over/through depression - but it certainly played a big part in my mood. I love being a non drinker about 75% of the time - but boy do I miss having a beer after a hot day mowing lawns!

Have a great night everyone - thanks for making me feel so welcome to the site.

justin

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2011-02-09

Back to top Go down

Off the booze for 2 years this week!! Empty Re: Off the booze for 2 years this week!!

Post by Maisie Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:23 am

You are a mover and a shaker Justin! That is a really big achievement. Well done you! It sounds like you have really turned your life around in so many ways.

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Off the booze for 2 years this week!! Empty Re: Off the booze for 2 years this week!!

Post by IBMAREE Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:31 am

Hey Justin you are awesome. What a fantastic role model you are.
IBMAREE
IBMAREE

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:54 pm

Justin you are a hero, as is anyone who can give an addiction the flick.

Well done you and may your two great years become twenty two, without you hardly noticing it.

Strength and honour my friend, strength and honour.

Martinexx

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:58 pm

You are a legend Justin, seems to be an enormous stride you have taken in a positive direction. I'm sure your family is appreciating the changes in you as well. You could do a heck of a lot worse than developing a lolly addiction. At present mine is icecream but that may well go back to chocolate at any time.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:34 am

Oh bluebird since the antid's the lolly addiction is huge and I need to thinik up how I can get addicted to water instead of lollies.

I am getting huger and huger as we speak (well, write).

Any ideas????

Love to you
Martinexx

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:44 am

No, I have the opposite problem. I eat full cream everything including hot chocolate smoothered in cream. I eat chocolate and lollies and lots of icecream and am still losing weight. I have also recently purchased a deep fryer off TM and have been pigging out on deep fried everything but the weight is still coming off as we speak.

I blame that Murphy. His law sabotages everything.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down