The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct

Go down

Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct Empty Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:57 am

www.mentalhealth.org.nz

Mental health awarness day is the 10th.

There are events all over New Zealand so keep an eye out in your local papers.

Back to top Go down

Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct Empty Re: Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 am

thanks roswell

Smile

Back to top Go down

Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct Empty Re: Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:31 am

You have come a very long way just recently ML. You have gone from support only here to two counsellors, your doc, some friends and even your niece. It's great that you are able to open up to so many people, no doubt you will find out what else is out there. Looking forward to your feedback on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:44 am

hmm thanks bluebird (judy) Mental Health Awarness Week 5 - 11 Oct Icon_redface

don't think I deserve the 'praise' though - alot of people go through what i have and pulled through ok.

I have been to the psychologist today (the procare one) and we were discussing how I am going to start to think that the world is not a totally bad place...because really I have grown up believing it is so.

The reality is that it isn't bad. ... difficult for me to accept. I guess I have openend up. I am still cautious about telling people that I know but I am starting to realise that there are people who care and not everyone will turn away. I have also accepted this to be a disease. Maybe I already had my own idea's on depression before I accepted it and sought help - and I might have thought in my subconcious that everyone would think the same.

More fool me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down