The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dunno if it's worth ringing the Crisis team

5 posters

Go down

Dunno if it's worth ringing the Crisis team Empty Dunno if it's worth ringing the Crisis team

Post by logical-cents Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:53 am

or not. Thoughts are starting to get to the point where I want to act on them. Flatmate isn't at home at the moment and doesn't seem to understand this time, all he asked me yesterday was 'well what do you want me to do?' and told me to come out of my room and not hide away. But then I don't think the crisis team can do anything if I rang anyway.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Dunno if it's worth ringing the Crisis team Empty Re: Dunno if it's worth ringing the Crisis team

Post by logical-cents Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:00 am

Then again depends if they take calls from cell phones as well
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Dunno if it's worth ringing the Crisis team Empty Re: Dunno if it's worth ringing the Crisis team

Post by zin Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:33 am

Would it pay to ring them anyway? It might be better to ring them sooner rather than later, if you know what I mean. They are there to look after us Smile
zin
zin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:40 am

Ringing through now
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:51 am

All they did was tell me to go for another walk (been for 2 today)
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by zin Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 am

oh dear Sad
zin
zin

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:24 am

My experience with crisis teams has been pretty shit.

LC if you are at risk my advice to you would be to go down to A&E and see someone down there. If you present down there they have to get a member of the crisis team to come out and see you face to face; just be prepared for a bit of a wait but atleast you know you will be safe.

The other option is to call the local cops and go on suicide watch at the station. They also have to get a member of the crisis team out to asscess you but in the mean time you are held in a cell for your own safety.

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:37 am

Thanks Ros, will keep those in mind. Flatmate due home in bout 30-40mins so not too much longer to get through.

I also don't think much of the crisis team phone, rung 3 separate times, each time I was told to go for a walk for half an hour. Might try cops next time.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by oodlesauck Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Hope you got the support that you needed. Sadly in the past I have had similar experiences from the crisis teams.

oodlesauck

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm

Not trying to be rude or anything. but what can they do really?
I have not ever needed them, but it would be good to understand what they are there for.??

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Ha are you under the act if you are remind them of that they get there ass out to you pretty fast. have you got a key worker you can try. hugz hold in there
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:55 am

Hey,

The crisis team is there for a consumer who is unwell and is at risk of herming themselves i.e. self harm or suicide.

They can talk to you for a period of time, access what has made you unwell and suggest things to do to help. They can in serve cases come out and meet you face to face. In thory any contact with the crisis team (includes calls) is recorded and passed onto the community mental health team to follow up with.

They also work with other agencies such as the police and hospitals and access people that have been picked up or walked in. They can then suggest if needed you go into hospital, access meds or make refferals to community mental health.

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:59 am

I'm ready to give in. Even the guy I contact until I get my new nurse didn't seem too worried, he told me I was doing a great job and to keep walking. He said he would type up my notes and make sure crisis team had a copy of them in case I rang them again. All these people assume that the walking is help, it doesn't all the time, it hasn't today. I've had enough.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:10 am

Thanks Ros

LC - perhaps there is another activity you could use to distract yourself... how about taking heaps of photos of your kittens? You could make calendars or gift tags/cards with the photos?

Back to top Go down

Post by DocLazy Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:41 am

Watching a movie is a good distraction.

DocLazy

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down