The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Depression Thread.

+16
Fluffy_Ducks
MusicOnMyMind
earthangel4
cg's mom
Dolphingurl1977
KAHU'SFREE
kathchris
mistameenah
Books4NZ
honeyb31
max17
Paddy
*~*Beej*~*
reetpetite
logical-cents
brucie261
20 posters

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

The New Depression Thread. - Page 12 Empty Re: The New Depression Thread.

Post by *~*Beej*~* Tue May 15, 2012 8:07 am

Hi guys, sorry for some reason I couldn't get back in once I had posted that previous post.

Music is there anything I can do for you?
I am here on the computer tonight if you want to talk?
I dont know if thats a help but have got it working AGAIN!! so am here for you.

sending you hugs and choccie (cos choccie rocks)

*~*Beej*~*

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Beej: Just read your post, and admit it made me smile. Isn't it curious how strangers, through shared experience, can be so compassionate? if it wasn't for how awful the depression is, it'd kinda be worth it.

And hell yes, choccie rocks! I admit, I am a lindor whore. Those little chocolate balls with the velvety (or gooey) centres just... The New Depression Thread. - Page 12 56468 so, so good. Shame they're so expensive, but worth it IMHO. heh... and hugs back flower

Now just waiting on DH to turn up. he's taking me out for brekkie before court... and then I guess it's either celebration or consolation! I'm hoping the former.. and that DH gets to take me home today. My gut unfortunately tells me otherwise. Bah, stop brain... deep breaths... first things first!
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 16, 2012 12:11 am

[quote="MusicOnMyMind"]Beej: Just read your post, and admit it made me smile. Isn't it curious how strangers, through shared experience, can be so compassionate? if it wasn't for how awful the depression is, it'd kinda be worth it.

And hell yes, choccie rocks! I admit, I am a lindor whore. Those little chocolate balls with the velvety (or gooey) centres just... The New Depression Thread. - Page 12 56468 so, so good. Shame they're so expensive, but worth it IMHO. heh... and hugs back flower

Now just waiting on DH to turn up. he's taking me out for brekkie before court... and then I guess it's either celebration or consolation! I'm hoping the former.. and that DH gets to take me home today. My gut unfortunately tells me otherwise. Bah, stop brain... deep breaths... first things first![/quot

Hey ya

I think its really cool too that we have the internet and CAN meet people that are like minded or have shared the same experiences, thats how I met my best friend, she too has depression, fibro and 2 children who are the same age as mine and same characteristics (i'm very lucky) only bugger is that she lives in the North Island and me in Nelson.

I am wishing you loads of luck for today and sending thru some lindor choccies.

will be popping in thru the day to be here if you need me. The New Depression Thread. - Page 12 48687

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri May 18, 2012 3:01 am

*sigh* I've got till Monday to get the power bill paid and we currently don't have money in the account to pay it and I can't ring the company and tell them I can pay it on Wednesday coz it's not in my name and I can't tell D about it coz I've already mucked up and the SKY payment hadn't gone through so he got really annoyed at me about that. I hate dealing with money sometimes.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Fri May 18, 2012 10:08 am

logical-cents wrote:*sigh* I've got till Monday to get the power bill paid and we currently don't have money in the account to pay it and I can't ring the company and tell them I can pay it on Wednesday coz it's not in my name and I can't tell D about it coz I've already mucked up and the SKY payment hadn't gone through so he got really annoyed at me about that. I hate dealing with money sometimes.

well sweetie,

I've been there and done that, it aint nice is it?
was it a disconnection notice you got or a reminder?

is D always telling you off?
how do you cope with that?

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sun May 20, 2012 12:09 am

*~*Beej*~* wrote:
logical-cents wrote:*sigh* I've got till Monday to get the power bill paid and we currently don't have money in the account to pay it and I can't ring the company and tell them I can pay it on Wednesday coz it's not in my name and I can't tell D about it coz I've already mucked up and the SKY payment hadn't gone through so he got really annoyed at me about that. I hate dealing with money sometimes.

well sweetie,

Disconnection notice. Surely though they won't actually disconnect it on Monday itself as that's the day to pay.

No D isn't always telling me off, sometimes I just feel like that and since I find it hard to always read people correctly it often means that I think he's pissed off with me when he's not, which then leads me to getting upset and can turn into an argument.

Trying to do two of my assessment tasks for course and am not getting anywhere with them.

Take care all.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sun May 20, 2012 5:52 am

logical-cents wrote:
*~*Beej*~* wrote:

well sweetie,

Disconnection notice. Surely though they won't actually disconnect it on Monday itself as that's the day to pay.

No D isn't always telling me off, sometimes I just feel like that and since I find it hard to always read people correctly it often means that I think he's pissed off with me when he's not, which then leads me to getting upset and can turn into an argument.

Trying to do two of my assessment tasks for course and am not getting anywhere with them.

Take care all.

a disconnection notice is nothing to stress about matey, dont let it get you down ok?
we get them all the time, well used to (we just didn't have enough money to go around) and they understood we normally got it paid on the day they were threatening disconnection , only bugger is that they charge you for sending out that letter.

good luck with your assessments.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sun May 20, 2012 7:10 am

LC,

I suggest that as soon as you can, your get your GP or a Psychiatrist to write a DO NOT DISCONNECT, ON HEALTH GROUNDS' letter to your Power Supplier. It doesn't remove the obligation to pay the account but gives vital extra time and relieves the stress somewhat.

Similar letters can be sent by them also to your Telephone and Internet Providers because the Internet etc is a vital part of your wellness plan.

It happens, hon.

I had me 'phone and broadband disconnected earlier this year - I hadn't opened a Telecom account envelope in months, but just paid what I thought was about right, when I could. Hmmm, got that one wrong too. Finally WINZ got me sorted (Bless 'em again) and pay Telecom directly from my Benefit before I get my grubby hands on it. Wish I didn't have to rely on help like that but but I do and its really appreciated.

Please get those Letters if you can LC - and take gentle care of you, eh? Goodo. flower

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sun May 20, 2012 7:20 am

Paddy wrote:LC,

I suggest that as soon as you can, your get your GP or a Psychiatrist to write a DO NOT DISCONNECT, ON HEALTH GROUNDS' letter to your Power Supplier. It doesn't remove the obligation to pay the account but gives vital extra time and relieves the stress somewhat.

Similar letters can be sent by them also to your Telephone and Internet Providers because the Internet etc is a vital part of your wellness plan.

It happens, hon.

I had me 'phone and broadband disconnected earlier this year - I hadn't opened a Telecom account envelope in months, but just paid what I thought was about right, when I could. Hmmm, got that one wrong too. Finally WINZ got me sorted (Bless 'em again) and pay Telecom directly from my Benefit before I get my grubby hands on it. Wish I didn't have to rely on help like that but but I do and its really appreciated.

Please get those Letters if you can LC - and take gentle care of you, eh? Goodo. flower

Paddy.

Paddy thats awesome I didn't know that you could do that!!
golly that would have saved my health majorly so much less stress would have hit me.
now that the hubby is working part-time tho we can meet commitments again, (its so nice to have ENOUGH money to go around) theres not enough to be left over BUT we can eat and we CAN meet the bills so we are lucky, and this winter we are warm too, so we are exceedingly lucky. alien

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Tue May 22, 2012 4:12 am

Well I guess the good news is that at the moment we still have power, will pay the bill tomorrow. Thank's for that information Paddy, will take a look into it.

Have a Dr's appt on Thursday, WINZ appt on Friday, have a guy coming to fix some carpet on Thursday, have a house inspection on Friday, have a Saturday session for our course on Saturday. It is also my sister's 20th birthday on Saturday, and on Monday at 4pm my 2 years trespass for New World expires. Not that it matters now anyway coz don't live anywhere near there now. It will also mean 2 years that I've been out of work.

Think may need to go back on some sort of meds for a short time, been really moody and teary for 2-3 weeks, and now these last couple of days my mind has been racing and I don't feel like sitting still much without fidgeting. On an other note, am starting to feel a bit better, except for a cough, gunky throat and a small amount of pain. But it's all manageable at present.

Take care all.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sun May 27, 2012 8:29 am

How are You Lot doing, eh?

Feeling not too bad, I hope.

Me? Well, Bless You for asking 'cos I tried to have a whinge on TM last week and got not even a soggy second hand tissue offered to me.

I decided to get over myself, just to teach them that I don't care that they don't care, so there. I didn't need their pity, I found an ample supply all of my own, pfffft.

Doing much gooda today, thanks. I've been a hell of a lot of pain from ye ole spinal cord injuries. I slowed down to a forward speed where I reckon (in retrospect) that if I'd turned around, I coulda progressed much faster, in Reverse. Stuff, real simple easy stuff, is exhausting. Being exhausted is fairly tiring in and of itself, lol.

When I'm Boss Of The World, no supermarket will be allowed to have a 'bottom shelf' cos its really hard to bend down and get products from a bottom shelf. For little old men and little old ladies, I'm considering adding ditching the top shelf, to my Manifesto, as well. Ya know, keep the little man on the street happy with my benevolent dictatorship. All shop shelves will be Medium Height only. Hows that sound?

Take Care, You Lot and keep in touch, eh?

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sun May 27, 2012 10:08 am

I have to say Paddy that even when life's pretty rough on you, the way you write never fails to make me smile (at the least), if not snort.

The Great Fatigue has set in here, and thanks to some freshly washed PJ's I intend to succumb fully. I do not have to do Squat, therefore I shall not. Bollox to those who believe I should conform to standards such as standard of dress, hair tidiness etc... I did my great exhibition today (complete with matching accessories) - that's your lot for the month.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Mon May 28, 2012 3:04 am

Hey Paddy & Music

how are you both, so sorry haven't been around.
gosh Paddy I do take my hat off to you for being able to make light of the pain that you must be living with daily, it makes me feel that I want to try harder to be stronger and to overcome what I'm surviving with more. grace and humour.

Music, you should see how I dress, golly they wouldn't have let me out of the hospital with the way I dress, even on my best dressed days my sense of dress is shocking.

I wear skirts, tshirts and socks and sneakers. I dress (now) solely for comfort and really just dont give a toss how I look, as long as my clothes are clean and I'm comfortable and warm I just dont care, and add to that my hair style, (which is not a style) its growing back from a number 4 shave. So I'm sure you couldn't look any worse than I do, AND on top of that all my clothes are 2nd hand and not colour co-ordinated I just dont understand why people should have to conform to one style of work.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon May 28, 2012 3:38 am

Fed up at the moment.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

*hugs* logical.

Beej: I find it my "war paint" - sometimes I armour myself with makeup and crap so nobody looks beneath. Has a tendency to work for those who don't know/care.

PJ's are about my favourite thing in the world right now though.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon May 28, 2012 7:12 am

LC - and others - if you'd like to talk, I'll make sure I'm at or close to logging In to the Chat Room at 8pm.

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Mon May 28, 2012 8:29 am

logical-cents wrote:Fed up at the moment.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

here for you LC,
dont have a clue how to log in to the chat room but if you want me I will The New Depression Thread. - Page 12 787356

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Mon May 28, 2012 8:36 am

Hey there Music.

I too love my pajamas, altho I have to force myself to get out of them daily, or I just wouldn't get anything done, (not that I get much done anyhoo)

I dont have war paint, used to (many moons ago & loved it) BUT the son (when he was a baby/toddler) "painted the bathroom with i, could never afford to replace it.

somedays I just wish I had some and then when I do use it I find that my boys make "issues" about it so I dont wear it now.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon May 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Thanks for that Paddy, would of came into chat room, but we were in Hamilton and would have been half way through martial arts.

Thanks beej and music.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 am

your more than welcome matey,

hope your feeling happier/better today?

how are your cats?

I'm wanting to get a 2nd cat but cant as I'm not too sure where our future lies at the moment and altho I already have Georgie boy, having one extra to worry about (until our future is secure) is not a good idea. BUT in saying that I keep "popping' into the SPCA and they have all these half grown kittens in there and I'd just love to take one home (or one of the older cats - I'm really NOT fussy).

some days I just HATE being responsible.

altho I am supposed to be getting Elma & Fudd this weekend, (2 baby budgies) so that should help, budgies can go with you anywhere, so thats good.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed May 30, 2012 2:41 am

The cats are good thanks beej. Hope you enjoy your new budgies.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Thu May 31, 2012 9:25 pm

gees I need a new computer,

mine keeps not posting what I've posted ( if you get what I'm saying"
I type it all in , hit the send button and assume that its all there and it isn't!!
I typed in a post last night and its not there, I'm sooo frustrated about that!!
bah humbug.

and I cant remember what I typed,

but I do know that Im not happy and struggling with this bloody illness ~ BIGTIME, I seem to be constantly tired (pysically & emotionally) and my body is always aching so tired of living like this, and I still have my dog, she is a VERY high energy dog, that when I got her, I was much much better/healthier than I was AND I didn't realise that she was/is what she is.

and it seems that she is taking ALL my energy and then theres nothing left for anything else in the house.

my floors need cleaning, so do my cupboards, but she needs to be worked everyday so thats where all my energy goes & then theres nothing left over for me, and worse is that she was given to me by a friend, (well I kinda didn't feel like I could say no) but she is a gorgeous dog, just high high energy & I'm sooo tired.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Thu May 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Beej: I wonder if one of those tennis-ball slingers could help exercise your dog without taking too much out of you?
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 pm

beej I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going too well for you at the moment. Is there someone that could perhaps take the dog for a couple of hours a day and give her some exercise etc that she needs? Even if it's a few times a week. I'd offer to help if I was a lot closer. Music's idea of the tennis-ball slinger isn't bad either, mum used to use a tennis racket and hit the tennis ball across a field for Meg (Jack Russell) to run after.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:07 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Beej: I wonder if one of those tennis-ball slingers could help exercise your dog without taking too much out of you?

we have that she will play with IF it suits her,
shes an ex kennel dog ( breeders bitch & show ring champion)
and is still learning what play is.

I've never had an ex breeders dog before and I've always gotten mine from puppy stage, so getting her has made me learn a few things.

but golly this illness isn't helpin at all.

she is learning to get the ball, and to return it and shes starting to really enjoy it, as most dogs her breed are obsessed with tennis balls, but its taking a fair bit of time and effort. lol!

I just have to get over it, IF she hadn't of been given to me by a friend I would have re-homed her by now, but will push on and see if I can train it out of her.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next