The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dealing with guilt

4 posters

Go down

dealing with guilt Empty dealing with guilt

Post by nzmum Sun May 15, 2011 4:44 am

how do those of you who feel regreat and guilt about things youve done move past it?

i fear ive damaged my son beyound anything that i can ever fix. im doing all i know 2 do to help my son but nothing can erase the past and the experiances hes had. he will live with some of this stuff for the rest of his life, im guilty, ive failed. ive done damage to the most precious person 2 me. i know it. some how though i have to deal with the guilt im feeling and move past that because i know if i dont its gonna get me so down, i feel like im slipping, my thoughts r headed n the wrong direction and bascially thats because i know what ive done and im having trouble seing past the pain ive caused..

how do you move past the biggest mistakes of your life wen u know you've caused irreversable damage??

nzmum

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2011-01-29

Back to top Go down

dealing with guilt Empty Re: dealing with guilt

Post by Maisie Sun May 15, 2011 4:55 am

You cant change the past, but you can shape his and your future. I guess you go on and make sure that he doesnt have to deal with anything further, and has good experiences from now on.

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Madworld Sun May 15, 2011 7:29 am

Keep reminding yourself how resilient our kids are.

They are often so much stronger than us. Especially us people who keep telling ourselves the worst and making things seem badder than they actually are.

Just keep loving him. He probably understands and knows a lot more about you than you think!

dealing with guilt 870194
Madworld
Madworld

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Mon May 16, 2011 7:59 am

hugz hun know how you feel im here if you need to chat
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292