The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im new, and not coping!!!

+7
littlestar8
mumtothree
Books4NZ
Anita
kathchris
daze7
Jazskye
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Im new, and not coping!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Im new, and not coping!!!

Post by daze7 Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 pm

Hello Jazskye ...... I can understand your dilemma ...... one of the things that I have learnt (with a lot of support) is that my needs come first (I am my first priority) ..... it's a hard one to learn. I wonder if some counselling would be helpful for you just now.

I realise that maybe your parents need the repayment of the loan but reduced payments sound reasonable - I can certainly understand your frustration ................ the financial pressure sounds big!

Those 'slaps in the face' are really painful, I know.

Hugs, Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazskye Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Daze,
It is hard but im slowly learning that i do need to put myself first or im never gonna beat this thing, and what you were saying about grieving for your parents, i think that's kinda what im going through now.... at least i think so, i've decided i've tried as much as i can with them and they are still unwilling to even meet me half way so im distancing myself from them, its a tough decision but i think its the right one for me, and i am seeing my councilor again which is great, i really missed my visits to him haha so moving forward again even if its at a snails pace.
Thanks for the support Smile
Jazskye
Jazskye

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:14 am

Hello Jazskye.. :-)

Tough stuff dealing with parents.. could you reduce the payments and tell them - I've changed the payments to $.. and will continue at that amount - the first payment will be on... and the payments will be made regularly from then..

Good for you for going to your counsellor - great 'taking-extra-good-care-of-you' actions.. thank heavens for counsellors huh!

Hugs for you.. x

Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by gezzerkiwi Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:11 am

HI I FEAL FOR YOU TOO AND AM IN THE SAME SITUATION , I HAVE LOST EVERYTHING , TOO AND AM READY TOO KILL MYSELF , BUT I STILL HANG ON I DONT KNOW WHY HOPPING THE WORLD OR MY LIFE WILL CHANGE BUT RELISE IT WONT UNLESS I CHANGE TOO , I HAVE A YOUNG SON WHOS 4 YEARS OLD HES MY ONLY GOAL TOO GET BETTER , PLEASE READ MY STORY GEZZERKIWI Crying or Very sad

gezzerkiwi

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Robynrose Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 am

Hi Jazskye, do you have an interest of any kind, preferably something creative that is done with your hands?? It could be needlework of some sort or the likes. In Britain a lot of work is being done as I write on the benefits of this with both depression/anxiety and pain and the results are promising... Like most things unless you have walked a mile in another mans moccasins you have no idea what is going on for them. The same applies to your parents. The child in us expects them to come up with all the answers, the reality is they can't always.....I will be thinking of you and sending you gentle hugs and heaps of positive vibes.
R x
Robynrose
Robynrose

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffy_Ducks Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:02 am

Jazkye hasn't posted in two years. i would be interested to catch up again Smile

Gezzer - i know you're in a bad place, its not easy - but if you have a reason to go on, then hang on to that reason and your son sounds like a great reason.

Robyn, i like your post - i think there is a huge amount of bearing in having an activiity that is productive, you can see how far you've come in a short space of time, it takes a small amount of brain power, but not so much that you can't switch off, and not stressful - and at the end you really ahve achieved something beautiful and amazing : )
Fluffy_Ducks
Fluffy_Ducks

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bluegirl Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:12 am

Im new to the site i have isolated myself & not sure why & now i beat myself up about it. The i feel worse. Last year i was studying for my masters had a great job & friends & now its the opposite. I have close friends but i just don't want to talk & ignore the phone. I feel like i let people down. I know that i feel this way because of the illness but it doesn't help. I guess its like having the flu you feel horrible you don't want friends around but you know that will recover. I guess that what we have to hold onto

bluegirl

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2