The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Night sweats Citalopram quetiopine and B/P meds

4 posters

Go down

Night sweats Citalopram quetiopine and B/P meds Empty Night sweats Citalopram quetiopine and B/P meds

Post by EGBAR Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi My night sweats seem to have returned as i got off loxamine and they stopped (3/ 12)
Anyone else get them/ have any solutions... I wake up quite restless and tired after a night of "saving the world and rescuing others/ running away from monsters" Its only been 3 nights so far but I had massive issues last year for months on end which led me to be burned out big time, due to sleep deprivation.
The sucky thing is that if I drik alcohol i have no issues. Im trying not to drink.
EGBAR
EGBAR

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Night sweats Citalopram quetiopine and B/P meds Empty Re: Night sweats Citalopram quetiopine and B/P meds

Post by smiley Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:19 am

Hi no but when I was on citalopram I would get what I called "my running legs" when I went to bed..my legs felt like they were alive and I needed to run or something and it would keep me awake...just weird really as I would be soooooo tired at about 12pm and need a sleep and then couldnt sleep at bed time grrrrrrr
smiley
smiley

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Night sweats Citalopram quetiopine and B/P meds Empty Re: Night sweats Citalopram quetiopine and B/P meds

Post by qwerky90 Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Oh man, I get really bad night sweats. Waking up in the middle of the night and shiver from the the sweat becasue it's turned cold.

It's HORRIBLE
qwerky90
qwerky90

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:48 am

amber.gumdrop wrote:Hi My night sweats seem to have returned as i got off loxamine and they stopped (3/ 12)
Anyone else get them/ have any solutions... I wake up quite restless and tired after a night of "saving the world and rescuing others/ running away from monsters" Its only been 3 nights so far but I had massive issues last year for months on end which led me to be burned out big time, due to sleep deprivation.

I had really bad night sweats when I upped by Citalopram to 40mg per day. I found using really light blankets and wearing little, light pyjamas to bed helped. Now they have basically stopped but I still get really hot when I sleep and normally sleep with my feet out of the duvet so I don't get too hot.
I also wake up really tired, especially as the week goes on. I'm thinking of stopping the drugs to see if they give me more energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:08 am

Hmmm.

Here is the Medsafe Link to Arrow Citalopram http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/a/arrow-citalopram.htm

(also called Celapram by Mylan Pharmaceuticals) http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/c/celapram.htm

and called Cipramil by Pharmacy Retailing (NZ)
http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/Consumers/cmi/c/cipramil.htm

Night sweats are a bugger, I gotta say – I have assorted pillows to keep me in more or less in one possie all night and aye, I am tired of airing damp pillows.

Mind you it could be worsera I guess but the really good news about the ‘list of adverse reactions’ is, they ain’t Compulsory.

For moi – better on them than not, based on long, painful experience but I dare say the day shall again come when that little Imp on my shoulder will whisper to me that I don’t need them any more and that the Imp will see me right.

That Imp by the way, is a Lying Bastard!
Sure, Imps might Thrive, but Paddys don’t. Not without a wee bitta chemical assistance anyhow. Which I can live with, I have worse things wrong than a Peck of Pickled Mental Illness. cheers

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down