The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

medications and side effects

2 posters

Go down

medications and side effects Empty medications and side effects

Post by gypzy Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:12 am

Okies all you will be sick of my posts soon but i hope you are all well.
I went back to the doctor yesterday and she wants me to stay on the paroxidine(aropax), 20 mg.
was taking it at night but made me feel like crap next morning, so i took it this morning.I am still feeling jitteriest, and very very nausea( yuck)
I have only been taking 20 mg for 6 days, was on 10 mg 5 days proir to that.
She had me on zantec to stop nausea but changed it to omeprazole, its like its not working..i feel so sick.
Anyone else got any ideas, i am eating but its not going away Sad
I was on omeprazole in jan for a suspect ulcer, which i do not have.
She told me they will go away, but how long do side effects take to niff off.....lol
Anyone please?

gypzy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

medications and side effects Empty Re: medications and side effects

Post by Admin (Paddy) Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:22 am

Hi, Gypzy,

Post as much and as often as you need to. Thats hopefully what this place is all about. Us helping and supporting each other.

Sorry I can't help with anything specific about the meds - I don't take any except for pain management these days, its the only way I can function.

The Medsafe data sheets on all prescription meds available in NZ will have specific consumer info on your meds - the link is http://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/datasheet.htm

I hope that someone else can be of more help, Gypzy. Best of luck, and take care.

Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:55 am

Hi gypzy, you usually need to give them about a month.

Back to top Go down

Post by gypzy Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:39 am

Thanks Maryann.
The last 2 days have been pretty muck "OK" for me, except last night , i could not get to sleep, had tremors, then woke at 4.30 am ,the same again so had to take med to try and make it go away as the tense muscles were also not nice.Have not had my nausea tablet today as i feel ok with out it, but i wish the tense shoulder blades would go.The doctor told me its a build up from my original medication.Relaxing takes it away but then it will re appear.I went nearly 2 days with out it.Feel so so tired to and yawning lots.Still getting sweaty palms as well and its horrid.As i say this is all new and scary for me.I tend to over think at times and go into " scared mode"

gypzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:10 am

Every time they increased my medication I would have severe side affects. I always ended up in hospital. I think some people are more sensitive to it than others. The doctor will watch you closely until they are satisfied that you are ok and you are on the right medication best suited for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:14 am

Like other medicines, Aropax can cause side effects. Some of the more common side effects of Aropax include

* dry mouth
* drowsiness
* sweating
* blurred vision
* constipation
* difficulty passing urine

Back to top Go down

Post by gypzy Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:31 am

well i am lucky then as i only have dry mouth (yuk) , drowsiness ( tired all the time but try to motivate around) ,slight nausea now and just inner tremors,mild headache and sweaty palms..grrr
I know it should get better as time goes on, i am just impatient! and wish it would all go away as i feel like utter crap to put it mildly.No one really understands why i cant do this and do that ( what friends i have) and its hard to talk about it , but i feel better when i do Smile

gypzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:44 am

Sad In know how you feel, it's not very nice to have to put up with the symptoms until it settles in if it's going to. I was on aropax a couple of years ago. It was the first one that they tried. If you have other symptoms than those make sure that you contact your doctor ASAP. Don't worry what your family and friends think, they can't understand unless they have been through it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:53 am

Very Happy Just keep coming here to talk. That's what I do or I would go out of my mind. There are a lot of people who in here who knows what you are going through because they have as well and can give a lot of support to you. When books come in read her thread, she knows how to explain things in a way that I can't. You will find that you will be able to relate to her, and shadowsmum is so supportive and has a way of letting you know that she cares. Just to know that there are people in here reduces the anxiety that I can feel when posting in here and feel that i'm able to say anything. I hope that you feel the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:22 am

Hi, you guys, I hope you're doing OK today?

If anyone posts something they really regret saying, let me know and I will see if that post can be deleted, maybe with a Note saying it was deleted at the Members request?

That way hopefully, we can all feel more free to express ourselves, without worrying too much about it after we hit the Send button?

Take care,
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by gypzy Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:07 am

Thanks all.
This is a really nice place to come and post,and not having others judge because i have a disability as i put it.
I have been judged alot , i have in the past freely sometimes had to tell people about my health to make them understand why i can't do this ..or that or be pushed on times etc. Most have not understood
"Hi to paddy" hope you are having a nice day as well

gypzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down