The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resetting Body Clocks

3 posters

Go down

Resetting Body Clocks Empty Resetting Body Clocks

Post by Paddy Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:04 am

I thought I might seek some advice on behalf of a bloke I know – whom, for anonymities-sake, I’ll um call ‘Yddap’.

This Yddap person was saying how out of synch his Body Clock seems to be in the last 2 months or so and how tired he is of being tired. I didn’t know what to say except the usual platitudes like ‘Yep Yddap, I know how that feels.’ But do I? Mmmm?

For a start, it’s hard to take someone with a name like Yddap very seriously so what chance do I have of helping him? Exactly.
Hence, my Plea to The Board please.

How can Yddap reset his Body Clock?

Apparently an average night for Yddap see’s him in bed by 2am but for a variety of reasons, mostly related to physical pain and noisy brain, sleep doesn’t seem to set in before daybreak. Till then, its just dozing on ‘n off (so Yddap says, anyway.) But he reckons he gets a few hours of zzzzzzz’s between sunup and 11amish, most days. Unless some bastard knocks on the door (Yddaps words not mine).

Then, its struggle against the Battle Of The Bladder to get outta bed dry, and get the day restarted again. Yddap reckons he tries to get outside in the fresh air at least once a day, but I dunno, if he’s as sore as he reckons he is, then he’s tougher than me.

I suspect from what he tells me, his diet is pretty crap though he claims Sainthood by eating a banana, a pottle of yoghurt and some multigrain bread every day. Big deal. I also think he ‘snacks’ very late at night – just a feeling I have. Oh, he also reckons he eats a fair bit of coleslaw – like in a couple of sammies every 2nd day or whatever.

Yddap claims that by about 2.30pm, even having only been ‘up’ a couple of hours, he’s absolutely exhausted, but just about every attempt at a nana nap fails. Dunno why. The same ‘exhausted feeling’ drops back around News Time on telly and Yddap reckons he can’t even be bothered turning the telly on these days.

I do believe Yddap when he says he stops drinking coffee at about 8.30pm and only drinks warm milk after that (ya can tell he was never gunna be a cowboy, can’t ya?) but there has to be something else he can do to help himself, surely?

I know that he spends a lot of his time reading (I often see that Yddaps old library slips in books I get, so its quite a small world, isn’t it?) and that reading is more than a time-filler, it’s a compulsion and even that, I can understand – but I don’t seem to recall seeing his old library slips in any of the ‘Help Your Memory’ type books or ‘How to change your Body Clock, from 6v to 12v’ (apparently also useful for owners of old VW or prewar British cars).

I digress.

I don’t see how I can help poor ole Yddap so yeah, any serious and useful comments you may have to make, will be appreciated – I shall summarise them for him and say ‘Here ya Yddap’

Ta. Razz Wink

Paddy.

P.S.
Yaddap forgot to mention that he doesn't have the money to experiment with herbal mixes or rescue remedies etc and anyway, if he was supposed to drink Camolmile bloody Tea, then Coffee 'n Tobacco wouldn't have been invented, would it? Again, Yddaps words, not Paddys.
Embarassed
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Resetting Body Clocks Empty Re: Resetting Body Clocks

Post by Apricot Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:15 am

Gordon bennet, when you find the answer I would love to knw also.

i go to bed at a resonable hour. have a nap, wake around oneish, then im awake till around 6ish, then I just get into sleep time, and the rest of the world goes mad and wakes me up.
It make s it hard going being tired all the time that much is for sure. I do have sleeping tablets, but, because I get addicted to substances very quickly, choose to go wtihout as much as possible.

I wish I knew the answer.
Apricot
Apricot

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Poor Yddap. I don't have any answers for Yddap because someone I know has problems with not sleeping too...and I cant seem to help them either. One thing Yddap could try, if Yddap wanted to, would be listening to a relaxation tape each night before bed and seeing if that helped. Also Yddap might want to try going to be earlier because by 2am he might be overtired and that's why he can't get to sleep until the sun is coming up. Cool

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Would Yddap be able to get out in the fresh air at say 8.pmish. Go for a ride on his scooter and see the sights etc, get ready for bed with a warm milk drink and a good book? Say in bed by around 9pmish? Would that help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:12 am

Dear mylife,

I passed your suggestions on to me cobber Yddap a wee while ago.

Manners prevent me from quoting him verbatim, but it was something a bit like;

‘My Goodness, can this person not read? She wants to condemn me to an extra five or six hours a night, lying in agony in me bed?’

So no, I don’t think that he is likely to take up your suggestions, ML. Thanks anyway, pffft.

For lots of reasons – F’rinstance apparently, his scooter is not legally allowed to be used after ‘sunset time’, ‘cos it has no lights. And footpaths here in this shithole town (I mean, where Yddap lives) are hard enough on the body in daylight, they are so rough. Potholing in the dark apparently holds little or no appeal to Yddap. Bumps hurt. Everything hurts Yddap, he’s such a milksop. I wish he wouldn't unload all his problems on me, to be honest, I don’t have answers for him, hence my original post on his behalf.

As for warm milk – he apparently already drinks more than two litres of milk each and every day so there ain’t much spare capacity for more milk.

And read a book in bed? Pffft, if I can’t get freakn comfy enuff to sleep, how the Feck do you think I’m going to be comfortable enough lying there reading? Says Yddap (ha, you thought I was going give away a secret identity then, didn’t you?).

And Folly – Yddap sys Thanks, but if he hears his Whales and Dolphins CD again anytime soon, he is going to buy a harpoon and start killing the bloody things. A good idea, but. Maybe some good old time Jazz played softly in the dark might help him. I’ll see what he thinks. Ta.

Paddy,
for and on behalf of me cobber, Yddap.

P.S. There is a little bovine-juice pun at Yddaps cost in that lot - can anyone see it?
Milksop - milk addiction - ah, I slay myself. Resetting Body Clocks 143605
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:41 am

whales and dolphins...could get annoying. But what about a talking relaxtion tape/cd? With someone going through relaxtion exercises or visualisation type thing?

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:45 am

Ydapp, can you catch some rays on a nice sunny day like today? Let them penetrate right to the bone, read a book, sweat away. Just relax for the day. And if your friend paddy goes 'anal' about the dishes, tell him - nah not today.

For today I am just relaxing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down