The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The good things in your day :)

+82
Headless12
FLuffy
ExplodingShrimp
Scamp
Robynrose
Fluffy_Ducks
max17
Apricot
shadyhorse
Elsie
Maisie
aitch
Martinc
mylife
tobycat
alfio
Jasper the cat
IBMAREE
escadachic
nzmum
Lou
Josie
zin
jaffakiwi
DocLazy
Cycling_Hero
Cathy
Nakake
unknown
sleepless
smiley
qwerky90
EGBAR
.imstillstanding.
Anita
rob
Westdude
moonskr
Gabriell
Martine
eldritch
Bluebird1
mistameenah
GrandmaT
laworder
traceylee
Garfield
becks
shadowsmum
logical-cents
Worried
woppow
hopes4happiness
musicool
jomatt
claire_sky
huttlady
peterpam
claire_bear1000
Guerrilla Roach
dyslexick-man-lol
Pixie1time
greasemonkey
Folly
kidsandme
lifeshouldbegreat
diggingdeep
maidy
attica
sheba1964
1teaspoon
britelite
lil_miss_haley
lowdown
wreckedless
Paddy
_wizza_
daze7
ZenMonsta
poppy
Admin (Paddy)
Lonely Girl
86 posters

Page 25 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 25 Empty Re: The good things in your day :)

Post by Anita Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:09 am

I made chicken noodle soup for dinner.
Anita
Anita

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 25 Empty Re: The good things in your day :)

Post by Paddy Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:26 am

I kidnapped TBT (my cat) and took her for a scoot on me lap today - around the complex of flats I live in, thru the carpark, up the garden path, down the street and back home. One of us enjoyed it more than the other did.

I am determined she is going to learn to relax and enjoy scooting, one way or another, but I shall trim her claws before our next outing! Razz The good things in your day :) - Page 25 565675
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:33 am

I'M GOING TO CAMBRIDGE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just to visit everyone for a few days and they don't know I'm coming so gonna be surprise for them
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:15 am

walked the pups in the park today. very relaxing

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:43 am

Tomorrow - going to paintball with the people from The Warehouse
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 am

This was Thursday - went to visit the 'boss of the world' - we had a nice chat and a play in the park with Molly - really good to see you Pat.

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:56 am

It was lovely to see you also, dear Daze - and Now, I have a Cloud Throne in which I may luxuriously sit in overview of my Empire (insert evil laugh here).

Our Daze very kindly came to the aid of (very kindly is a huge understatement believe me ) an 'chair dilemma' I had.

With spinal injuries 'n stuff, sitting relatively comfortable is a biggie for me and for months, I have been 'making do' with a broken lazyboy chair - long story short, I fell , landed heavily and broke damn near every spring under the seat. Sitting in it meant bending like a bendy thingk all bent up and thats not good for broked backs etc.

To have an excuse to gift me a Lazyboy Chair, I think that dear Daze got herself a new Cushion that didn't match the fabric of Her chair, so she got one that did; and she and Mr Daze drove over from NP to Marton, with a Chair for me. Wow.

In that chair it feels like I am sitting on a Cloud, compared with the chair I was making do with. Bless You Daze - and yeah, it was lovely seeing and spending time with you'se.

Very Humbly,
Paddy.

P.S. I can't tell you all of the amazing friendships and 'things' which have come my way since I went outta me comfort zone and started TBBD. You Lot, all of you, enrich my life more than I can say. God Bless ya's all.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:27 am

I was feeling like absolute rubbish, crying, hating myself, angry. But I checked in here at TBBD and I read some posts and I answered some, then I went and sat in the sun in my beautiful backyard with my guitar and glass of wine and remembered how to play three whole songs.

I made myself feel better!

And Yay Paddy Throne!
Anita
Anita

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 am

Scooting in the rain, was fun.
It was just lovely to be out in the wintery blast of weather when I didn't HAVE to be, lol.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Coffee from a local Cafe .. and they had not even opened... shes a angel to let me in early..

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 am

Choice, I have a few things today, crikey.

I was a given an unread, todays Dominion Post - oh, I have not read a real newspaper for so long - just the little weekly local rags and the occasional Whanganui Chronical. Usually, I just read 'stuff.co.nz but Today, I read a real newspaper. It mightn't sound a Big Deal, but it was to me - it was a gift, from someone who knew of my secret newspaper desires, lol.

I went for a drive up county, a bit past Hunterville and had a yarn and a coffee or three with a old mate; and

I saved One Cent today at New World. I went in to buy a pkt of 'local' Rubbish Bags (they only collect 'theirs', the sods) - six bags, for $8.50 'n ya cant just buy one bag. Hmm, I thought. Then I noticed, Edam Cheese, 1KG, $8.49. I ain't had a decent size block of cheese in ages. Still got no rubbish bags but pffft, life works out that way, aye! Yum. Razz

P.S. We won't mention the 'Rounding Up' of the Cheese Price, it ruins the story. Embarassed
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by .imstillstanding. Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:20 am

oh cheese! it really is a pleasure isnt it, I really dont think I could live without cheese, it is one of the very few pleasures in life! I bought some the other day - I put back the spaghetti, the tomato sauce and the marg. so I could afford it - damn worth it too!!

.imstillstanding.

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:00 am

I took part in a very 'fraught' CYFS Family Group Conference in Marton today and I have to say, I think it was only the mix of professionalism and humanity shown by the two ladies from CYFS which enabled this little whanau group to make some real progress.

Tonight, for the very first time since this baby was born seven weeks ago, he will be able to share a bedroom with his mum and dad.
Tomorrow, mum can take baby for a walk if she wants and her son does not need a Minder to go with them. These folk are sharing a house with friends and will be for a while. For six weeks, the friend has had to get outta bed at night, take baby thru to mum, sit and wait, put baby back to bed, and then tell her cranky husband to shut up, cos the baby needs sleep.

A lot left to do, but By Crikey, there have already been some awesome outcomes. That makes for a relieved Honarary Uncle, I tell you. Thank You CFYS for the wisdom and compassion which you used to the greatest extent possible, all things considered. cheers
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 am

I rescued a teenage hedgehog and gave it to the SPCA.

Not quite taking a part in the reassembling of a family but it was a good thing about the day Razz
Anita
Anita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:14 pm

The good thing today is reading about 'the kind people who support others. Hedgehogs included Smile

Yah you Uncle Pat, tiz people like you, that come to the rescue and change people's lives for the better.

Arohanui all

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:47 am

The Marton Op Shop reopened today in borrowed premises - all new stock, too. I scored a cd rack / holder thingy and a Concertina File for me Admin Stuff - be useful, when I finally get around to putting up a shelf, mmm.

My excuse is the need to dynabolt the brackets onto a concrete block interior wall - with no drill! Right now I'm on the lookout for half a dozen holes, about so big, each. But I can't collect them, they need to be couriered or something, k?

$2.50 for a cd rack and file thingy - not bad I thought, since the File thingy I got new a year or so back, cost a lot more, believe me. Yea for Marton Op Shop Volunteers - Booh for the scum who burgled and torched their last premises.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:56 am

found inexpensive underwear at postie plus, for my sons.. yay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anita Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:42 am

Last night I babysat my neighphew (like half neighbour half nephew, I'm an Aunty in the old school Kiwi sense of the word) while his mum and dad bought his new little sister into the world.

Almost literally. The midwife arrived 3 minutes before Mikela was born.

And lovely Aeden fell asleep almost as soon as I put him down and barely made a peep all night, woke up cheerful as, has been very gently patting his new little sister and got very concerned when she did that newborn "zomg I'm starving what the hell is wrong with you people" cry.

Yeah. That was a good thing.
Anita
Anita

Back to top Go down

Post by EGBAR Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:56 am

I didnt drink today. Even though I really wanted to. I hung the washing on the airing rack not the line and was glad i did caus its pouring now.
EGBAR
EGBAR

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 am

I met up with LC again - which was really nice.
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:27 am

Ha, I 'found' and have been reunited with an errant Elbow Crutch.

I left home on me scooter yesterday, with two crutches, 'cos I was a wee bit sore. I didn't notice until I was in a supermarket and struggling to walk, that I only had the one thingy. Odd I thought, so I went out to me scooter to check I'd not left one there. Nup. I'm tuff, if stupid, so I finished me shopping and went home.

This morning I dragged me sorry ass outta bed before midday (I agree - tragic) and retraced me 'steps' so to speak. Yep, I did leave it in a shop. I musta removed me arm from the thing so I could pick summat up, and then wandered around the shop on one crutch and moved on. Silly Man - I lost one in Wanganui doing that - I couldn't be bothered driving back over there to try n track it down. Wally. But, I got it back, woohoo. Very Happy
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:28 am

On Thursday meeting up with Daze again for coffee

Yesterday having the kittens 'helping' me sew put a smile on my face

Today met up with a mate for coffee

And over the course of this week I've picked up 5 puzzles from the Hospice and only spent about $6 combined on them.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by EGBAR Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:08 pm

I was really happy to see my hubbie again last night as hes been away on work. I had purchased a new bedroom duvet set and so on and it looks and feels really good.
EGBAR
EGBAR

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:31 am

I bought one last week too. What a co-incidence. Doesn't new linen feel decadent.

my nice thing today has been chatting with Qwerky90

Back to top Go down

Post by qwerky90 Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 am

You're lovely wowinnz
qwerky90
qwerky90

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 42 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next