The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The good things in your day :)

+82
Headless12
FLuffy
ExplodingShrimp
Scamp
Robynrose
Fluffy_Ducks
max17
Apricot
shadyhorse
Elsie
Maisie
aitch
Martinc
mylife
tobycat
alfio
Jasper the cat
IBMAREE
escadachic
nzmum
Lou
Josie
zin
jaffakiwi
DocLazy
Cycling_Hero
Cathy
Nakake
unknown
sleepless
smiley
qwerky90
EGBAR
.imstillstanding.
Anita
rob
Westdude
moonskr
Gabriell
Martine
eldritch
Bluebird1
mistameenah
GrandmaT
laworder
traceylee
Garfield
becks
shadowsmum
logical-cents
Worried
woppow
hopes4happiness
musicool
jomatt
claire_sky
huttlady
peterpam
claire_bear1000
Guerrilla Roach
dyslexick-man-lol
Pixie1time
greasemonkey
Folly
kidsandme
lifeshouldbegreat
diggingdeep
maidy
attica
sheba1964
1teaspoon
britelite
lil_miss_haley
lowdown
wreckedless
Paddy
_wizza_
daze7
ZenMonsta
poppy
Admin (Paddy)
Lonely Girl
86 posters

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next

Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Empty Re: The good things in your day :)

Post by Westdude Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi all like the idea of this post topic ! Had virtually no sleep tuesday night so on wednesday felt like a zombie with a massive migraine to top it but all changed for the better when I spoke to my sweety Gabriell on the phone in the evening !. We are so good for each other even through we are both dealing with the black dog . Also so glad that she has joined and you all have welcomed her ! thanks . The good things in your day :) - Page 24 787356
Westdude
Westdude

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Back to top Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Empty Re: The good things in your day :)

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:34 am

The good things in your day - is not procrastinating.....

I am proud of myself today because…

- I rang WINZ and made an appointment for financial assistance - for a correspondence course. They are sending an application.

- I rang Bipolar Network - and have arranged to meet and go over the application, and to have a support person help me ‘get to’ the appointment - (anxiety sucks!!!)

- I rang my PDN, who is writing a letter of support - outlining why this course would be a step towards ‘wellness’

I RANG me and said “Well-done!”
bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Westdude Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:39 am

Hey Poetry well done ! The good things in your day :) - Page 24 925260 . I know what u mean anxiety sucks had a bad one last week during a WINZ appointment. What I do is write things down an then I can use for appointments if needed which just knowing this seems to help reduce it . Good luck The good things in your day :) - Page 24 787356
Westdude
Westdude

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:50 am

congrats poetry Smile

had a phone call from the principal today to say ms5 has won the principals award for the week for being helpful and friendly and joining in cheers
someone from each class wins every week and the principal rings you himself to tell you why they've won, which is a lovely personal touch, and tomorrow she gets to go choose a new book to keep for her prize. Me is proud, good qualities to get it for i think Smile

moonskr

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Westdude Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 am

Hey Cool Moonskr ! cheers kids are wonderful at times I have a 8yr , 19yr , 22yr all girls and a 18 month granson . They help recovery just knowing they are there .
Westdude
Westdude

Back to top Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Empty The best thing about today..

Post by Gabriell Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:53 am

After being constantly dogged by financial worries in the past few years but more so this year, thanks to my quick thinking westie, who is a constant source of love and support, came of with idea, which enabled me to put into place a practical and workable solution. This will reduce my stress and anxiety heaps!

Gee, your not just a pretty face are you, Westdude! No wonder I love you! The good things in your day :) - Page 24 388148 The good things in your day :) - Page 24 925260
Gabriell
Gabriell

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 am

Getting Toffie back today. She went missing on Saturday night, last night delivered around 300 flyers to the surrounding houses, this morning put it on one of the radio stations, rang the vets and SPCA and left contact details with them.

This afternoon had a phone call from the SPCA saying that someone had just turned up with Toffie and they'd had her since Saturday and did we want them to drop her off at us, so gave them our address and they dropped her off at about 3:15pm.

Needless to say she was even more smoochie than usual, hungry (people said they couldn't really get her to eat anything coz she was fretting) and was purring very loud. We now have 2 happy kitties again (and one large ginger unhappy kitty, lol) who are tearing around the place and throwing the potpourri out of the container in the bathroom.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by moonskr Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 am

that must be a huge relief cheers
i worry when mine don't show up on time so two nights would be awful

moonskr

Number of posts : 122

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabriell Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:13 am

Fantastic! I know it is a huge relief! Your kitties are beautiful. I had one years ago named Thumper. She went missing for eight days. Turned out she was hit by a car and had a broken pelvis but managed to drag herself home just when I had lost hope. She went on to heal and lived another 5yrs.
Gabriell
Gabriell

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:42 am

The good thing in my day was that I shortened two pairs of trousers - I had procrastinated long enough!
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:44 am

Well, I let meself ask for some help, both at the Library (me bag of 15 books being returned, was too heavy for me to carry in) and later at me local New World, when I discovered that (just for today) I couldn't lift a 2 Litre container of milk down from its shelf in the chiller.

Well, I may have been able to, but all in all, it seemed potentially much less less painful to ask for help, than to risk it meself.

Who is this weakling that inhabits my shell now?

I dunno, but its handy that he's dashingly suave and socially polished, I must say (I'm taking the piss - outta me).

I am also seriously considering standing as a candidate in this years local government elections. Paddy 4 Mayor, Rangitikei District Council, woohoo. The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Icon_cheers Or maybe I'll get onto the District Council, but the Mayor gets paid more and that appeals. A lot.

I have already been Promised One Vote - all I need do is remember to correctly mark the Box with my name beside it, pppft.

Mmmwahaha, Step Two of my Plan to become Boss of The World, slips neatly into place The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Icon_twisted Excellent. The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Icon_razz
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:44 am

I've just realised, it is now Autumn - lotsa neat colours will be happening, Nature-wise. Excellent! The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Icon_cheers
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:01 am

The good thing in my day was reading a good book curled up with my partner and our 'fur baby' ...bliss.
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:09 am

Ok so good things that happened today:

Being given a small glint of hope from the doctor today
Finishing skirt-of-ties number 1
Getting some more vinyl records

And a good thing happened on Saturday just been as well, meet up with Daze and got to meet Miss Molly this time as well Smile
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm off to Tasmania today for 9 days. Going to enjoy it.

And yes, Saturday was good for me too, to see LC again. Molly was pleased to see you!

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:48 am

I am Being Put To Sleep Tonight.

Well, I have high hopes, anyway. Got more sleeping meds at last - its been a few days between zzzzzz's so I reckon damnit, must be My Turn again. Woohoo, Sleep. The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Sleep The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Sleep The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Sleep The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Sleep The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Affraid

P.S. The Last Icon?
Me bladder will be real full when I finally awake, 'n then I have to lever meself outta bed etc, without forgetting about That particular muscle group, sigh.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:40 am

Meeting up with an old friend from high school yesterday for lunch and catching up with her.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:04 am

Good On Ya, LC.

The Bestest Thing Almost Ever, happened for me today.

The only 'blank' bit of wall I had left to potentially whack a nail into to hold a bitta art of mine, was worringly close to a light socket and associated wires behind the wall. (That was why it was still unused).

'Twas a tense moment banging that nail in, especially cos I didn't use me hammer with the rubber handgrip. Mission accomplished and no ZZZZZZZZZZAAAAP!

Whew, I'm bloody pleased I didn't hear or feel that! 'Cos I thought I mighta, doh. I don't understand wires and elekrissily 'n stuff, I really don't.
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

The good things in your day :) - Page 24 Empty lovely things today

Post by Guest Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:31 am

What was the arty thing you hung today Paddy.. giza look..??

today
seeing my partner's mum walk in our back door for the first time in 3 years. She is not very mobile and is quite unwell so does not leave her home much, but came to Lower Hutt for a medical appointment today and was doing really well. Very proud of her.

taking my 17 yr old son shopping for clothes. and seeing him light up when things fit and or looks awesome on him.

watching my partner and my son teasng the dogs with treats. and the dogs doing tricks for them.

thinking about you lot when I saw the knitting wools in Kmart. :-)

All in all a good day

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:05 am

Can't wait for a pic Paddy.

Good thing today, and it is only small, but I actually feel awake. Slept last night without my sleeping pill and was able to wake up this morning at 8am, and have been awake since. Usually I'd be sleeping the morning after feeding kittens at 8, then have a nap in the arvo too.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 am

lovely nap this afternoon and a nice long walk with my partner and our dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by rob Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Meet Nellya yesterday. Wonderful lady that has made me feel a whole lot better.

Thank you.

rob

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:01 pm

MMMM Cheese Scones!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:02 am

I made myself go out n do a few 'things' that I didn't really wanna do, and do you know what?

I fretted 'cos I'd gone out without making me bed and - The World did not come to an End as a result of it. It could have but, so I'll try not to take such chances with your lives in the future.

I did have clean undies on tho, just in case, ya know. Feck, with my luck I dare not. Razz
Paddy
Paddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:10 am

Instead of letting the inner radio blast 'yuck' moments in the past. I tuned in the radio to a memory of walking into a New World, that I hadn't been in before. I recalled the moment and the feeling of seeing a new friend who was as lost as I was. The memory of a man and a woman in blue with wings on their jerseys, deciding what cereal they would choose...and having a laugh with my new friend, as to who was the most qualified for this choice...hmm the woman I believe..

I am proud of myself today, because I came home despite the intense low and dread. I am proud of myself because I also managed to put on my running shoes and tie the laces all by myself!

I even took the shoes for a run.

Yahness to all

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 42 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 33 ... 42  Next