The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head writing cheques that your body can't cash

3 posters

Go down

Head writing cheques that your body can't cash Empty Head writing cheques that your body can't cash

Post by lowdown Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:22 pm

...as my dad would say.

Gave myself a bit of a fright this morning. Yesterday was a very loooongg day and I pushed myself too hard. Managed to get to sleep last night even though away from home, but it was a creepy sleep full of nightsweats and stress dreams. Got woken this mornign by the phone and hubby with a question, managed to answer it before falling asleep again, felt like I was drugged...more nasty dreams and finally woke, if that is the right word as feel like crap, at quarter to 10.

You know, even if I had had a meeting, I don't think I could have gotten up. As I say, felt drugged.

Simple answer is that my body has just had enough and is refusing to cooperate with my crazy schedule. I have made steps to slow things down, but from the date that decision was made, there are still things I had already committed to do.

Please let me just get through the next two weeks and I can sleep for a month with no commitments!!!

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Head writing cheques that your body can't cash Empty Re: Head writing cheques that your body can't cash

Post by ZenMonsta Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:46 pm

O dear lovely Lowdown

I am thinking of you today and hoping you get through the next few weeks more easily than your expecting. And then have a lovely relaxing regenrating and rejuvenating rest!

Take Care Lovely Lowdown

Hugs

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Head writing cheques that your body can't cash Empty I to am having the same problem

Post by kidsandme Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:41 pm

when im feeling good i can handle everything that i take on, but i think im going down hill again, and everything is starting to mountain up on top of me. all of a sudden im tired, and have no real motivation. im feeling myself get worse but cant seem to stop it from happening
kidsandme
kidsandme

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Head writing cheques that your body can't cash Empty Re: Head writing cheques that your body can't cash

Post by lowdown Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:43 pm

KandM, that's it exactly! Gotta learn to sit on my hands and not take things on when I am feeling good. Vicious cycle...

lowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by kidsandme Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:19 pm

it is, but when i feel great i want to make up for the fact that ive done nothing for the last little while, and i feel i should be able to do the things i want to do and feel "normal" again, like i use to before getting ptsd.
kidsandme
kidsandme

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:03 am

Maybe its that we both need to redefine what 'normal' is for us...?

lowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by kidsandme Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:13 pm

maybe we do Lowdown, for me thats hard because i remember when i was healthy, it was only 4yrs ago, and i know its not my fault and i lay all the blame on my very traumatic experence and the person who did it to me, but i sooooo want to be the person i was.
I was a great person who helped others, I had my head screwed on right, i was a productive member of society and people looked to me to get stuff done and be on committees and such.
I was proud of who i was. now im not too sure.
it is true about it all being a vicious cycle, i wish it would stop turning.
kidsandme
kidsandme

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:51 pm

there seem to be a lot of us on here who were the ones that others relied on to do stuff...its very hard to redefine yourself when that is no longer an option.

I am working on my 'farewell to Superwoman' speech to exorcise the whole 'gotta keep the whole world turning' shit on my shoulders. Time to find a new way to live LOL

lowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:52 pm

PS Kidsandme, you are not too far from me, if you ever feel like a coffee give a yell Smile

lowdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down