The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Writing about hospital...

3 posters

Go down

Writing about hospital... Empty Writing about hospital...

Post by Folly Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:50 am

I was put in a room with grey blinds on the inside windows and fluroescent lights. The chairs were plastic deck chairs..too light to do damage when
chucked around. There were several people in the room with me, I don't think I knew any of them. A tall balding man with glasses came in,
I hated him straight away. They asked me question after question I didn't say much, just sat there chewing on my hand, voices roaring in my head.
The lights were hurting my eyes and I wanted to sleep, they kept talking and talking asking me things I didn't know the answers to.
The voices got louder and nastier whipping up a huricane inside my head. Things started to go blurry and then all these hands started shooting
out of the walls and trying to grab me. I screamed and threw myself off the chair, bashing my head over
and over on the window frame. "I think that's enough for now" the bald man droned. They took me to my room.

The days all kind of rolled into one. I was drugged and scared. My parents would come and visit me and I would scream and cling to them when they had to leave. The nurses asked them to keep visits to the minimum because it upset me. The visits didn't upset me, them leaving me did.
I spent a lot of time curled up on the concrete floor of my room, rocking back and forth trying not to be sucked into the scariest fantasy world where
there are no rules and the only thing you know for sure is that you're going to be hurt-and badly.

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Writing about hospital... Empty Re: Writing about hospital...

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:56 am

i have nothing but silence and a hug for you!
Take care our new friend!

Monsta
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:20 am

Folly, huge hugs, mate.

I'm ex-Sunnyside. Twice, cos I'm a very slow learner.

Kia Kaha

Crying or Very sad
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Folly Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:35 am

hehe at slow learner, me too I was in there three times once at 14 once at 15 for 6 months and then once at 17.

Folly

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 am

Lol, I can think of better places for a holiday!

I remember getting horribly confused there (more than I was, I mean). I was in Fergusson 3 (?) and for some reason, I was transferred to the ward at the end of the corridor - it was a mirror image of where I had been but I never got that straight in my head and was often lost, sigh.

Same hospital, but just such a different atmosphere, too. More regimented, which didn't suit me and I spent perhaps more than my share of time in a room with soft walls and a matress on the floor when I was on that ward. But by far the worst, was my wee daughter coming to see her dad. God, that broke my heart seeing her in those surroundings. I'm sorry, Rach.

Bugger, that didn't quite go where I was expecting it. Sorry about that.

Crying or Very sad
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum