The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my partner has walked out

5 posters

Go down

my partner has walked out Empty my partner has walked out

Post by onlyme Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:58 am

last week he threatened to commit suicide and i made some calls to ppl who would (i thought) help. Now he's being told that i'm the prob and he shouldn't be at home with me. I would expect this from his mum, but not from his psychologist. Now he's at his mum's and i'm at home with my 12 y.o. and i'm gutted. what did i do wrong? How come when he hits the wall every year i'm there to pick up the pieces and make sure things continue and when i hit the wall this year he couldn't do anything? How is this all my fault?

onlyme

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

my partner has walked out Empty Re: my partner has walked out

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:01 am

its simple hon

ITS NOT YOUR FAULT

its the nature of the illness!

come into chat if you can for a hug and a laugh

this cant be any fun for you.

chat is on the home page just scroll down!

BIG MONSTA HUGS
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Southernbelle Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:05 am

Hi onlyme,

its just easy to blame yourself hun thats what we do. but believe me when i say it NOT YOUR FAULT.

please come talk in the chat box at the bottom of the home screen we are there for you.

Belle xx
Southernbelle
Southernbelle

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:08 am

Hey Only,

Firstly it is not your fault hun, you need to know that.

Sometimes it hard on partners of people who have mental health issues so it so taxing picking up the pieces.

I nursed a sick partner for a number of months and I kow it had a hugh impact on me.

In my mind, the psychologist saying that you are the problem is unprofessional and inexcuseable.

You need to be aware it is a very tough time of year and a lot of people fall apart.

Stay strong

Roswell

alien

Back to top Go down

Post by claire_sky Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:27 am

Oh hugs for you onlyme, geez is this the season for it or what? I too have just a partner walk out on me after 3 years of me busting my arse to be there for him, emotionally and financially and now im needing (fark i dotn know what i need) but all i know is my partner put me in the "too hard" basket.

Perhaps give him time, and give yourself time, thats what i plan on doing. Ofcourse thats all we can do, but i truely mean it, take the time to think about whats important to you, what things you enjoy, try find some happiness in things that make you you! Its not your fault and soon you will feel good about yourself and everyone will see it and who knows what might happen from there on in!

Good luck and please feel free to post anytime!

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyme Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:26 am

My partner suggested today that we see his therapist for couple's counselling. While i appreciate the sentiment, i don't think we should be seeing either his or my therapist for this.

I'm trying to just look after my son (and me) and have fun with people and by myself.

Thanks for the friendly replies, i really appreciate them.

onlyme

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Southernbelle Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:08 am

well hun you have to do what you feel is right for you and your son. And i am sure that there will be hard times ahead. Stay strong and take each day for what it is... a blessing.

Belle xx
Southernbelle
Southernbelle

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:03 am

Hang in there hun :hugs:.
It would be extremely unlikely that his pschologist would have told him to leave you. I presume you only have his word for that.
I know it may sound hard now, but to me it sounds like you're better off without him.
You're sick, you need all your strength to look after yourself & your son. You don't have extra to look after a sick partner. Let him go home to 'mummy'.
You concentrate on you & your son. flower
beanie
beanie

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down