The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

concerned partner and new to the site

2 posters

Go down

concerned partner and new to the site Empty concerned partner and new to the site

Post by Misscoopy Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 am

Hi there I am new to this site, I just signed up now as I as concerned my fiance is suffering from depression and/or anxiety attacks. he has had trouble dealing with his difficult family issues and is now feeling overwhelmed by almost everything. I just want to know if there is anyone else out there dealing with this to give me some pointers on how to help him.

Misscoopy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-06-24

Back to top Go down

concerned partner and new to the site Empty Re: concerned partner and new to the site

Post by sbsbsbsb Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:03 am

Hi there, he's certainly not alone in feeling that way and good on you for standing by him. I don't think I have anything ground-breaking to share as to how to help him but there are a few things I'd suggest. Having fun and a laugh are vital in obtaining mental health so watch a comedy or two together? Get out and about walking/exercising somehow as this is also important. Diet is another large contributor to feeling depressed, so avoid heaps of sugar, caffeine, white bread and so on. I would also say encourage him to seek professional help if it gets too bad. That doesn't necessarily mean he'll have to go on meds, as there are plenty of alternatives such as therapy. I guess overall it just pays to fight on all fronts, and remember to take care of yourself as well, it can't be easy seeing someone close to you suffer.
sbsbsbsb
sbsbsbsb

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-10-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum