The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

has anyone been to tribunal to come off mental health act

2 posters

Go down

has anyone been to tribunal to come off mental health act Empty has anyone been to tribunal to come off mental health act

Post by mumtothree Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:51 am

hi i was wondering if anyone hhas been through this process i want to know what it is like and do i need a laywer or ust a support person. what is it like ect
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

has anyone been to tribunal to come off mental health act Empty Re: has anyone been to tribunal to come off mental health act

Post by Maisie Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 am

Im not sure if this is what you mean or not, but Ive contested it a couple of times in court. I had a lawyer.

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

has anyone been to tribunal to come off mental health act Empty Re: has anyone been to tribunal to come off mental health act

Post by mumtothree Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:46 am

yes when you say you contested it was that so your were not put on it im already on it and want to see how people went getting off it in court, when it came to being sectioned i had no choice really as my court date was always when i was in hospital after i had od so couldnt fight but been out of hosp for 6months now and off meds for 6 weeks so ready to come off it have a fight on my hands with my doc
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 am

Ive contested it when I was already on it, and contested being put on it, and contested it being extended. I felt listened to each time, and one time it took about an hour, but every time it has gone that I have had to stay on it. I have been on it for most of the past 4 years. Im really lucky now though, that my psychiatrist is really listening to me and wants to work with me to come off it too.

Maisie

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:08 pm

Thnaks I have been put on it indefiently last time so when i went to see d ben he just went off old notes and is not willing to look at it until i go back on medz and take the drugz they want the prob being i feel so much better and think clearer off then i feel human i have been off them for over 6 weeks but mu past file looks bad and i cant get past it not even with all the good work i have done my kw supports me coming off so im hoping it will go ok.

Are the people nice that are in the tribunal
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Maybe they just need more time to see that you are so much better without meds. 6 weeks isnt that long. We have the same psychiatrist, and Ive found him to be really good. He didnt support me going off my meds but I did it anyway, but it didnt work out for me.

What about the act bothers you so much? Its only invasive if you get unwell really.

Maisie

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:53 pm

I would like to try and return to work but i dont feel i can when under the act because of my job and my last employer try to fire me using my mental health as there reason I tiook them to court and won but still feel really shaky bout getting a job while huge bit of evidence is hanging over my head, I understand that by law no one can tell my employer but i still dont trust it so if i dont have it they cant use it if that makes sense
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Yep, I can understand your worries, especially given your past experiences. Realistically though there is no reason for anyone to know. I asked my keyworker and psychiatrist about that when I was looking for work (still am) and there is no need to tell your employer, and nobody else will. Also if your mental health becomes an issue, it will be because it does become an issue and effects your performance, not because of some bit of paper saying youre on the act.

I know its scary though. I worry about getting a job and then not being able to cope with it. Thats nothing to do with the act though.

Maisie

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:03 pm

well i got a phone call from kw and all of a sudden dr wants to talk about my concerns and issues so he doesnt have to go to the tribunal funny that i know that legally he has to see me before we go to court and this is 21/2 week into when i lodge letter so we will see what happens hopefully he see sense and will let me off it is a huge thing to gain some off that contol back in my life.
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:53 am

Hey its great that youre going to be heard. Awesome.

Maisie

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:11 am

heres hoping do you think i have a chance as you have been trought of coming off what do you think i need to do to prepare
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down