The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update from Bluezero

3 posters

Go down

Update from Bluezero Empty Update from Bluezero

Post by Bluezero Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:27 am

Good Evening Everybody

I hope we are all doing good today.

Just thought I'll update you guys on things that I'm doing at the moment.

I recently started my art course at a private art school called The Learning Connexion. I catch 2 buses there and 2 back. My day starts at 5.30 or 6 am. I don't get home till 6 pm. I am really enjoying myself there. Have made a few friends and there is always someone to sit next to at lunch time. Some of them are joining in the free sign language classes at lunch time. So it's nice to see people interested in Sign language. (I am deaf for those who don't know).

Have done charcoal drawing, painting, and plaster making of my face so far. It's is alot of fun and I enjoy learning new things. On Monday I have to do life drawing, the model is going to be naked. It will be very interesting. I wonder if I'm going to laugh or get embarrassed. I am good at painting, not drawing. But it is good to give things a try, be a challenge for me.

When we did the plaster making on Tuesday, I had to take my cochlear implant off so it wouldn't get wet. So I was completely deaf and blind for about 10 minutes. It was really challenging. I was sweating by the time they took the mask off my face. But I was glad to be able to see and hear again. But if I had to do it again, I would. I'm the sort of person who likes to give things a go. Mum said she couldn't do that, be deaf and blind at the same time. But we are all different.

My psychiatrist and psych nurse are happy with my progress so far. I have not done self harm for a long time and I am much happier in myself. They were happy with me today at my meeting with them, and we have just added a new medication at night time. I was on presidon but the drug company has started to run out of stock. I'm not sure what the new pill's name is, and I can't be bothered to get it.... it's something like doxapin, something like that. I just started it 2 nights ago so will see what happens, and if it helps me sleep that is always good too.

I start at the Foodbank next week on Thursday. It will be a trial at first. See if I get along with the people there, etc. It should be fun. I like volunteering for people. It's a good way to meet new people and make friends. It will also be good for the CV as well.

I hope everybody has a good night. You all take care now.

Cheers.

Bluezero
Bluezero
Bluezero

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Update from Bluezero Empty Re: Update from Bluezero

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:11 am

Thanks Bluezero,

Loved reading your update, I'd love to go to Learning Connextions. So happy to read you are enjoying life again. I hope everything goes well for you also at the food-bank Smile ... sounds like life has taken a wonderful turn for you. I hope also that you will show us your art, esp your face mask. so cool!! Smile

Aroha
Poetry I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:32 am

What a lovely Post to read, BZ, Well Done, You.

Wow, you really are putting yourself into some challenging situations and mastering them, too.

That smile it gives you suits you heaps and you've earned the right to it, by golly. cheers

You take care too hon, you take care too. flower

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 am

Thanks for the update. Its nice to hear you are enjoying the course.

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Bluezero ..... you're sounding good - your art sounds like some FUN.

Good on you for getting out there and finding out what's available for you to take part in.

Nice to hear from you, with your update.

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down