The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An update on JK

Go down

An update on JK Empty An update on JK

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi All,

So a month ago I went to my doc and came off antidepressants - I am still feeling good about that. Taking control has really made me feel good about my life. I also insisted that my doc refer me to getting counseling as I felt this would be a much better method of dealing with my issues. The doc made the referral and a week ago I went to the hospital mental health ward to be sassessed. She was a lovely lady and I got the impression she really wanted to help. She made a referral to a primary PHO group that can provide counseling. Today I had an appointment with them, and they have suggested I go through ACC, as ACC is the only way I can go about getting free prolonged counseling.

I sort of feel I'm getting passed on from one person to another a bit, and having to start my story again all the time is getting a bit frustrating, but this ACC counseling does sound good. It would mean I would have to use details of my minor (?) sexual abuse as an entry point, even though I don't really think its those events that are troubling me.

I guess its progress, but its slow progress Sad

Back to top Go down

An update on JK Empty Re: An update on JK

Post by lil_miss_haley Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:05 am

Good on you mate for sorting things out and seeking councilling. And Im glad you feel a bit better and making progress Smile

Haley xXx
lil_miss_haley
lil_miss_haley

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 am

Geoff,

There are other options for couselling other than acc whuch though not free is low cost. These include the Salvation Army and the Samartains.

DO check with Massey student services regarding counselling too, I managed to get eight sessions with them last year free of charge and may be doing some other couselling.

Also being on a low income (as a poor student) you maybe able to accedd the disability allowerance through Winz which from memory is upto $60 a week and can be used towards couselling, transport to and from etc.

Sexual abuse is never minor, the impact of it my be less damageing then in other cases but it does not make it minor.

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:25 am

Geoff,

There are other options for couselling other than acc whuch though not free is low cost. These include the Salvation Army and the Samartains.

DO check with Massey student services regarding counselling too, I managed to get eight sessions with them last year free of charge and may be doing some other couselling.

Also being on a low income (as a poor student) you maybe able to accedd the disability allowerance through Winz which from memory is upto $60 a week and can be used towards couselling, transport to and from etc.

Sexual abuse is never minor, the impact of it my be less damageing then in other cases but it does not make it minor.

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down