The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To our Cantabrian TBBD Family Members

3 posters

Go down

To our Cantabrian TBBD Family Members  Empty To our Cantabrian TBBD Family Members

Post by Paddy Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:01 am

Dear Canterbury Folk,

Sorry I’ve not been here much myself this week – I’m having computer problems and for some reason, our very own TBBD has been one of the hardest sites for me to access and get a readable screen when I’m here.

The scale and depth of devastation and terror which must have been a huge part of this last week for you is very hard to comprehend I know and sitting here in the Rangitikei it is very hard to try and imagine what you must be experiencing.

We have a lot of Cantabrians here in our TBBD family and my heart goes out to each and every one of you and especially those who are facing up to losing so very, very much of those precious things which are such huge parts of your lives.

If any of you need to talk or scream or cry or whatever, I’m a good listener, so I’m told – and me unlisted, confidential phone number is here just for you, k? 06 3275588 – just, don’t ring Collect! Or email me – patq60@xtra.co.nz.

Please, take very very gentle care of you eh, and don’t give in – Mother Nature doesn’t want that and I’m pretty sure it was all just a horrible mistake on Her part – her version of TBT and me making Pikelets at 3am – Not really a Good Idea in the harsh light of day.

The toll on your nerves (and those of your families and pets) must be huge and if you need to get away for a wee while, then let me know and I’ll see what can be done about finding you some beds somewhere safe and amongst friends. I’m happy to offer a bed – I’ll take the couch and we just won’t tell my landlord should you have a dog with you.

Hey, and don’t be too dismissive of your own needs for help to cope with stress release and sanity by thinking ‘other people are worse off so I won’t bother’ because each and every one of you is an important person and your needs are no less important than anyone else’s, k?

Its OK to be angry and sad and tearful and terrified and to feel a huge sense of loss – they are all very valid emotions and in the long run, trying to pretend you’re doing OK when maybe you’re not doing quite as flash as ya make out to be right now, could be a problem – so, don’t bury your feelings and feel you have to put on a brave face 24/7.

Remember too, you are important members of our TBBD Family and if there is anything you think any of us might be able to help you with over the next however long it takes, tell us. Please?

Make sure to have all of your Meds handy too, ‘cos now is prolly not the best of times to be forced into weaning yourselves from them.

God Bless and take very good, gentle care of yourselves, please.

Paddy.

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

To our Cantabrian TBBD Family Members  Empty Re: To our Cantabrian TBBD Family Members

Post by Martine Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:38 am

Dear Paddy

Thank you for your kind words. In a nutshell its fucking frightening.

I will never ever forget the shock of 0430 and the chimneys falling off the roof. Us panic merchants don't do earthquakes very well.

And capricious bitch that she is Mother Nature has sent no less than 240 Aftershocks just to keep us in mind that she's the one with the power today at 5.30 she dropped another.

The neighbours here are frantic looking for their cats, especially being personality disorders cats just piss off whereas dogs will stay with you to the bitter end.

Thank you for your kind thoughts,

Martine

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

To our Cantabrian TBBD Family Members  Empty Re: To our Cantabrian TBBD Family Members

Post by Books4NZ Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:00 am

I agree with you Paddy.. my thoughts are with you all in Canterbury too..

Hi Martine.. hugs.. hope the a/s are easing now.. astonishing to see the power they've all had a swell.. take good care.. hugs.. x
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:36 am

Thanks Books for your hugs they mean the world to us folks who have no whanau.

Martine

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down