The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CYFS - Family Group Conferences etc.

Go down

CYFS - Family Group Conferences etc. Empty CYFS - Family Group Conferences etc.

Post by Paddy Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:29 am

Whats the Go with these, anyone know please?

I'm getting involved, by CYFS invite, to an FGC later in the week where I guess I'll be expected to assume the role of 'Prisoners Friend'. The prisoner, is a wee chap, just a few weeks old and CYFS don't consider Home Detention with his parents, as being in his best interests.

Its a very complicated situation - I'm not related to any of the folk involved, but before the wee chap was born, I appointed myself his uncle so I could keep an eye on him. Best as I can tell, he seems settled, content and just doing what 7 or 8 week old boys do - not a lot. K, the truth - he's useless. Can't pull a motormower to bits, nothing.

Anyway, how do these FGC things go? Would it be appropriate for me, as the invited komatua of this little whanau there, to start the thing off with a Karikia and Blessing?

May one seek a few minutes break to take a dad outside and kick his arse and tell him its past-time that he grew up? Like, when ya get PD instead of jail, go do the PD once a week, doh.

There is no doubt the wee chap is much loved and kept scrupulously clean etc, but I think that CYFS have got this one wrong. It ain't mum thats the big problem - Yes, she had babies taken from her years ago, when as her then tattoo said, she was 'Property of .....' (Insert Gang Name and Emblem here). She has slowly been able to regain her sense of self and the tattoo has been overlaid with a much nicer one - done by her bloke, actually. Dipshit that he is, he's good at a few things and those two are made for each other and they have a much loved, much anticipated and hoped for, child. Bugger.

Ah, fun eh. All cos ya want a little chap to have a chance. Oh darn.

Uncle Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

CYFS - Family Group Conferences etc. Empty Re: CYFS - Family Group Conferences etc.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:46 am

Hi Paddy,

It is apporiate for a blessing to be said at the start of a FGC if it is the wishes of those attending, and another blessing can be said at the end. Just make the wishes known to the convener of the FGC.

I don't know the circumstances but if a person has a history with CYPS they will often do an interview or FGC just to cover their own ass.

Dont be surprised if the outcome is the child stays in the parents custody but CYPS pop in on them unannouced at regular intervals.

When is the FGC? I would reccommend if you have time maybe going down to your local Community Law Center or Citizens Advice and picking up a couple of phamflets just to prepare yourself.

Hope this helps

Back to top Go down

CYFS - Family Group Conferences etc. Empty Re: CYFS - Family Group Conferences etc.

Post by Paddy Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks, Ros.

Its Thursday at some ridiculously early hour - 10am, mein gott, I'm usually still in bed then.

The condition of their whare is a major concern to CYFS, I think, too. Rightly, too. He actually did, to his credit, rent another place out in the countryside but somehow or other, it didn't happen. He did try. I must remember that.

I appreciate ya post, Ros - I shall get some info from the CYFS site - doh, Patrick.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down