The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christchurch people: I do hope you're all OK ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage

+4
Apricot
mumtothree
peterpam
daze7
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christchurch people:  I do hope you're all OK  ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage - Page 2 Empty Re: Christchurch people: I do hope you're all OK ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage

Post by Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:59 pm

you are a better person than me then .. I'd be beside myself..

what do you sell in your store PP? Were you able to salvage any of your stock?

Back to top Go down

Christchurch people:  I do hope you're all OK  ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage - Page 2 Empty Re: Christchurch people: I do hope you're all OK ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage

Post by peterpam Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 am

Update, had an assessor in, its gone, all gone, but he is going to give me a couple of days before he says demolish so I have a chance to sneak in and get sum stuff. He is such a lovely guy. Have a number of friends meeting in morn elsewhere (not my building) so we can work out how we do this safely as poss and no one knows.

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:22 am

wowinnz I am beside myself, but when the tough get going!!! Already I have lost so much, need to save whatever I can

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:26 pm

oh cool a sting operation, a treasure hunt even!...!... you go girl.... take care.

Donna

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:06 am

Did the sneak in today all cloak and dagger stuff. My lovely man and a friend inside building hiding (but being very careful), me down the road with cell ph letting them know when people around building. Hide again, lol,then they got a knock at door which I think alarmed them, from demolisers for next door. gave them an hour. The boys had already saved most of my furniture, had it all down stairs. Engineer arrives and says its saveable, not like the guy yesterday who said it was gone, sooo the building lives another day. The prices we were given to save or rebuild, are far more than ins cover so I still think its gone, but again need to wait.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:28 am

Dear Peterpam

My prayers are with you, where are you stayiing?

Its awful, I cannot begin to imagine how you feel, we lost our chimneys and need a new roof and husbands car got hit with debris.

The aftershocks are just as frightening as the original quake. Do you need stuff like bedlinen pots and pans???

I am skint but I have duvets and blankets and household stuff and two dogs you are welcome to.

Love and hugs Martine

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:01 am

Hi Martine, you wee sweetie, I'm ok I'm with my lovely man so dont need much. I'm skint too, but thats ok, we can be skint together, lol. Theres lots that I need to work through, no longer have an income and can't contribute financually around here, & that in itself is very taxing on my brain, but I am so so lucky, I have a man who loves me dearly and at the moment he's who keeps me going, he's my rock. He is on holiday at the moment so is running me to bank managers, talking on my behalf to assessors/ins co, I'm on overload sometimes not even being able to introduce people I know well cos I cant remember there names, lol, but when the stress levels lesson, I'll be ok cos I have so many people around me and sooo much love. My birthdays tomorrow so would be good to have some good news, however, no matter what my guy is giving me a birthday dinner for about 16 people. Lucky he is an ex chief so I don't need to worry. Hugs to all and love to all chch people, hope you are all ok.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Books4NZ Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Everyone..

For all of you there, my thoughts are with you all at this time.. following the news and websites and Trademe Quake messageboard that they set up, has been surreal - I'm far away, understand a little as was here in the Edgecumbe Quake in '87 - nothing like what has happened and is happening there though..

Hi Peterpam.. my best wishes to you for a future that you can write in any way you wish.. and have the happiest of Birthday's tomorrow..

Hi Apricot.. I saw the elderly lady on TV again tonight.. many viewers had sent her cards, and a lady who has her own precious family china is sending her some of her's, so the lady has some to give her grandchildren.. so lovely of her.. I cried watching..

Do take good care Everyone.. big, caring, hugs.. lots of them.. x
Books4NZ
Books4NZ

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:29 am

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Peterpam .... I'm sure you'll have a lovely celebration. .... Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2