The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christchurch people: I do hope you're all OK ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage

+4
Apricot
mumtothree
peterpam
daze7
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Christchurch people:  I do hope you're all OK  ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage Empty Christchurch people: I do hope you're all OK ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage

Post by daze7 Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Hello all Christchurch, and surrounding areas, people. I hope any damage from the earthquake is minimal. Keep coming in here if it's helpful to you ... just to keep updating how you are. It's a very stressful time.

Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Christchurch people:  I do hope you're all OK  ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage Empty Re: Christchurch people: I do hope you're all OK ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage

Post by peterpam Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:48 am

Thanks Daze,
lots of damage for me, dont want to even think about it, so have opened the bar, lol. My property is in Kaiapoi one of the worst hit. Thanks for your thoughts, now I just need about a 100 people to come help me clean up, lol, but that would be after the next 48hrs until I have been advised to stay out of my building

peterpam

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Christchurch people:  I do hope you're all OK  ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage Empty Re: Christchurch people: I do hope you're all OK ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:12 am

So sorry to hear that. I hope you have safe refuge and a cozy bed tonight.

thinking of you
Donna

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:16 am

I would also like to send my hugs down south would love to be able to help not sure how but if you think of anything let me know. Shocked sunny
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:54 am

I have just had a huge cry. Keep it together today, seeing the devastation, but tonight not so good, but its only a building and I wasn't there.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:26 am

Hi PeterPam. Thinking of you. Just glad you are safe. That really is the main thing. But, yes, it must be devastating to live there, to lose homes, and possessions.
I am finding it surreal seeing the devastation on tv.
So hard to believe what I felt, as a gentle regular rocking, one of the most non scary shakes I have ever felt, to have hit somewhere with such force, and changed some many lives. So sad. The poor elderly lady on news tonight, in tears, saying about all the treasures lost that she had been keeping for grandchildren etc. She is the treasure, not the belongings.

Know that we are thinking of you P'P', and any others on our forum from the area affected. Canterbury will be in the prayers of many.

I send my love and thoughts to you.

Apricot
XO
Apricot
Apricot

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:45 pm

PP are you able to go back in to remove your belongings? and if so where do you take them? Do you have family or friends that can help?

I imagine rental properties that were not affected by the shake would be few and far between.

its this stuff that boggles the mind eh..where to from here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Thinking of P'P today. It is extremely windy where I am, and after seeing houses open to the weather.....such a mess. Total disaster. No way you can hold a tarp over gaping buildings in gale force winds. I can see the situation becoming increasingly dangerous. Where I am a neighbours iron is rattling, and I know what that does when flying through the air. A friend lost her dad to flying sheet metal. just hope people who have homes, stay home and safe.

Let us know how you are Pam if you are able.

Hope you are safe.
XO
Apricot
Apricot

Back to top Go down

Post by woppow Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:39 pm

I was staying a mates when it happened. - in Rangiora (If people know where that is) It was scared I no idea how I would get home. Without buses. We dont have any damage to our place. but my dads place has a bit.
woppow
woppow

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2009-04-12

http://www.makeadifference.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:58 am

Just this arvo took a builder through and I think its gone. Everything i have ever worked for has gone. Building been yellow stickered, which means I can only entre to take personnel possessions, but its too unsafe so we grabbed the insurance stuff a couple of paintings and thats it. Now left to the council to assess, but it doesn't look good, come tomorrow I dont think they will let me in. Soooo sad.

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:59 am

Oh god guys, sorry forgot to thankyou for your kind messages, hope everyone else is ok, hugs

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:08 am

I use to work in rescue, yellow is restricted entrance, means it may be able to be saved.

Remember you have your lives, buildings can be replaced. I know it will be unsettleing. Are you in a welfare centre now?

I am sending down a couple of care packages to friends, if there is things I can sned down i.e. phone card, soap, toliet paper, toothbrush, toothpaste please PM me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:49 am

Hi Peterpam

Hugest hugs and prayers for you and your family. I can't even imagine how much you are going through. I hope the days to come will bring you some hope. As Roswell said..maybe your home can be saved.

Arohanui Peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:56 am

Thanks Ros yes I know that and today I had a chance to get limited things out, but not safe enough, apart from me and builders nobody has seen the inside (yellow sticker was from outside), its not safe, the guys would not, after having a look, let me past the back room. Its very scary, the builders have told me, no way to save it, its gone. Tomorrow the council will come through and it will be upgraded and we all think they wont let me in to get anything

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:11 am

Hello Peterpam ...... how awful for you .... very upsetting. So hard to see your home in tatters.

There are about 4,000 claims with the Earthquake Commission just now - have you been in touch with them - have a look on Stuff or their website - if you haven't already. The EQC guys will be in Chch this week after they set up offices, accommodation etc.

As Ros says, if there's anything that we can help with just sing out!

Hugs, Daze

daze7
daze7

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:21 pm

thoughts Pam, just be safe hey. yes, would be very hard if you have to leave things.....but.....most will be replaceable, you, or your family are not.
I'm sorry.
XO
Apricot
Apricot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:57 pm

this is so shocking.. I keep watching the news in case you are on .. but of course I would not recognise you...

have you been able to take photos of the damage PP? they are saying all over the media to do that for the claims.

BIG hugs from here..

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:56 am

Hi to all of you that have been thinking of those of us in Christchurch and thank you for your kind thoughts. To be honest, it feels a little bit surreal and the fact that we are still experiencing after-shocks is damn scary. Every time you feel one you wonder if it is going to escalate into one as bad as the 7.1 earthquake.
It is an odd feeling around Christchurch at the moment. There is no public transport, many shops and retailers are closed and to see all the devastation that has destroyed many of the beautiful old buildings is really sad. I'm sorry PeterPam to hear how you have suffered. I think Kaiapoi was hit very badly as I have a friend who lives there and she said one of her neighbours houses split in half and that the railway lines have buckled. I hope you have support from friends and family to help you cope with your loss.
Here at my flat we have been very lucky indeed. The flat is fine and we suffered no injuries. Unfortunately my Mum was injured in the earthquake so I am worrying about her a bit. When she went to crawl under her bed, a mirror fell down on her and banged and cut her on her head. She seems ok now though she's still in a bit of shock.
I want to say' hi' to the other TBBD members that live in Christchurch and hope that you are alright. Martine how are you love? Woppow are you still ok? PeterPam are there any updates on your situation?
Take care,
Becks. xx Christchurch people:  I do hope you're all OK  ... and haven't got too much earthquake damage 787356
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi all, quick update gosh am I exhausted, sat around on the street yesterday waiting to be able to registar and go into my building and finally about 3 we were given permission to go in and grab papers and grandmother photo's. Just got in maybe 2mins & were asked to leave again as we had been given wrong info & were not meant to be in there without an engineer, however there were 4 of us (one taking photo's) so we did manage to get a few things in that time, but nothing of my personnel stuff. Have been in contact with council again this morning to try & make an appointment for an engineer & am just having to play a waiting game, hopefully will hear soon. Will try & post some photo's later.
Becks so sorry to hear your mum was hurt, but pleased she is going to be ok. Hope everyone else here are fine and thankyou all for your kind messages.
Pam

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Hey,

I have been in regular contact with Woppow. She and her family are doing fine. Wop is finding comfit in her new buuny lopsey. She at at her Mums and they didnt suffer too much damage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Great to hear that rsowell and thanks for the update Pam.

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:57 am

Thanks Ros for the update

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Apricot Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:07 am

Love and thoughts to all our christchurch members.
Apricot
Apricot

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:33 am

I can only imagine how upsetting this experience is for people - Peterpam - have you got somewhere to stay on a semi-permanent basis?

Some of the EQC assessors are in Christchurch now - more coming from Aus - so things will get assessed - but it's going to take quite a long time for every property to be seen. It's a huge task.

Daze

daze7
daze7

Back to top Go down

Post by peterpam Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:07 am

Daze I know they are all doing a great job, I am not compaining, but for me I am in a situation were I dont know for sure the outcome of my life. Is my building gone, which I think it has, or do they rebuild and if thats the case I'm totally buggered anyway because there is nothing around me (cos everything else is being demolised) and no one will want to come to my shop. I dont want my historic building gone, but It will be months before it will ever be safe and business can resume and without revenue what do I do. Each day I thank the police, the civil defence, they are amazing, but I need to know whats instore for me. Yes i do have somewhere to stay infact I now live with my man, but THIS is my home, my business and its huge to me. Pleased to hear we have more EQC assessors around but I suspect they will mostly be in CHCH itself, hope not. Im not angry just stressed

peterpam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next