The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nervous

4 posters

Go down

Nervous Empty Nervous

Post by qwerky90 Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm afraid about starting my new. I'm scared tey won't like me, ir I wont get the hang of it.
qwerky90
qwerky90

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Back to top Go down

Nervous Empty Re: Nervous

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:37 am

Is this about your new job? When do you start?

I'm sure you'll be awesome! You know sometimes you have to act confident until you can feel confident - fake it until you make it.

Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by daze7 Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Hi qwerky ..... It's normal to feel apprehensive about starting a new job. But the apprehension will clear - one of the ways to combat it - is to say at the beginning of your first day: 'I'll probably be asking lots of questions (more than once) til I pick up your system/info' .... and the person will probably say something like 'that's OK, ask away' .... People don't expect you to know everything about a job in 5 mijnutes!! It takes about three months to be confident and settled in ... just keep asking til you don't need to!

Keep repeating quiet, confident, self affirming little phrases to yourself! And definitely use the 'fake it til you make it' as Pink says!

Hugs, Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 pm

hiya qwerky

I completely agree with pink and daze

The worst part of a new job is the time BEFORE you actually start!! We end up over thinking it.

Just remember.......one step at a time...breathe...smile...and don't eat garlic in you meal break Razz

Im sure you will be feeling a lot more relaxed and confident at the end of your first week!!

be kind to yourself,
britey
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:39 am

No garlic? ah well we might have to put off meeting for lunch at the mall till you've been there a while. Wouldn't want to sabotage your first day!.

You will be fine Qwerky. I'll have my fingers crossed for you all day.

as Brite says.. one step at a time, breathe, smile,..... I reckon thats great advice.

let us know how it goes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Good luck with the new job Qwerky, the first day will be over in a flash and the second will be much easier for you. Take care. Judy
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down