The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NERVOUS ABOUT QUITTING JOB

4 posters

Go down

NERVOUS ABOUT QUITTING JOB Empty NERVOUS ABOUT QUITTING JOB

Post by JaeBee Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:48 am

I've decided to leave my current job, just have to hand in resignation. I am soooooo nervous. But I know I have to do this. My job isn't good for me at the moment, I've been struggling for ages and just can't do it anymore. Its doing my head in. I think the boss will be mad at me for leaving just before Xmas and I'm worried he will give me grief about it. I don't have another job to go to (yet) and I know the boss will ask what my plans are, what do I say? I just want to be able to relax over Xmas knowing that I never have to go back to that job ever again! I'll get a decent pay-out and my man can support me for awhile coz I did the same him when he lost his job, so I'm not too worried about the money side of it. I just need to have the guts to tell them I quit! Wish me luck

JaeBee

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

NERVOUS ABOUT QUITTING JOB Empty Re: NERVOUS ABOUT QUITTING JOB

Post by ZenMonsta Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:07 am

Wow, what a decision. It sounds as though you have thought long and hard about the situation and have come to the best solution for you.

Go to your boss with this knowledge and know that you do not have to explain yourself any more than you are comfortable with. "personal reasons that you do not wish to discuss further' is always a good line.

You can even add it to your resignation letter and that, hopefully, will give the boss an insight into the fact that you do not wish to have his input into your decision.

I wish you all the very best with your decision and a Peaceful and relaxed Xmas!
santa
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Martine Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:39 am

Ask for an extended leave???

Till you are able to get your head round it?

Being unemployed is no picnic and I am grateful for the shifts I get now.

Martine

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird1 Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:50 am

If finances are not a huge problem for you then it sounds as if having a peaceful few weeks over summer would be great for you. You haven't reached this decision lightly and have obviously been mulling it over and worrying about it all for ages. Once you have written that letter will you have the strength not to be bullied into staying by your boss? It would not be fair of him to do that and after all there are quite a few out there who are looking for jobs, so even if training someone new at this time of year may be inconvenient for him it is not as if he would have the position completely empty for long. You could probably help recruit and train if you give enough notice.
Bluebird1
Bluebird1

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum