The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Nervous Breakdown~That could be me?

2 posters

Go down

~Nervous Breakdown~That could be me? Empty ~Nervous Breakdown~That could be me?

Post by angiebabe Mon May 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Shocked OH Crap.......

I think I'm having one OR have had 1---not sure.

When I said to my psychologist last week about a stupid bitch-bully thing @ work, I said I felt some paranoia Crying or Very sad , and then he said............AArhh--You are definately "Burnt-Out" and you are finding things really hard to deal with, and you are not coping-- What a Face YEP===got it in 1!.

SO have just LOST IT with the kids who were squabbling over nothing, drove them to school---came home and googled...Nervous Breakdown,
I have many symptoms!

NOW I feel numb and weird Idea
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

~Nervous Breakdown~That could be me? Empty Re: ~Nervous Breakdown~That could be me?

Post by daze7 Mon May 04, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi Angiebabe, Another name for depression/anxiety/nervous breakdown is 'depletion'. (Actually, nerves don't break!) Try not to worry - and it's really good you're already seeing a psychologist.

Keep coming in here for support ...... Hugs, Daze
daze7
daze7

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

~Nervous Breakdown~That could be me? Empty Re: ~Nervous Breakdown~That could be me?

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2009 1:41 am

(((((HUGS))))) Angiebabe

It is good to hear you are seeking help from the 'professionals' - 'Burnt out' working and bringing up a family, taking care of a household etc I can totally understand the dr telling you this.

Take some time out for yourself ..... maybe get some time off work or a weekend away from the chores.....

thinking of you.... take care of YOU

Poetry
flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 05, 2009 2:05 am

Hey,

Burn out is a real issue and is a big problem.

Please not burn out and nervous break down are two different things.

Please be careful when googleing infomation espically symptoms etc cos they may become self forfilling proficies (bad sp).

Burn out is when your resources and abilty to cope with a situation are exhasted, it is of concern and the best way to try deal with it is a break from stressors i.e. a week off work (med cert from doc saying stress related), a pleasurable night to yourself etc.

A nervous breakdown is a couple of steps further on where ones ability to cope and function is all bar non-existant.

I hope you get some time to treat yourself soon.

Roswell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum