The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bipolar buddy

3 posters

Go down

bipolar buddy Empty bipolar buddy

Post by mumtothree Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:28 am

ha have recently been diganosed with this and would like to chat with others who also have been diganosed with bipolar, just how you cope and medz and just to feel normal so please get in touch confused Mad Smile Smile
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

bipolar buddy Empty Re: bipolar buddy

Post by logical-cents Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:32 am

Hi MT3

This probably isn't going to be much help but the GP I'm seeing in NP reckons I've got bi-polar, the psychiatrist isn't so sure but will look at trialing some meds when I go back to see him in a few weeks. I know there is quite a few people with bi-polar, but the worst thing I find is that I feel so alone and confused. Best of luck.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Thank LC this is how i feel I have been in and out of the mental health ward for just over two years and it has been label so many things i just wait for them to change it again it was mentioned then it wasnt that the was post tramatic stress then something else so when i had my hypomanic fase they all said it was again hols in there lc because if you can get the right meds it so helps when you see your dr make sure that you discuss all the side effects about the meds because some of then are horrible i went on epilim and put on 30 kg that does not help i would love to follow your story some more i know i chat to you online but to have some one to talk to who is new to bipolar would be great it is pretty scary and very confusing
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:43 am

Yea I spent 9 years being told I have depression. October last year they changed that label to severe depression, severe anxiety and borderline personality traits. Now they looking at changing it to bi-polar. Kinda makes sense to me, I've been reading up about bi-polar and it kinda seems to fit, and it would explain why medication has not worked for the past 10 years.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:44 pm

Hay they did that to me to it started as Postnatal depression tuned to pycosis then serve depression PTSS then unipolar borderlin personalitiy traits then bipolar 2.
9 years that a long time you feel like your never going to get better have you had any manic moments yet or hypermanic they are so the best. well good luck with getting to the end of it, its hard work i know but keep going this i can say and understand as i was in the hospital three weeks agao on the very edge with not much return
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:36 am

Ha logical cents how are you going thought i would just see how things were and how it was going still not at home, have they said anymore to you
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:42 am

Hey MT3,

I go back to Cambridge in 12 days so looking forward to that. Won't know anything more bout anything till my next appointment with psychiatrist which is next Tuesday. At the moment still much the same really cept for the fact I'm looking forward to going home.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:46 am

I will chech in with you again then good luck and really really enjpoy going home to your own space
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by BipolarMummy26 Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:40 am

Hi there.
I was diagnosed as having Bipolar I in July of last year after a severe manic/psychotic episode that saw me spend 10 days in the Mental Health Unit (3 of which were in the ICU) in Takapuna on Auckland's North Shore.

I am more than happy to discuss what happened and how I cope...and sometimes NOT cope.

I am on Lithium to help control my illness.

I am not a fan of this drug though and would love to try a holistic way but it seems you really do need a completely stress free environment with a lot of support to pull this off properly/effectively.

I do notice a difference if I do not take it though.

I had a second episode in January of this year however luckily it wasn't as bad. It did result in my partner leaving me though.

I have a 3 1/2 year old son (ex is not his father) who is the light of my life although admittedly sometimes bears the brunt of my foul moods =(
Not in a physical way though. Just will get quit snappy with him if I'm not doing well.
Thats what I hate the most. He didn't ask to have a mum with this awful condition.

It's not all bad though. I've had some really awesome creativity come from it. The productivity when Hyper manic is awesome lol.
It's just a shame that you can't really control it. Well, at least I know I can't!

Would love to hear from you. Maybe we can help each other.

Kind Regards....Tash =)

BipolarMummy26
BipolarMummy26

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mumtothree Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:03 am

Hi Tash
Nice to hear from you did you come over from trademe?
Well i have finally been told that yes i have bipolar 2 since my last time in hospital in july so still coming to terms with it myself it is so hard.
I so understand what you mean about the kidz i also feel like jekil and hide one min i'm ok with my little ones then for no really reason off i go ranting and raving like you not in a physical way. I have three boys my oldest is 7 middle 4 and little one is 3.
At the moment i'm in and out of hospital so that is hard. I would also like to to be on natural rather than medication I'm not on anything at the mo will see how that goes ment to see dr next week but will see if thta happens. How do you find support over your way have you got a good keyworker and all that.
I agree withyou about our little ones not asking for mums like us.
I also love my hyper moments you feel wonderful shame they have to end.
Hope to talk to you soon feel free to private email or chat on here no worries but would like to keep intouch nice to hear from other mums with little ones. take care.
mumtothree
mumtothree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down