The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is anyone drug free with bipolar 2

Go down

is anyone drug free with bipolar 2 Empty is anyone drug free with bipolar 2

Post by mumtothree Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi there i was just wondering if anyone was drug free with bipolar. I'm looking into it i have been on a large range of drugs and suffered all the side effectz that come with them and now looking at doing it drug free.
My script runs out in 2 weeks so thought i would wean myself off slowly and see how it goes would like advice and any tips that you may have to help get you thorught the ups and downs. Smile
mumtothree
mumtothree

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

is anyone drug free with bipolar 2 Empty Re: is anyone drug free with bipolar 2

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Mumtothree

Hey there, I have not gone without medication since being diagnosed.

Have you had a chat with your Doctor, just a bit worried. I have read some of your journal entries about your daily struggles, and worry that with your children off to school and the change of being on your own, that this might be too much for you right now.

I hate side effects too, such a range and not easy to live with, but I would rather have daily headaches and some nausea than being back in the lock up ward....

Please take care of you

Poetry I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 am

Hi mumtothree,

I dont know much about bipolar2 and natrual or alternative treatments. Please find below a link to a web to a website I find very useful:

http://www.letsthrive.co.nz/FIND+A+HEALTH+PRACTITIONER.html

It list various health professionals includeing natropaths etc.

My I suggest instead of just going drug free you look at alternative treatment. I myself am in the process of going from a medical model approach to my health to a more holistic one. I am combineing tradional medicene with natural supplements like fish oil, magnesium and and a multi vit. I also use aromatherapy a little bit to relax. I have noticed a great improvement in my health.

Good luck and keep us informed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down