The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am lucky to have made it to NP today

3 posters

Go down

Am lucky to have made it to NP today Empty Am lucky to have made it to NP today

Post by logical-cents Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:04 am

Driving along this morning, all is well, start going down the gorge, all the windy roads, round one of the bends and there's this car coming flying at me on the same side of the road, swerving all over the place, I try to slow down and move slightly over to the left to hopefully avoid him, car hits the gravel, does a u-turn and flies over to the other side of the road. Thankfully there was nothing else coming the other way at the time and I managed to move off to the road to the side. Couple of guys that were behind me were nice enough to stop and come check I was ok, was extremely shaken and on the verge of tears (both of which I still am, but won't allow myself to cry). I suspect this guy was probably drunk, few minutes later police came flying up the road with lights and sirens going so they were probably after him.

I think I'm gonna give up driving now. Was only JUST starting to get my confidence back after my accident and was only beginning to drive at night again and now am shaken and just don't want to do it.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Am lucky to have made it to NP today Empty Re: Am lucky to have made it to NP today

Post by Guest Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:06 am

oh logical,

of all the people for it to happen to!

Back to top Go down

Am lucky to have made it to NP today Empty Re: Am lucky to have made it to NP today

Post by Paddy Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:11 am

Crikey LC - and you reckon you still wanna try driving my Sleigh later tonight? Fair enough, 'cos you need to pick up the reigns again.

Sheesh LC, have you thought maybe of having your car 'demagnetised'?

It seems to attract 'objects' towards it with startling frequency lately, hon. Have you noticed that too?

I could do ya a 'good price' on a diesel auto, thats a bit slower, so 'things' have more time to hurtle past and miss.

HonestPatsAutos, Marton - and please don't kick the tyres, they are only just hanging on there, like me.

Feck LC - Once again, I'm delighted you're still with us, but sheesh hon, I'm not entirely certain that I'd like to 'go up against ya' at a demolition derby. You've been practicing hard, these last six months!

Take gentle care of you please LC - and Merry Christmas, Sweetheart. flower

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:18 am

I reckon that maybe it's showing me I shouldn't be here, even though things are coming right and I now actually kinda want to be here. Reckon will drive home on Saturday and that's it, I'm walking/biking every where else from now on.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by becks Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:18 am

Bloody hell LC that's quite a dramatic start to the Christmas festivities! It's a miracle you are relatively unharmed considering you spun over to the other side of the road. Shocked I'd be shaken and upset too. I hope the rest of your time away at your parents house is relaxing and that you are not sore tomorrow from the experience. Take care and hope you feel better soon. Am lucky to have made it to NP today 787356 santa
becks
becks

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2009-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down