The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paroxetine - Whats your experience?

+5
Me
smile4me
_wizza_
Paddy
Floss
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Paroxetine - Whats your experience? - Page 2 Empty Re: Paroxetine - Whats your experience?

Post by kathchris Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:01 am

Thank you paddy for the site. The ones I am on are made by loxamine. I will have a look later.

kathchris

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Paroxetine - Whats your experience? - Page 2 Empty Re: Paroxetine - Whats your experience?

Post by kathchris Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 pm

Ok I had a look thanks for the sight. I have woken up a couple times witha nasty headache in the back of my head and then I get very hot is this the tablet doing this? I also have never minded going for walks and into town but my reflux fleers up when out and I get all uptight and stressed.Is this normal? Hey can I take panadol while on this tablet?

kathchris

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:42 pm

It might be best to give your doc a call kathchris - see if they can answer your questions over the phone,

Back to top Go down

Post by Paddy Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 am

KC,
thats good advice from mylife (Oh, the pain of that admission, you have NO idea, KC) BUT ...

being me, I'd refine it a little and suggest the first person you talk to, is the Practice Nurse there. A most underappreciated and very precious resource, are our medical centre Practice Nurses.

I have no medical qualification so i cannot suggest Yes take Panadol as well, or don't. Please ask the Nurse.

But um, if ya get told ya can't, would you please let me know ASAP, 'cos I'll be in the shit then, won't I? Oh dear, there goes me 12 Panadol a day habit, maybe? Pffft.

Take care, KC. flower

Paddy.
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by meluare Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:02 pm

This is about a year to late but the response you got Floss sounds like antidepressant induced mania. A person shouldnt see a reduction in symptoms from an antidepressant for 2 weeks or more. A rapid unusual response is a warning sign. I got a response with in 40 minutes of taking prozac it took me 10 years to work out the problem, not a very good experience. I seem to recall reading something about PND and bipolar, I didnt take much notice but I ll do a search and get back.
Paddy I agree there are pitfalls in trying to learn about disorders and medication on the web but just trusting your GP or some government department isnt sensible either. Probably you need to learn from a variety of sources and use judgement and experience to guide you.

meluare

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by meluare Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:03 pm

I remember what I read about PND now. Iam pretty sure in the book titled or sub titled "Why am I still depressed" by Jim Phelps he discusses PND. I didnt take to much notice as I didnt think I would be getting pregnant any time soon.
He believes PND is a type of bipolar disorder, rapid responce was one similarity. Presumably the problems that antidepressants cause arent to severe or treatment guide lines for PND would have been changed by now. Any unusual responce to medication and you should contact your doctor . Hopefully he will know what to do.

meluare

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2