The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post by Xanthousflame Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:18 am

I'm new here, and came across this site through another site which I thought i would check it out as I thought it sounded like a good place to voice concerns, chat or get advice.
I suffer from mild depression and I've been finding the past month hard to focus or get up and go in the mornings, I've done the whole councelling thing to which it worked for a while but now find Im back to square 1, I decided to go without taking anti depressants as I thought my depression wasnt that bad and a few visits to the counsellor would fix it but its proved me wrong I'm still unsure whether anti depressants are the right way for me to go and now I'm a bit weary of going to the doctor and asking for them as I hate the whole 20 questions into why i want them.
I'm unhappy in my job, lonely, feel like I have no friends at all to talk to and even though not suicidal I wish i wasnt here on this earth and lately feel like bursting into tears. You may wonder how can you know your not suicidal when you wish you werent here well i know for sure i wouldnt have the guts to take my own life and I do have a conscious of how it would effect my family. I'm finding I have a few personal issues to deal with both emotionally and physically which I'm struggling to do.
Anyway I will end it here and look forward to meeting everyone here Embarassed

Xanth
Xanthousflame
Xanthousflame

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty A special hug and hi from me!

Post by angiebabe Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58 am

Question Hi Xanthe--
Glad you joined this group and I want to congrat you---as you may be on your 1st step towards some progress!! Twisted Evil
You sound quite similar to me in some respects----NOT quite sure whether you need meds or not--not so sure the depression "actually IS" or not that bad and you'll get over it, with a few talks.
THATS what I have done in the past and even just recently as a few weeks back.
What a Face NOW that I had a meltdown I have chosen to get REAL honest about it and face up to things.
Its hard to talk about and still hard to answer questions from hubby when he says----"OH whats WRONG Now???"
But I have made some progress and I'm sure you will too hun.

All the very best!
XX
angiebabe
angiebabe

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Back to top Go down

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post by claire_sky Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the site! You know every day i sign in I always read something i can relate to! At least we know we aren't alone and are able to share our thoughts and feelings here - its great!

Last edited by claire_sky on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

claire_sky

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanthousflame Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:33 am

Admitting you have a problem is probably the first step towards healing and there are times I feel like I am going around in circles always ending back at square one, at the moment I'm stuck in a rut both with work and with my personal life, I moved away from my hometown which helped me gained the independance that i craved but feels like I have run away from my problem .
I'm not a ppl person and always find it hard to connect with others as I'm scared to step out of my safety zone in fear of getting hurt or rejected thats part of life but for some they brush it off so easily where i will step back into my shell and ponder.
we all relate to each others stories in one way or the other and I'm sure we can learn from others hereas to how they learnt to over come them Smile

Thanks u2 for the welcome so far in my visit here I've met some nice ppl Smile

Xanth
Xanthousflame
Xanthousflame

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down