The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another new member

+2
britelite
angierose
6 posters

Go down

Another new member Empty Another new member

Post by angierose Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:06 pm

hi thought i would say hi and have being meaning to post here for a while.
I wont go on about me at the presnt as I am feeling sorry for myself also combined with hatred for myself which isnt good.
What a greta idea to ahve this mb maybe when I can put my thoughts together I can post my worries
Ang

angierose

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Another new member Empty Re: Another new member

Post by britelite Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi angierose...I am really glad that you have decided to join us Very Happy

you are right...self pity and loathing are not good emotions...but ones that we all have at different times...sometimes it helps to be able to share our thoughts with others to make steps towards getting a new perspective on them...so I hope you don't take too long to decide to start rambling away like the rest of us...hahaha

when you are ready there is a chat thingamebob at the bottom of the home page...a good time to catch people there is in the evening or else just try your luck at any time of the day or night as quite often there is someone around...it plays up on occasions but that is something we just have to grin and bear

hope to catch up with you soon...brite flower
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by angierose Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:04 pm

thankyou brite Smile . I spose to get others to know me is to bare all . I am a alcoholic with depression and soon will be going into resdential rehab Feb ( well hopefully) I also have depression which Iwas on celepram to cope but Im not on those at the moment which I know is dumb ( very good at making dumb choices) Im just at a place where I dont like Im unure of my marriage as well which with all that is going on is hard to cope with
thanks for letting me vent
Ang

angierose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sari Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Hiya Ang welcome.I have spoken to you once or twice in that other place! I seem to be pretty good at making bad choices too at times!!! Hugzz to you hun.
Sari
Sari

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:03 pm

HI Ang, I recognise you too. Good on you for coming here, the people seem really nice, not at all like the "other" place. I wish you well with rehab, I have had a drinking problem for over 20 years. I took my first drink when I was 12 years old and have been battling the demon ever since. So I know how hard it is.
I made the mistake of taking myself off Citalapram for depression ,but Ive finally come to terms with the fact that I will be taking this stuff for the rest of my life.
It keeps me on an even keel and stops me from plunging into the darkness.
Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Registration date : 2009-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by angierose Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:47 am

thankyou so much for the kind replys. I hopefully am going soon to rehab and yes pretty sure the marriage is over even tho I get confused. I know I cant do anything till after rehab and with a clear alcohol free head!!

angierose

Back to top Go down

Post by lowdown Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:12 am

Yes best not to make any decisions until you are in a good head space to do so. One of the worst symptoms of depression I have found is doubting the love that others have for me and that I have for them, it seems to happen when you are in a black place and you need to try to work out what is real and what is your depression speaking...

lowdown

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ZenMonsta Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:37 am

Hi Angie

I am also an alcoholic with depression. I am in early recovery and 51 days sober atm.

I am attending the Intensive Outpaients Programme at Cads Mt Eden atm and am really finding it to be of great benefit.

I also attend AA and every morning I attend an online AA metting

http://www.aaonline.net/chat2/chat16.php

I have an addiction thread in the general forum and theerreare some links and websites there also.

If you, or anyone, would like to talk or if I can help in anyway please dont hesitate to talk to me either here or PM me if your feel more comfortable.

Welcome to the friendliest website on the net!

HUgs

Monsta

Last edited by ZenMonsta on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
ZenMonsta
ZenMonsta

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by angierose Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:54 am

thanks monsta Ive being a alkie for 12 years wine is my failing :0( .
I think I need the residental rehab as I just cant fight when its everywhere at the moment.
might have alook at your threads thanks
Ang

angierose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down