The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you want from this site?

3 posters

Go down

What do you want from this site? Empty What do you want from this site?

Post by Admin (Paddy) Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:50 am

Do we need rules? Or, do we try and see if common sense and decency wins the day, first?

One thing I would like the site to be, is a 'safe haven' for those of us who need one from time to time - but that doesn't mean we can't have some robust discussions, lol.

Hopefully, as membership and useage grows, some members may consider taking on a role as Moderator for the Message Boards?

Anyway, the site is here to be moulded into what we want and need it to be, so all ideas and comments will be gratefully received.

Thanks, Pat.
Admin (Paddy)
Admin (Paddy)
Admin

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-08-16

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

What do you want from this site? Empty Re: What do you want from this site?

Post by nzgirl Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:31 am

Heya Pat,

A few things, perhaps some basic ground rules IE no detailed self harm... Or using *trigger* in the title if it may do so for some people. Also maybe an expressions thread stickied so people can post poetry etc. Or once the threads grow (which I have no doubt they will) perhaps categories for them. Just a few ideas. NZgirl

nzgirl

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedaisy Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:02 am

I'd second what nzgirl has suggested. I think it is definitely important for certain posts to be labelled as triggering...though I suppose many topics on here could be potentially triggering.

Categories would be a great idea- things like Medication, Interactions with Healthcare Professionals, Tips for Coping, Dealing with Loss/Change, Dealing with WINZ etc....

bluedaisy

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down