The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starting the ball rolling

+4
gypzy
shadowsmum
Admin (Paddy)
bmm
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Starting the ball rolling - Page 2 Empty Re: Starting the ball rolling

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:33 am

Tell your Dr everything. That you aren't coping at the moment, what she is like to live with how if affects your family the extra work and stress on you, that you are her only carer and how it's pulling you down and need a break from it and would she qualify for respite care if not what do you qualify for being her sole carer.

Back to top Go down

Post by bw110 Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks, just had a look at the respite care website, but it seems id only be eligable if she needs 24hr care, and is unable to look after themselves-none of which is the catagory im in.Nor has it been 6mths.

bw110

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bmm Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:17 am

bw110 - it may be worthwhile giving HealthPAC a call; they administer respite care and can tell you exactly what you may be eligible for and how to access it. Their number is in the phone book under Ministry of Health.

bmm

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by _wizza_ Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:34 pm

hi all
im teena, 21 years young and have suffered from depression for the past 2? i have recently moved back into my parents house and am coping a bit better but still have my days. depression runs through the female side of my family so i do have a lot of support but feel like i burden them with my problems, so i tend to hide away and opt not to talk. i will probley not post much as i tend to bottle it up (which i know isnt a good thing) but its good to know that there is support here when i need it. ive been staring at the screen for so long ....just unsure what to write so thats me i'm off to bed now to pretend i dont exist today.hope you all have a good day
_wizza_
_wizza_

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by britelite Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:07 am

hi wizza,
really nice to meet you...I'm like you I, a bottler, don't want to be a burden and a niusance to others...but that way hasn't helped me to improve in my depression...I have been told by some people who truely care that I need to learn how to talk and share how I really feel to start lifting myself out of this deep pit...I'm not very good at it yet, but I am making an effort...even though I still seem to write out a post and then delete it a lot more often than actually sending it...I'm working on that...this is my 3rd go at writing this one...so anyway I spend a lot more time lurking and reading...I can still get ideas, information and I know that I'm not the only one going through this...I will catch you later...take care and be kind to yourself.
britelite
britelite

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2