The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wish me luck

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Wish me luck - Page 3 Empty Re: Wish me luck

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:53 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Wow, and just like that I get slammed and am a bawling wreck.

WTF isn't euthanasia legal for humans???

WHAT

WHAT happened???

can I help you. Wish me luck - Page 3 870194

I"m just rotating around websites so will be popping back in

Wish me luck - Page 3 870194

*~*Beej*~*

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Beej: Thanks hon. I just had a spectacularly bad night where everything felt awful and intense without any trigger. Ended up taking my sleeping meds early as that was the only way I could see out of it.
Woke up feeling kinda as per usual, so at least today commences without too many challenges.

Thank you for caring Wish me luck - Page 3 787356
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:59 pm

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Beej: Thanks hon. I just had a spectacularly bad night where everything felt awful and intense without any trigger. Ended up taking my sleeping meds early as that was the only way I could see out of it.
Woke up feeling kinda as per usual, so at least today commences without too many challenges.

Thank you for caring Wish me luck - Page 3 787356

anytime matey, anytime

are you thinking that you'll get yourself a wee dog? or a dog?
it seems to turn out that big dogs need less exercise than small ones,
unless you get extremely small dogs.

look after you today.
am thinking of you flower

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:21 am

We're looking at a large dog... a nice lazy couch potato, but requiring exercise (not unlike me!). DH is still avoiing the topic.

The day has passed without too much issue. Had the shakes from hell this morning... I couldn't get dressed properly because of it. agitation sucks@!!!!
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:41 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:We're looking at a large dog... a nice lazy couch potato, but requiring exercise (not unlike me!). DH is still avoiing the topic.

The day has passed without too much issue. Had the shakes from hell this morning... I couldn't get dressed properly because of it. agitation sucks@!!!!

oh wow that cant be great ~ the shakes I mean!!

when I get agitated I stutter, shake or cry, blardy hate it.

but if I'm starting to get agitated I grab me dog and bugger off, take me phone so I can be tracked down or can make contact IF I need to otherwise I'm alone, but not alone, and getting well needed space.

I love big dogs. alien

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Sounds perfect Beej! I love the unconditional love/acceptance that comes from dogs. I'm a cat person at heart (love their independence and feist!) but there's a gap in our wee family, and I'd love to fill it with a rescued dog.

So far so good today. About to go out and visit a friend, so will see how the shakes go today. Work tomorrow - eek!!!! Not looking forward to that.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:41 am

Yip, I think cats rock too, altho my Georgie boy is definitely pushing his luck at the moment.

My dog is an Australian Cattle Dog, and she is the closest you get to an independant dog, she will play by herself when shes bored, and its just so much fun to watch, I have had Border collies, and German Shepherds and mutleys (love me specials) now Kharmann has spoiled me and I'll never not have a heeler.

Shes a one family dog, very loving, loyal and has an awesome attitude, she actually (& its a trait of theres) sulks, as in she will turn her back to you, sit her bum down and ignore you, (BUT you catch her every now and then turning to check up and see if your worried!!) iits sooo cute.

altho she is a high energy dog, she doesn't get a lot of exercise but does get alot of brain training.

She is a great friend to me.

Have a great day,

work tomorrow will be a piece of cake!! you'll cruise thru it.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 am

Bit nervous... am worried about all the questions about where I've been etc. Think I'll take plenty of PRN meds with me. PRN and coffee. Wish me luck - Page 3 97283

Ok, so fingers x'd I sleep.... then, onwards and upwards because I'm sure getting by on one wage won't be a lot of fun.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 am

getting by on one wage is exactly that!!
unless you make some changes and thats a very personal decision that you both have to be happy with

you could always tell them you've been crook in hospital

its not a lie, and if they are nosy you could say something like "its personal"

dont lie, just dont give out too much information that will make you uncomfortable.

I'm sending lots of hugs and good vibes. Wish me luck - Page 3 787356

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:20 am

Ok, survived day 1. Kinda. Lots of panicking and wanting to escape. Lots of feeling inadequate.

So, sleeping in tomorrow... I hope.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:45 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Ok, survived day 1. Kinda. Lots of panicking and wanting to escape. Lots of feeling inadequate.

So, sleeping in tomorrow... I hope.

WELL DONE MATEY!!!

YOU DID IT!!!

enjoy your sleep in tomorrow you really deserve it. Wish me luck - Page 3 62723

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks hon Wish me luck - Page 3 787356 Your support has meant a LOT through this!

Right... now to face the day and make something of it.

What're you up to today?
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:09 am

Hi ya

sorry haven't been in before now, have the flu and its not nice,
today has been totally wasted, I hate days like this,
I feel really robbed.

Your very welcome for the support anytime.
what did you end up doing with your day??

I ended up sleeping and drinking lots of fluid and nagging Mr 14 to do his schoolwork ( he does correspondence) & drained me energy levels.

sad very sad Very Happy

but never mind another day tomorrow. alien

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:38 am

Saw my psych doc with hubby this afternoon. I'm now for a whole lot of tests to make absolutely certain there is nothing physical contributing. That includes a CT or MRI as I have had loss of sense of smell, and that's pretty unusual apparently. Real shame that I'm claustrophobic!

Poor hubby is still chuckling... psych doc also thought the dog idea was a brilliant one Wish me luck - Page 3 158205

Sorry to hear you have the flu Crying or Very sad Keep the fluids up, rest lots and make Mr 14yo your slaaaaave!
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:01 am

WOW!!!

thats interesting that he thinks it might be an illness thats making things worse for you, whatever it is I hope they find it and fix it.

Glad that the psych doc thought a dog was a brilliant idea, they sure do rock, and dogs and cats make great buddies, my cat runs rings around our dogs and keeps them in line real good!! LOVE IT and him. lol!

If you tell them at the MRI thingee (before you go in) that your claustrophobic they will give you a sedative to help, I've had an MRI & I too am claustrophobic, didn't know that you could do that and seriously struggled, it was awful but I did it, next (god forbid) I will make sure that I am sedated.

I LOVE the idea of making Jimmy my slave, but his knees are knaffed (seriously screwed) hes had to stop kung fu, running and doing parkour (poor kid seems like his whole life has been robbed from him)

but he is a great kid, except when hes working on a subject that bores him cos then he stops and talks (ALOT) and hes really really really gifted, so the subject matter is normally WAY over the top of my head, BUT I have the nodding of my head and uh huhs in the right place now, so I'm getting better, but its like talking to a walking encyclopedia.

hope your day is going well for you.
Wish me luck - Page 3 907256

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:16 am

Hubby finally gave his permission (I'd never do it without his agreeing), so our application form to adopt our dog is in. Next the homevisit... and then...!

Today was a slow one. Cleaning... and just catching up on tv tidbits (haven't watched for over a month!).

Back to work tomorrow Sad
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:34 am

wow thats so exciting that your getting a dog?
I'm guessing that your getting it from the SPCA?
have you looked on Trade Me? theres always alot of free dogs on there too.

wow!!

not watching tv for over a month that deserves an award, its always on here as my 17yr old loves the music channel. I seriously think that I could happily live without tv, but I do love me dvds.

hope works ok for you tomorrow. Wish me luck - Page 3 342442

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:21 am

Sleep I'm knackered.

Umm m no not through SPCA... through GAP (rehoming greyhounds after they're retired from racing, rather than euthan asing them).
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 am

OH I"M JEALOUS!!!

really really JEALOUS!!

ooh lucky you, apparently they are awesome pets. Wish me luck - Page 3 657130

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:55 am

Hi Music,

Sorry I haven't been around more. Pleased to hear that you managed to survive your first day back at work, hopefully it will get easier and better for you as time goes on.

So awesome that your hubby has agreed to get a dog. I can't wait to we are aloud a dog, D says though that we need to own our own house first which is fair enough, hard enough to find a rental that allows cats. I'm sure your home visit will go fine. What do you reckon the cats will think of the dog?

Take care
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:59 pm

logical-cents wrote:Hi Music,

Sorry I haven't been around more. Pleased to hear that you managed to survive your first day back at work, hopefully it will get easier and better for you as time goes on.

So awesome that your hubby has agreed to get a dog. I can't wait to we are aloud a dog, D says though that we need to own our own house first which is fair enough, hard enough to find a rental that allows cats. I'm sure your home visit will go fine. What do you reckon the cats will think of the dog?

Take care

Hey LC

glad that you have posted, I have been worried about you,
what colour belt are you up to? you must be pretty fit huh?
yes its easier to have a dog IF you own your own home, altho IF thats NOT going to happen then (if you are a dog person) you find ways around it. Not easy tho.

we have had a dog in our family for 20years now (it took me 3 years to talk the hubby into it & basically I just nagged until I wore him down) we have never owned in that time frame, and finding houses has sometimes been hard and sometimes not, we have been asked by LLs to rent from them (even with the dogs in tow) altho now that I am ill the gardens and house aren't kept to the same standard. altho I couldn't live without a dog (emotionally they are my buddies and best friends)

look after you LC alien

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 pm

*~*Beej*~* wrote:
logical-cents wrote:Hi Music,

Take care

Hey LC

glad that you have posted, I have been worried about you,
what colour belt are you up to? you must be pretty fit huh?
yes its easier to have a dog IF you own your own home, altho IF thats NOT going to happen then (if you are a dog person) you find ways around it. Not easy tho.

we have had a dog in our family for 20years now (it took me 3 years to talk the hubby into it & basically I just nagged until I wore him down) we have never owned in that time frame, and finding houses has sometimes been hard and sometimes not, we have been asked by LLs to rent from them (even with the dogs in tow) altho now that I am ill the gardens and house aren't kept to the same standard. altho I couldn't live without a dog (emotionally they are my buddies and best friends)

look after you LC alien

Hi beej,

Don't worry too much about me, lol. I just graded to my green belt last night. I'm not very fit, especially when I haven't actually been able to do much training in the last 3 months. This was the worst grading test for me, not in terms of how it went, coz I knew my stuff although made a mistake in the kata, it was the worst in how I felt. I was so nervous before hand, for the last week or so leading up to it all I wanted to do was pull out, the juniors had their grading first last night which I was helping with and nearing the end of their one I was starting to feel so sick and feeling like I was going to throw up before the senior grading had even started, I didn't though. Then through the grading when we were doing the movements up and down the dojo I was just sweating hard out, ears were pounding, felt light headed and dizzy, had bit of trouble re-gaining my breath after each section and got quite sore, especially round the chest/ribs area and my neck/shoulders. I don't think it helped that the place I was staying at they have an un-flued gas heater which buggers up my breathing a lot, luckily I did have an asthma inhaler with me so that helped, but I managed to get by without using it through the grading. Growing up we had a similar gas heater and I often had breathing problems when it was used.

D wants a dog as well, luckily we both want a bigger breed of dog (lab, alsation, husky etc) which is one of the reasons D says we need our own place first. My parents have a Jack Russell x Fox Terrier and even though I love her to bits she can also be the most annoying thing around lol. D's ex-girlfriend and my ex-best friend has a little Maltese dog, she is adorable but used to follow me everywhere and didn't like to leave me alone (kinda like the cats but not). I've got nothing against smaller breeds of dogs, I just don't really like the yappy ones and would prefer a bigger breed.

Anyway, hope your application for your dog is going alright Music, and hope work isn't too bad for you.

Take care of yourselves, both of you.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 am

Well done on your green belt LC! That's nothing to sneeze at. I used to train, but my health divebombed before my greenbelt grading... and I haven't returned.

MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum