The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wish me luck

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wish me luck Empty Wish me luck

Post by MusicOnMyMind Mon May 07, 2012 2:30 am

After a period of sort-of stability at "blah" level, I got worse in a hurry and it has shown no sign of reversing, so have called in for an urgent appt with my p-doc. freaking out and hoping like hell they don't section me. So scared... but more scared of continuing on feeling like this and what it'd do to me. Shaking like a leaf and hoping hoping hoping they can figure out a way to help that still sees me stay home and retain control (or some vague sense of it).

For anyone around... please keep me in your prayers/thoughts etc ? Am off now... hope to post later silent
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-03-26

Back to top Go down

Wish me luck Empty Re: Wish me luck

Post by MusicOnMyMind Mon May 07, 2012 10:04 am

So much for that idea. Section 11 it is pale
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Bored outta my tree here. All this rush to get my in to hospital, and now nothing. FFS! And they keep asking what I need to be able to go home?!?! Ummmm open the door and let me out?

So much for "collaboration" in healthcare Evil or Very Mad I go in and ask for help, a change in meds to get things back on track, and land up here. The district inspector is having a fieldday with this.

In the meantime, Thank God for smartphones... Smartphones and ear-plugs.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Thu May 10, 2012 6:07 am

And on it goes. Have lodged for a S.16, and hopefully have my chance in court tomorrow. I *hope* to be out by the weekend. fingers x'd!

If not... well... It's gonna be a long few weeks! I kinda feel sorry for my doctor. I wouldn't wanna look after me in that capacity!
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Tue May 15, 2012 8:51 am

whats a section 11 and whats a s.16?

so glad that you have a smartphone with you.
do you have family and friends that support you and help you?

*~*Beej*~*

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Tue May 15, 2012 8:15 pm

S.11 (section 11) is the compulsory assessment and treatment "start" of the mental health act. a S.16 (section 16) is the right to be reviewed by a judge at any time while under compulsory detainment.

They managed to delay it (again and again....) so it's now happening today. Considering what they did to me yesterday (effectively ambushed me), I don't think it's gonna go easy, but I still hope it goes my way and I get to go home today. If not... well... will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm away from family and supports Beej... but my hubby and a friend have been trying to come every few days to take me out and support me.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 16, 2012 12:17 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:S.11 (section 11) is the compulsory assessment and treatment "start" of the mental health act. a S.16 (section 16) is the right to be reviewed by a judge at any time while under compulsory detainment.

They managed to delay it (again and again....) so it's now happening today. Considering what they did to me yesterday (effectively ambushed me), I don't think it's gonna go easy, but I still hope it goes my way and I get to go home today. If not... well... will cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm away from family and supports Beej... but my hubby and a friend have been trying to come every few days to take me out and support me.

Oh matey that so sucks that your away from family and supports, sooo not ok, bloody health system can really really suck, sometimes I am absolutely sure that they have NO comprehension of what they are actually doing as they can (& it seems will) do more damage than good at times.

wishing you the best of luck today.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed May 16, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks hon.

Unfortunately I lost. I can't exactly say the judge was cavalier about her decision making - we were in there almost two hours, and it was VERY thorough. In the end however, I lost, so I'm stuck here for a while.

Just spoke with my doc as two of the indicators they're monitoring me on are sleep and appetite, so I thought screw it, bomb me out and make me sleep! lol... so the doc has agreed to bomb me tonight and review doses tomorrow. I also requested more leave during the day so I can walk and exercise etc... also granted cheers Told them I knew it wasn't what I wanted (staying) but I was gonna make the most of it.

DH has just left... I'm so grateful he came today... and that my lawyer was soooo onto it. Unfortunately the issue of risk was too insurmountable.

Arse! No

Oh well. At least I've found somewhere local that does a damn fine coffee. There has to be a silver lining somewhere eh?
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 16, 2012 3:05 am

ohh I'm sorry, how long will you be in there for?

is there an end date or is it just when they "feel" things are getting better?

great that you get more time to be out of there and have found a good coffee shop.

glad your DH has just left, great that he came huh?
awesome stuff,

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed May 16, 2012 3:35 am

not sure how long. I guess it depends on how I improve (AKA how well I play the game).

Can't get hold of my boss... aaaargh...
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 16, 2012 3:49 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:not sure how long. I guess it depends on how I improve (AKA how well I play the game).

Can't get hold of my boss... aaaargh...

isn't it funny, just how clever we can be when we need to be aye?
if your well enough to "play the game" then I'd say that your well enough to continue at home, but what would I know, but to me thats how it would seem.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed May 16, 2012 5:10 am

Sorry to hear the music, hopefully they won't keep you in there much longer. Pleased your husband made it today.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by logical-cents Wed May 16, 2012 5:13 am

Would they let you go home for a night or so? Then you can see your hubby and cats. I know on one of my stays in hospital my parents came up and talked to my nurses and were able to sign me out for the weekend. They were given a treatment plan, contact numbers, medications, and signed a form saying they would take responsibility of me, return me by agreed time/day, and contact them or return me if I went downhill. Just an idea they might consider.
logical-cents
logical-cents

Number of posts : 882
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 16, 2012 7:49 am

logical-cents wrote:Would they let you go home for a night or so? Then you can see your hubby and cats. I know on one of my stays in hospital my parents came up and talked to my nurses and were able to sign me out for the weekend. They were given a treatment plan, contact numbers, medications, and signed a form saying they would take responsibility of me, return me by agreed time/day, and contact them or return me if I went downhill. Just an idea they might consider.

Hey LC

what a brilliant idea that is, heres hoping Music might be able to get that, anything would be great, but at least we are here to try and help support her.

how are you today matey?
I have been thinking about you lots.

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed May 16, 2012 8:23 am

You guys rock.

The doc mentioned leave next week... so hopefully that means home for good by the end of the week.

My DH (bless his socks) just called me on skype, just to show me the furbabies Wish me luck 388148 and there was my furry little girl purring away, before biting DH and chasing after the other cat, dangling upside down under the chair cat #2 had taken refuge on Wish me luck 683277

MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 16, 2012 8:27 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:You guys rock.

The doc mentioned leave next week... so hopefully that means home for good by the end of the week.

My DH (bless his socks) just called me on skype, just to show me the furbabies Wish me luck 388148 and there was my furry little girl purring away, before biting DH and chasing after the other cat, dangling upside down under the chair cat #2 had taken refuge on Wish me luck 683277

oh that sounds brilliant, nothing better than watching your puddy tats playing aye? I only have one, but he rocks, hes MY cat, has always chosen me over everybody else in the house (sooo good for the ego)

I hope it works out that it does mean home for you at the end of the week that would/will be awesome. rabbit

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed May 16, 2012 8:35 am

meaning next week Beej... should be home by next weekend.

My darling furbaby chose me (literally)... and is completely "my" girl. She's apparently quite unsettled, keeps looking for me at home. Can't wait to get home and give her a scratch and hear her meep at me and chatter Smile
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:You guys rock.

thats brilliant, funny I thought that I had posted on here, but its gone, me bloody compooter is playing up big time at the moment I am very tempted to pick it up and throw it across the room

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Wed May 16, 2012 10:47 pm

tempted to have a nap. Just had a lovely long walk through town, a very substandard shower... and think I might curl up and watch a dvd. Can't be shagged doing anything right now. If they wanna write in my notes that I'm self-isolating... fuckem. Suspect
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Thu May 17, 2012 2:10 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:tempted to have a nap. Just had a lovely long walk through town, a very substandard shower... and think I might curl up and watch a dvd. Can't be shagged doing anything right now. If they wanna write in my notes that I'm self-isolating... fuckem. Suspect

ummm,
I always stick to myself, I prefer being by myself (with my trusty dog &/or cat with me of course) but why do you have to be WITH people?

I dont understand that, altho I am a loner by nature, always have been always will be. find it much much easier to be on my own, (its much safer that way)

a lovely long walk sounds great, sub standard shower NOT so great, hope the dvd was good. alien

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Thu May 17, 2012 9:05 am

About 5 mins after I wrote that the doc wanted to review me. Talked about court yesterday and how I must have been disappointed in the outcome. I said yes, but I was pleased that the hearing was so thorough, I felt heard, and respected the judge's decision.

Coulda blown them down with a feather! Laughing

Along with a comment on my incredible control of myself in a very frustrating situation... they started talking leave and discharge Wish me luck 62723 Not too much longer and I'm gonna be hooooooome!

I really have my fingers crossed, because today is the first day in a long time where i've felt ok. I am praying it continues.

Also spoke with my boss and let him know I won't be back to work in the near future... he took it rather well I must say!

Oh God... seriously... let this be it. Let the tide of emotion stay at a lull and let me function and be ok for a while!
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Thu May 17, 2012 12:00 pm

MusicOnMyMind wrote:About 5 mins after I wrote that the doc wanted to review me. Talked about court yesterday and how I must have been disappointed in the outcome. I said yes, but I was pleased that the hearing was so thorough, I felt heard, and respected the judge's decision.

Coulda blown them down with a feather! Laughing

Along with a comment on my incredible control of myself in a very frustrating situation... they started talking leave and discharge Wish me luck 62723 Not too much longer and I'm gonna be hooooooome!

I really have my fingers crossed, because today is the first day in a long time where i've felt ok. I am praying it continues.

Also spoke with my boss and let him know I won't be back to work in the near future... he took it rather well I must say!

Oh God... seriously... let this be it. Let the tide of emotion stay at a lull and let me function and be ok for a while!

that is SERIOUSLY awesome!!!

YEEHA I am sooo happy for you, maybe the walks and time for you is a good thing.

gosh you must have a great boss?

hope things continue to go this well for you. flower

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Fri May 18, 2012 4:23 am

Thanks Beej Smile

My boss is very black-and-white. I know enough about my contract to invoke certain aspects (discretionary leave for example) that will keep the $$ coming in for a few weeks yet. So really, I'm just pointing out how he can help me.

Today was another flat day... but I won't let it get to me or otherwise I have to stay here,.
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by *~*Beej*~* Tue May 22, 2012 1:19 am

MusicOnMyMind wrote:Thanks Beej Smile

My boss is very black-and-white. I know enough about my contract to invoke certain aspects (discretionary leave for example) that will keep the $$ coming in for a few weeks yet. So really, I'm just pointing out how he can help me.

Today was another flat day... but I won't let it get to me or otherwise I have to stay here,.

hey matey

how are you doing today?
sorry I haven't been back in, have been out n about and between that and me blinkin fibro getting pretty tired.
its good that you know how to manage your boss (as far as your contract is concerned) otherwise they can really push you around aye?
I had to give up work a couple of years ago (due to the fibro) and miss it alot, but dont miss haggling with the boss, the company I worked for were arseholes but I loved my job and the people that I worked with.

now I'm an at home mum and my youngest son is does correspondence school work and its nice to be here with him, I love it, its one of the real bonus' of not being able to work. cat

*~*Beej*~*

Back to top Go down

Post by MusicOnMyMind Tue May 22, 2012 6:51 am

That sounds quite cool, being an at home mum.

I was reviewed and discharged today, and they took me off the Mental Health Act as well cheers Can't say i'm feeling a hell of a lot better, but at least I can sleep at home, so would much rather be here. Have another few weeks off work, and think my community doc will extend that out a bit (he mentioned having at least a month off)... so we'll see. Was just so glad today to have them say I could go home! I'd packed a bag and all... and made sure I was dressed nice, hair and makeup all good (half of the assessment is in the appearance).

Probably the most disturbing thing to me right now is that everywhere I look I can see ways of killing myself silent Not planning on doing that... but it's kinda freaking me out more than a tad.

Nice to hear from you Beej!
MusicOnMyMind
MusicOnMyMind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: