The Big Black Dog Message Board & Chat Room (TBBD)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks ...

3 posters

Go down

Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks ... Empty Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks ...

Post by Paddy Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:26 am

Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks woman with recipe for Macaroni Cheese (sorry Daze, telling me its like White Sauce isn’t a help, cos um, I don’t know how to make White Sauce, neither.)

I reckon I’ve got the Macaroni – cooking bit of it sussed, but how the heck is the cheese sauce made, and with what and in what quantities?

Blimmin cookbooks seem to assume one automatically knows these things, but this S.N.A.G. doesn’t.

Oh yeah, the Quiche – it was on special at New World, so I just told me tummy it was a pie with no lid and fingers crossed, I got away with it (not that I shall ever admit to eating Quiche, oh no, not moi.)

I invested in a bag of flour today, so ya can see I’m quite serious about this – the last bag I bought lasted less than six years before becoming weevil-infested, I dunno. Stuff don’t seem to last like it used to, sigh.

I assume one uses a frying pan to make this sauce stuff, but beyond that, the knowledge is a bit hazy, to say the least.

Help! Please. Embarassed

Paddy. Embarassed
Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks ... Empty Re: Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks ...

Post by Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlg9rHYKa8w

I don't do nut-meg yuck

Good luck Paddy

Man when you learn this white sauce your gunna be in cooking heaven.....

Back to top Go down

Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks ... Empty Re: Vegetarian-Quiche eating S.N.A.G. urgently seeks ...

Post by Paddy Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:23 am

Embarassed

Crikey, don't I feel a bit silly, after seeing that sauce being made. Embarassed

Thanks Poetry, I shall give it a go one of these days (looks like I even got the 'frypan' bit wrong Embarassed) and I shall dedicate me first home made Macaroni Cheese meal, to you m'dear.

Nah, I'm not a fan of nutmeg, either just quietly. It seemed like a heck of a lot of Butter she used, but I can probably reduce that (a culinary pun, how good is that eh?) Wink

Cor, it looked good enough to make a sammy out of, didn't it eh?

Paddy.

Paddy
Paddy

Number of posts : 1607
Registration date : 2008-09-25

http://www.thebigblackdog.co.nz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maisie Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:24 am

Yum, macaroni cheese! :swoon:

How did yours go? I cant see the youtube vid (am on dialup) but I used to make it with bacon and pineapple too, which was delish!

(Damn, I want macaroni cheese now!) Laughing

Maisie

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Elsie Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:00 am

Had a gentle smile seeing this, my son loves Mac Cheese, but I haven't made it in an age. Paddy, here's hoping that the recipe is still one in regular use. I may just have to make some myself Cool

Elsie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down